saan makakabili ng murang blank disc at dvd cases?

Started by pinoypride2014, August 20, 2014, 01:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
cyberzone ng mga sm malls ka nalang maghanap, I'm sure meron dun

ah ok salamat anyway share ko na din dito yun binigay sakin na advice dun sa isang site kung paano pumili ng blank dvd disc na maganda ang quality.

You can still buy good media from CD-R King if you pick carefully. They used to carry Verbatim ones, which are the best discs that are locally available, but these disappeared a few years ago. I have extensive experience with DVD media, and the only ones that you should get are 1) Sony DVD+R 16x and 2) Benq DVD+R 8x. The rest are junk; even the branded ones like TDK or Imation are likely to be CMC MAG M03 discs which are terrible. Find a branch with the Sony discs (call them up first) and stick with that. I recently moved data from nearly 600 DVDs, the oldest of which were 8 years old, so I do know which particular media is reliable.

From what I recall, TDK and Imation 16x DVD+R are CMC MAG M03 which is a very bad kind of DVD recordable media. I'll explain this a bit. When you see a disc with a brand (TDK, Imation, Ritek, Verbatim, Sony, Benq, etc.) it does NOT always mean that the manufacturer made those discs. For example, TDK and Imation do not make their own discs, they buy them from optical media manufacturers. Others like Sony and Verbatim make their own. The only way to know the "real identity" of rebranded discs (TDK, Imation, etc.) is to read the media identification code (MID) which is like an ID that's recorded in blank DVDs. For example:

Brand/speed/type of disc ---->MID
Verbatim 16x DVD+R -------> MCC 004
Sony 16x DVD+R ------------> Sony D21
Imation 16x DVD+R ---------> CMC MAG M03
Imation 16x DVD-R ---------> CMC MAG AM3

CMC MAG is the code of CMC Magnetics, the "M03" and "AM3" are the kinds of media. Unfortunately CMC MAG M03 is terrible media and AM3 is a bit better but still bad. MCC is Mitsubishi Chemicals Corporation, and MCC 004 is very good media.

The problem is that rebrands like Imation or TDK might change the kind of media they use so that Imation 16x DVD+R might not be CMC MAG M03 today (last I tested them was years ago).

you're welcome  :)

this thread will now be closed