IS PHILIPPINES ready for POSITIVE CHANGE under DUTERTE's admin?

Started by markie27, May 13, 2016, 02:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
^
My philo prof once said that for you to argue effectively, you must understand why your opponent is coming up with a different conclusion given the same set of facts. Or least uncover the facts he has so you can understand why his logic [or illogic] is such. I was hoping to understand your position on this matter so I can give better and more directed arguments back. So I started to ask a question.

Unfortunately, this was met by a response that made me even more confused. Your response, as I interpreted it, is veiled in sarcasm and begs a lot of questions:  Did I make a mistake in making assumptions and initiating a conversation with you?  Am I having a conversation with the wrong person? Are you just deflecting or evading the question?

But you don't turn away your kid for asking you basic questions, do you? Especially those questions whose answers may seem so obvious that you no longer reflect why you even believe in such. Like, why do you like Ginebra so much? Do you answer back in apologetic laughter and say "I don't even know why that question exists?" Or how about why are you so positive about alleged/proven drug users being gunned down by the police and vigilantes? Do you answer back, also in apologetic laughter and say "I don't even know why that question exists?"

I was hoping to get inside your brain and even wished you somehow noticed I italicized the word illegal because I want to know your knowledge on the history of drugs, not just in the Philippines but also globally.

To quote Carl Sagan, "But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question."

But in any case.

The.
most.
disappointing.
response.
yet.
in.
this.
forum.

so just to circle back to  the original question of the thread: Is the Philippines ready for positive change under Duterte's admin? When even his supporters don't want to engage in an intellectual conversation so that their positions can be understood and challenged,  the answer is unequivocally no.

First of all, I'm not arguing with anyone here and I am NOT required to answer every questions here in the forum.
I'm just stating my opinion, and if you have a problem with my opinion then wala na siguro akong magagawa dun.
Hindi naman kita/kayo pinipilit na paniwalaan yung sinasabi ko.

"The.
most.
disappointing.
response.
yet.
in.
this.
forum."

Ok. :) Hooray sayo. Your parents must be really proud of your very intellectual response/statements.

And who the fork is Carl Sagan? 0_o
Kung sino man sya, he must be really proud of you. :)

Quote from: bokalto on October 30, 2017, 09:20:42 AM
First of all, I'm not arguing with anyone here and I am NOT required to answer every questions here in the forum.
I'm just stating my opinion, and if you have a problem with my opinion then wala na siguro akong magagawa dun.
Hindi naman kita/kayo pinipilit na paniwalaan yung sinasabi ko.

"The.
most.
disappointing.
response.
yet.
in.
this.
forum."

Ok. :) Hooray sayo. Your parents must be really proud of your very intellectual response/statements.

And who the fork is Carl Sagan? 0_o
Kung sino man sya, he must be really proud of you. :)

At dahil hindi na sya chill. Imma stop now.

But looking at the current state of the economy and society. Still a no.

Kung gusto natin ng mabilisang paglilinis sa Pilipinas, I think ang solusyon dyan ay Civil War.