Laptop Brand

Started by toffer, October 12, 2008, 06:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: pinoybrusko on February 03, 2010, 03:22:08 PM
......if you're looking for a good laptop brand and affordable you will not go wrong with Toshiba and Dell laptops.....Sony, IBM and MAC are for high end users meaning expensive na at di praktikal pero same quality lang naman with Toshiba and Dell......for a laptop user like me I recommend those two brands (Toshiba and Dell).....ang importante naman ay ung specs like core 2 duo dpat ang processor tapos may 4Gb ang RAM tapos 500GB harddisk at may dedicated video card at least 1 GB ok na.....

PB may alam ka ba kung san makakabili ng murang laptop? well, except for singapore.. yung sa Pinas lang... thanks

Quote from: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on February 05, 2010, 05:14:08 AM
Quote from: pinoybrusko on February 03, 2010, 03:22:08 PM
......if you're looking for a good laptop brand and affordable you will not go wrong with Toshiba and Dell laptops.....Sony, IBM and MAC are for high end users meaning expensive na at di praktikal pero same quality lang naman with Toshiba and Dell......for a laptop user like me I recommend those two brands (Toshiba and Dell).....ang importante naman ay ung specs like core 2 duo dpat ang processor tapos may 4Gb ang RAM tapos 500GB harddisk at may dedicated video card at least 1 GB ok na.....

PB may alam ka ba kung san makakabili ng murang laptop? well, except for singapore.. yung sa Pinas lang... thanks

meron ako nakita sa sulit.com.ph just browse for cheap laptops meron dun as low as 10K

hehe... everyone wants a mac... ewan ko ba... pero ako iba..

LENOVO... this was last year ha... di pa ako nagtingin ngayon...

LENOVO G series... matibay tibay kahit papano... ok pa for applications na gamit ko sa work... pang program...

If not lenovo second choice would be DEL Vostro... ayun...

.....piece of advice......in buying a laptop, the specifications comes first, second the retail price and the last is the brand......

for example, a core 2 duo 4GB RAM 500Gb Harddisk with Windows 7 pre-installed of Toshiba and Dell is equal to the price of core 2 duo 2GB 320GB with Windows 7 for Sony Vaio and IBM or with windows Mac for Apple. so in short, naka Apple ka nga or Sony tingnan mo naman ang specs..... ;D

lenovo - my laptop
acer - my netbook

clevo. never heard of it but the insides of those $4,000 and up gaming rigs are from clevo. yup, gaming laptops from falcon northwest, alienware and voodoo used to be made by clevo... di ko sure na lang ngayon kasi nabili ng dell ang alienware at HP ang voodoo..

Clevo D900F Specs
- 17" WUXGA "Glare Type" Super Clear Ultra Bright Glossy Screen (1920x1200)
- Intel® Core™ i7-980X Extreme Edition (3.33-3.60GHz) 12MB Intel® Smart Cache - 6 Cores/12Threads
- nVidia GeForce GTX 285M 1,024MB PCI-Express GDDR3 DX10 (User Upgradeable)
- ViDock2 w/ATI HD4670 512MB DDR3 Upgradeable External Express Card Graphics Card (Controls Dual External Displays)
- 12,288MB DDR3 1333MHz Memory (3 SODIMMS) (w/ i7 975/980 CPU Only)
- 6X Blue-Ray Burner/Reader / 8X DVDRW Super Multi Combo Drive
- HDD1: 160GB Intel X25-M Solid State Drive (SSD2 Serial-ATA II), HDD2: 640GB 5400RPM (Serial-ATA II 300 8MB Cache), HDD3: 640GB 5400RPM (Serial-ATA II 300 - 8MB Cache)~
- Internal 7-in-1 Card Reader (MS/MS Pro/MS Duo/MS Pro Duo/SD/Mini-SD/MMC/RS)
- Internal Bluetooth + EDR
- Intel® Ultimate-N 6300 - 802.11A/B/G/N Wireless LAN Module
- Integrated Digital Video Camera
- External USB ATSC HDTV / Analog TV Tuner with EXPRESS CARD REMOTE (TVT-6010)
- Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xmod Wired/Wireless Sound Card System (Broadcast Xtreme Fidelity Audio from PC to other audio devices wirelessly)
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Installed (64&32-Bit CD Included) w/ Drivers & Utilities CD's

Quote from: darkstar13 on April 09, 2010, 09:39:13 PM
Quote from: pinoybrusko on February 22, 2010, 12:02:50 PM
.....piece of advice......in buying a laptop, the specifications comes first, second the retail price and the last is the brand......

for example, a core 2 duo 4GB RAM 500Gb Harddisk with Windows 7 pre-installed of Toshiba and Dell is equal to the price of core 2 duo 2GB 320GB with Windows 7 for Sony Vaio and IBM or with windows Mac for Apple. so in short, naka Apple ka nga or Sony tingnan mo naman ang specs..... ;D

agree. specs are much more important than brand, HOWEVER, customer support that the company provides is also important.
however, for me, the first thing you should decide on is the purpose of buying one. it maybe a good feeling to have saved bucks for
having a good deal on high end specs, but if you have no need for those, it becomes a useless investment (i.e. if you want a laptop for surfing, watching movies and stuff only, why buy core i7? ).

ur ryt..... 8) aanhin ang mamahalin....masabi lng sikat ung model ng laptop....in short   pabida.....hahahaha.....specs talaga dapat tinitignan muna...

....I observe nagmumura na mga laptops ngaun when it comes to the same specs a month or two months ago...bagsak presyo sometimes close to 50% discount.....yun ang bad trip sa ganito malalaman mo na lang after a month or two mas mura na yung nabili mo..... :'(

ako i dont agree sa specs muna.
you can always get something out there that can meet the specs you need... but you always have to consider the "durability" and the after sales support which i think is more crucial. maganda nga at swak sa specs kung after 5 months, bumibigay na.. eh parang balewala na rin.

Quote from: pinoybrusko on April 10, 2010, 12:20:03 PM
....I observe nagmumura na mga laptops ngaun when it comes to the same specs a month or two months ago...bagsak presyo sometimes close to 50% discount.....yun ang bad trip sa ganito malalaman mo na lang after a month or two mas mura na yung nabili mo..... :'(

kasi may bagong labas na. that is to give way to their new products. ang lifespan na ngayon ng mga gadgets, in terms of their specs ay 16 months. after that, sure na may kapalit na.

Quote from: angelo on April 11, 2010, 08:04:11 AM
ako i dont agree sa specs muna.
you can always get something out there that can meet the specs you need... but you always have to consider the "durability" and the after sales support which i think is more crucial. maganda nga at swak sa specs kung after 5 months, bumibigay na.. eh parang balewala na rin.

.....can you name what are those type/brand of laptops na bibigay din after 5 months? para na din maiwasan bilhin ng mga nagfoforum dito...thanks....

Quote from: darkstar13 on April 27, 2010, 06:22:43 AM
Hi pinoybrusko, see this link:
http://lifehacker.com/5524704/laptop+reliability-study-highlights-the-most-sturdy-laptop-makers

....thanks darkstar.....wow ang asus pala mas sturdier followed by Toshiba and Sony......HP ang pinakamataas ang malfunction rate ganun din ang Acer kaya pala mura no?

in addition with asus greatness... nag-try ang acer dati to be subcontractor for asus... di nakapasa ang acer dahil nasa within 99% ang yield requirement ng asus... sa acer pa ko nag-trabaho noon when we got the news... funny thing - toshiba, IBM and fujitsu are made by acer... pero that's a decade ago :)

Quote from: hiei on April 27, 2010, 01:41:06 PM
in addition with asus greatness... nag-try ang acer dati to be subcontractor for asus... di nakapasa ang acer dahil nasa within 99% ang yield requirement ng asus... sa acer pa ko nag-trabaho noon when we got the news... funny thing - toshiba, IBM and fujitsu are made by acer... pero that's a decade ago :)

....maybe they found out low quality ng acer? tama ba?

yun pinakamabilis na maphased-out na product ng isang brand ay yun ang pinakasulit nila na laptop sa product line. yun yung na learn ko when i got mine, in just a matter of 1 year, phased out na agad ang model ko tapos yung iba na mas matagal na di pa rin na phephased out.

para sa mga college students na gaya ko, para sa akin, mas suitable yung Acer. pansin ko kasi, gumaganda ang built nito. Mura na, ok pa ang specs. Kung sa ngayon lang ako bumili, I would choose Acer 4740G. Core i3 na may nVidia GT310m.

I'm currently a satisfied Asus laptop user :)

Almost 2 years ko na ginagamit without any major hardware failure :)