Debit Card or Credit Card

Started by bryanariate, February 13, 2017, 03:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Anong mas safe pantransact online? Debit card or credit card? Any other insights will be appreciated. TIA!

Quote from: bryanariate on February 13, 2017, 03:51:26 PM
Anong mas safe pantransact online? Debit card or credit card? Any other insights will be appreciated. TIA!

Never tried debit pa but been doing online transaction through credit for a while na. Okay lang naman sya. You just need to know all the security features of your card. Be cautious lang talaga. Make sure that the transaction is legit as well as the merchant youre doing transaction with.

gumamit ka nung may OTP(One time pin) parang sa BDO para safe, May nangyari sa akin dati hindi naman online transaction, ginamit ko sa Rover system yung debit card ko para bumili ng outdoor camera pero failed yung transaction kaso wala ako dalang cash kaya yung credit card ko nalang ginamit ko nung nabili ko na saka ko chineck yung online account ko binawasan pa rin ako sa debit card kahit pinakitang failed yung transaction, inabot pa ng 2 weeks bago nabalik sa account ko yung pera

I am using debit card. I think mas okay siya since ang credit card, para siyang utang. kapag debit card, pwede ka mag money transfer and gamitin for online purchasing.

go with credit, if online avail a prepaid mastercard, meron nito ang bpi, and citibank i guess (not sure), i have the bpi eprepaid and it worked well with paypal

I guess the advantage of debit card is the limitation. It can be use kapag di available ang cash on delivery. On the other hand, most of credit card tlga may perks and kapag madalas mo ginagamit, mas tataas credit limit mo.

Actually, it doesn't matter if you gonna use credit or debit card in an online transaction or in any transactions. Both has advantages and disadvantages. But if you are worrying about credit card information hacking, you better use prepaid mastercard. Just deposit an exact amount to the prepaid card right before you proceed with every transaction. This will prevent you from having an enormous purchases from hackers. Most importantly you should also double check every online transactions you will execute and make sure that the website is legit.