What do you prefer?

Tailor-made
4 (80%)
Ready-made
1 (20%)
Rent
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

As a professional, what do you prefer in Suits? Please explain your reason.

Bespoke, because the tailor will create a pattern based on my body including all its nuances that are uniquely... me ;) then another perk of multiple fittings where the tailor will further fine tune the fit.

dapat naman talaga tailor made kasi iba-iba ang katawan... importante kasi tama ang haba at fit. hindi porke kumasya na lang, pwede na yun... kaya mahirap kung rtw. kelangan nag-iinvest ka rin in at least 1 then go for black para super safe...

you only wear black suit sa funeral... the ones worn sa formal affairs are tux which are structurally different from suits from having grosgrain or satin lapel and trouser stripe.
Can't go wrong with navy.

tailor made suits is very general it can either be made to measure which is based on pre-existing pattern where length and width can easily be altered. Or Bespoke which i previously mentioned a distinctive pattern will be made just for you. Btw the difference apart from the mechanics on creating the suit is the price. on average Made to Measure (MTM) averages $500.. while Bespoke suits averages in $6,000 range.

Wow... I didn't know that suit is different from tux. I thought they were the same. Thanks Hiei for the info... So should I change the topic title to "Usapang Tux"? LOL

It is really worthy to invest a suit for a tropical country and you can only use it during a special occasion?

maykel,

It is really worthy to invest a suit for a tropical country and you can only use it during a special occasion?
- assuming that a suit is not mandatory business attire to one's workplace, my 2 cents is yes. being in a tropical country is not an excuse for not having a suit just because there are tons of lighter weight fabric to choose from like linen, cotton or even lightweight wool which sometimes i find cooler than some cotton suits. you can also opt to no lining at all for the sake of breathability.
it's more of preference when it comes to wearability mileage or can only be used on certain occasion. as an ensemble yes you might end up using it once or twice a year but pretty sure you'll be one of the dapper guest to that event. though you can squeeze in more mileage to a suit by using the jacket as an orphaned suit/blazer with jeans or chinos to a more casual environment. even the trousers esp the cut is more contemporary like slimmer or even highwater, it can easily be paired from brouges to runners.
here's a sample, wearing my slim highwater wool trouser from a suit with sneakers :)

from brogues

to sneakers

and even hightops

and here's the suit...

Quote from: hiei on January 09, 2015, 07:23:19 AM
you only wear black suit sa funeral... the ones worn sa formal affairs are tux which are structurally different from suits from having grosgrain or satin lapel and trouser stripe.
Can't go wrong with navy.

tailor made suits is very general it can either be made to measure which is based on pre-existing pattern where length and width can easily be altered. Or Bespoke which i previously mentioned a distinctive pattern will be made just for you. Btw the difference apart from the mechanics on creating the suit is the price. on average Made to Measure (MTM) averages $500.. while Bespoke suits averages in $6,000 range.

very informative. business attire lang naman.

depende na rin sa financial constraints natin. tailoring is the best, no question about that. the type of fabric, the fit, the length, etc., you control. especially when you go to reputable tailoring shops. just google them, andami na dito sa pinas. I can't recommend any shop, but go to kamuning when in metro manila. marami daw dun. ang problema dito sa pinas, expect no less than 5 digits for a well-made, very good looking and best-fitting tailored suit from a recommended shop. aruuuuy. though they've said na we should invest in at least one of these.

pag budget-conscious naman, you can always go for ready-made. pag sinuswerte, yung body type mo, size mo, meron na agad na fit na fit for you, so you've spent less than tailored suits. pag wala, like your size is in between, patay na. baka ill-fitting yung suit sayo, magmukha naman sloppy kesa maging dapper yung look.

OT: sir hiei, any chance you're also a PWC member? the pics you've posted, it reminded me of the same in a style thread in that forum.

vielissimo,
oo tol, dumadaan rin ako ng PWC :)

Wow.. nice.. Dami kong natutunan kay Hiei.. Thanks for the advice. :)

Oo nga daw vielissimo, dami nga daw dun sa kamuning. Yun din ang sabi nung office mate ko, mag invest nga daw sa best suit.