Should you pursue something you love or a degree that will get you a job?

Started by jeppee santos, May 27, 2016, 11:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
This is my dilemma 8 years ago and Im happy that I choose to do my passion(Art) over engineering.
Share your thoughts if you know someone in your family or if you experience it personally.

Cheers and Happy Friday everyone!

Quote from: jeppee santos on May 27, 2016, 11:27:48 AM
This is my dilemma 8 years ago and Im happy that I choose to do my passion(Art) over engineering.
Share your thoughts if you know someone in your family or if you experience it personally.

Cheers and Happy Friday everyone!

Well this is a tough question. For those who can afford to pursue their passion without having to worry if they can finance their necessities, GO for it. :) Unfortunately, for US who can't do that.. Para paraan nalang hehe.
Nice to know that you're happy with the route that you took Sir. Best of luck!  ;)

A girl here,

College palang ako and naiisip ko narin yung mga ganyang bagay. Any advise their?

And gusto kong magfreelance :)

Quote from: napolespaloma on October 27, 2016, 06:27:06 PM
A girl here,

College palang ako and naiisip ko narin yung mga ganyang bagay. Any advise their?

And gusto kong magfreelance :)

Kaya mo yan. Sali ka lang sa mga groups sa Facebook and create connections.

Ako I would pursue the things I loved. If you are happy with your work or with your job, there's a likelihood of being successful in the future. And eventually money will follow

Should you pursue something you love or a degree that will get you a job?

hmmm... it depends on your motivation.

most of us are motivated by money, so it makes sense to go to a path where you can earn good/better money (than a passion). which is usually what you studied for or what you started you career with. and people eventually love what they do, in return, they get salary increases or promotions. more money.

but there are also some who really like to pursue their passion/s. i read (or saw somewhere) that you don't need much to survive. as long as you earn enough for you to survive (note: survive. not live from paycheck to paycheck), you'll be okay. you're doing what you love, and you're earning money from it. best combination. but remember that a passion is something that you're already doing or is already in you. if you have to "find" your passion, you're not passionate about it after all.

my 2c:

you will only know if you love something if you have suffered enough to get it. else, you just like the idea of loving it

Quote from: Lord Vee on December 28, 2017, 11:28:33 PM
Luckily for me, my passion lands me to the job I love.
What's your job and passion? Na curious tuloy ako hehehe

Sent from my SM-G935F using Pinoy Guy Guide mobile app

I really wanted to be a pilot however my mother told me that I can't be one because I do not speak the English very well. Palakol ang usual grades ko. Now that I graduated with honors. Napapaisip ako of I need to take it and go back.

Quote from: miggymontenegro on March 26, 2018, 09:35:58 PM
I really wanted to be a pilot however my mother told me that I can't be one because I do not speak the English very well. Palakol ang usual grades ko. Now that I graduated with honors. Napapaisip ako of I need to take it and go back.
Always wanted to become a pilot too. Kaso mahiluhin ako sa g forces. Hehe

Sent from my SM-G935F using Pinoy Guy Guide mobile app

i know some people who first pursued a degree that could land them a job immediately just because they can't afford to pay for the degree they love at first. Pero eventually they went on for their dreams in the end. they saved up for what they really want and then went all out for it. a testament that it's never too late to really pursue what you really what. fuck timelines.

Degree to get a job.

You can always go back to your passion anytime. Anywhere but a degree is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Degree muna then pursue passion

Quote from: ChefDoc on June 30, 2020, 12:00:32 AM
Degree to get a job.

You can always go back to your passion anytime. Anywhere but a degree is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Degree muna then pursue passion

Basta May matapos hehe