Invited By Mom For Girl's Birthday. What To Bring?

Started by crescentwish10, May 19, 2017, 09:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi Guys,

I'm new here and I really need a legit opinion.

Yung girl (let's call her Lady) that I am interested with (we're not really dating but I am kinda courting her and she knows how I feel) is magbibirthday on May 27th. Now, last Saturday, her sister sent me a private message on Facebook telling me to go to their house sa birthday mismo ni Lady WITHOUT Lady's knowledge. Sort of like a surprise I guess. And alam ito ng mother nila, mother mismo ang nagsabi na sige punta ako sa 27th sa house nila.

I've never met the family before except her sister kasi kasama namin siya nag double date ni Lady before. Kaya nakakausap ko sa Facebook si sister

And here's my question, since it is Lady's birthday, ofcourse I'm gonna be bringing a cake and my gift. Balloons/flowers are optional for her.

BUT shall I bring the following:

1) Wine or liquor for dad? (I am yet to confirm sa sister ni Lady if her dad, or any in the family drinks.)
2) Shall I bring flower for the mother? I understand that it is a good gesture kasi.

The reason why I am torn if I have to bring something for the parent is this isn't a "Meet the Parents" situation dahil we're in a relationship, No. Di ko pa naman girlfriend yung girl, I was invited kasi may event, birthday ni Lady. And uuwi nga pala yung isa pang sister ni Lady from Dubai so Birthday + Reunion with sister ang event. Ako lang ang outsider dun.

Not trying to be a cheapskate here, just want to make a good impression pero kasi I might overdo it if magdala ako for the parents.

Thoughts? Thank you so much! :)

crescentwish10 - welcome to PGG! Cake should be enough. A big one for the whole family. But if you want to go the extra mile, I like the wine idea- for everyone na din kasi yun.

Flowers for the mom is kinda weird to me. (just my opinion) Lalo na't tapos na ang mother's day. And also, birthday nung girl so dapat sa kanya ang focus hindi sa mom. :)

Curious question: how did you get invited? May crush sayo yung girl tapos ininvite ka ng family nya? hehe.

Hi Chris - first, thank you so much for the welcome and for the response! :)

Oh yeah, haven't thought of cake size. Was gonna purchase one from Purple Oven kaso maliliit yung cakes dun haha okay, I'll reconsider my options sa cake. Sa wine, mejo religious kasi yung family so I'm not sure ano stand nila sa wines or liquors but I'll ask the sister.

Sa flower, hmm yeah sige wag na sa mom, after all tapos na nga naman ang Mother's Day and baka di sila sanay sa ganung gesture. Anyway, I might not give Lady flowers too, dati pa niya sinasabi sakin hinding hindi siya mahilig sa ganun hehe. Cake plus my personal gift will do I guess.

Hmm, Lady and I went out last January kasama sister nya at bf ni sis. Dun ako nakilala nung sister.
Then there was a time na nag-PM ako sa facebook ng sister nya to ask for a favor (kasi may sakit si Lady nun and I had to give her fruits via her sister). Nung time na nagkausap kami sa FB for the first time ng sister nya, she asked if I like her sis, if nanliligaw ako, etc. Things like those. Tapos she suggested na sa birthday ni Lady, pumunta ako sa bahay nila. I brushed off the idea initially kasi di pa naman kami officially dating ni Lady. Then ayun, last Saturday her sister told me na alam na ng mother niya yung tungkol sa akin and pinapapunta ako sa birthday mismo. Ganun ka biglaan lang.

crescentwish10 - that's nice! mukhang malaki chances mo sa girl kasi mukhang gusto ka rin ng family nya. Keep it up!

As for the cake - OK dun sa Purple Oven. I personally like the Chocolate Camp Fire (sarap)! Malaki yun. You may also want Conti's Mango Bravo - Large kaso mabilis mag melt so dapat within 2 hours after mo mabili maibigay mo na.

Flowers? It depends. As for me, I'm a strong advocate of giving flowers to girls and I advice them to do so, para clear ang intention na nanliligaw ka at para hindi ka ma friendzone. How about a single red rose? Not necessarily bouquet. Pero up to you kung ano diskarte mo. If not, how about chocolates?

Hehe sana nga may chances. Praying for the best! She once threatened me against going sa bahay nila eh hahaha.

Anyway, glad to know na gusto niyo yung Chocolate Camp fire. That's what I was planning to get eh. And since malaki naman pala, ayos yun. Di feasible yung Mango Bravo kasi ba-byahe pa ko from Manila to Laguna kaya go na ko sa Campfire. :)

Hmm. Well if you put it that way, mukhang okay nga magdala ng flowers atleast kita agad na nanliligaw ako pagdating ko sa house nila. Lady hates extravagance pero birthday naman eh hehe. Yeah, might get a plain bouquet for her siguro plus konting chocs na din.

Thanks bro!

@crescentwish10 - you're welcome! Let us know how it goes. good luck bro!

pwede magcomment hehehehehe?
This is not an advice though hindi lahat ng advice ay 100% suitable for you, it may work and it may not.

Regarding dun sa question mo sa gift?
Kuya, my first question is sino ang may occasion?  Ano ang occasion?
Yes, it can be seen this way na dapat ba may gift ka agad sa family members? Yes?
Which is which? To show a respect or to impress someone?
Karamihan sa mga friends ko na single, though married ako they don't want na minamadali ang lahat they want more to be one on one. Meaning sakin muna bago sila (well dapat naman ganun di ba?).

Get my heart first and I will walk with you and introduce you to my parents. :)
As a gift to the parents showing a big respect like mag-mano, open the door for them or have a conversation with them is a great way of saying you do pay respect to them and not through material things (hope you get what I'm trying to say) Right attitude is the best and pleasing way to a woman's heart.

Flowers are very romantic to woman (even sabihin ng ibang guys na baduy or gastos pa)
Pero sabi ko nga not all advice are 100% suitable for you, you will always be the one who's in-charge and will make the biggest decisions and steps to work 100%.

so TS: how did the date/birthday go? Update us! :)

cake is enough. wine is good.

but isang case ng beer bro approve ka sa guys na relatives. safe ka. hahaha