Hardgainer Problem

Started by DuanneJamis, August 02, 2014, 06:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi Guys! I'm 16 nga pala, 5'6" ang height and weighs 58 kgs. Problema ko lang, kahit gaano karami akong kumain, steady parin ang weight ko. Hindi naman ako buto't balat pero gusto ko pa sana na mas lumaki pa pero ang hirap talaga mag-dagdag ng timbang. :(

Huwag ka magworry kasi may mga tao talagang ganyan at bata ka pa naman., baka na sa genes nyo yan., may ibang tao sa mga 20s na magshoot up ang weight after makagraduate ng college.,

Siguro nga sa Genetics kasi wala talagang matataba sa both sides ng parents ko.

Quote from: DuanneJamis on August 02, 2014, 03:33:25 PM
I have been doing Body weights and Calisthenics since May. I have noticed gains in strength and endurance but I seem to have trouble gaining mass and size.
I weigh 48 kgs last January at present I am currently around 58 kgs.
I work-out religiously and to tell you honestly I am getting addicted about fitness.
I also watch what I eat now - No more Junk Foods and Fast Foods. As I have mentioned before, I have trouble gaining size and mass even though I eat ALOT everyday. I am not sure about the caloric levels of these food items but a typical day for me goes like this:

Morning: 5-6 big pandesals with either peanut butter or Fried eggs for "palaman" and Coffee
Mid Morning Snack: Champurado 1 bowl 1 piece of fruit. (banana or a slice of papaya ~ 150 gms)
Lunch: around 3-4 cups of rice with ulam (varied ulam)
Midafternoon snack: Monay 6 pieces or P15 worth of Binatog ( alot of binatog)
Dinner: 3-4 cups of rice and varied ulam.

Do I need to still eat more in order to notice any gains in size and Mass? Na stuck na ata ako sa 57-58kgs :(

Sorry, but I'll answer this publicly for the benefit of others.

First impression:
There is too much empty calories and not much mention on nutritious food. Your growth will be hampered.

Daming carbs ng diet mo ah, Recipe for diabetes yan pag tanda mo. Reduce your rice intake to 3-4 cups per day. I advise decreasing your fast carb intake (pandesal, rice, binatog) and increase your fiber intake (gulay, gulay, fruits).

Ang taas rin masyado ng fat intake mo with fried egg and peanut butter. Bibigat ka nga pero puro fat ang madadagdagan sa iyo = insulin resistance = diabetes. At recipe for heart attack and high fat intake.

Increase your protein intake instead. Konti lang mention mo kung gaano karaming proteins kinakain mo.

Quote from: DuanneJamis on August 02, 2014, 03:33:25 PM
Do I need to still eat more in order to notice any gains in size and Mass? Na stuck na ata ako sa 57-58kgs :(

Quality Calories pre.  Eat more of the highly nutritious food ( green leafy vegetables, bright colored fruits and vegetables, Fish, Lean meat). Kung walang vitamins ang kinakain mo, hinde ka maggagain.
Kahit kumain ka ng 10 cups of rice per day, kung walang proteins yan. Hinde ka magagain ng muscle ng mabilis.

You don't even have to eat much to gain a lot of calories.
<This is a bad example but illustrates the point>
3 cups of rice  = 600 kcal  <busog ka dito di ba?>
3 krispy kreme original glazed donut = 600 kcal of diabetes
1 big mac = 850 kcal of heart attacks
1 Venti Starbucks Strawberries and Cream Frap with Whip Cream = 600 kcal <hinde mo mararamdaman to> of diabetes
1 Starbucks Sticky Cinnamon Roll - 750 kcal  of diabetes
2 pcs large mary grace ensaymada = 900kcal of diabetes and heart attack
1 Slice of Sbarro Deep Dish Pizza = 700kcal mamamatay ka na lang ng stroke at heart attack

Try
Breakfast:
Protein + Fat + Fiber + Vitamins = Tortang talong
OR
Protein = Daing na bangus
Fiber Carb = Salsa (Tomato, Onion, Cilantro)
Milk (Or Soy milk) instead of Coffee

Mid Morning snack = 2 pcs of banana OR Orange OR pineapple, apple

Lunch
Protein = Bangus or any fish or Meat (I love stuffed ensaladang bangus)
Carb = 1 to 1.5 cups of Rice OR 2 slices of bread (preferrably wheat)
Fiber Carb = Sauteed Kangkong, Chopsuey (kung brave ka, ampalaya dish)

Mid afternoon snack = Carrot sticks, celery sticks, High Fiber Cracker

Dinner = Lean meat dish (Grilled Chicken)
Carb = 1 to 1.5 cups of Rice
Fiber Carb = Green Leafy Vegetables or Pinakbet
1 Glass of Milk

Basta Remember :
Proteins build your body and mass
Carbohydrates give energy and maintain muscle
Fiber keeps your digestive tract healthy
Vitamins help the body function and grow
Fat help you become insulated, maintains long term energy
Cholesterol are important for your hormones