Investing in Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrencies

Started by Chris, July 28, 2017, 07:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Has anyone ever invested in Bitcoin and other Crypto currencies? How was your experience?

Quote from: Chris on July 28, 2017, 07:45:09 PM
Has anyone ever invested in Bitcoin and other Crypto currencies? How was your experience?

Kuya Chris, tagal ko na rin itong nababasa. Though I don't know hot it works thoroughly.

Gagaga ng blog abou this? I wanna know, Kuya.

naging interested ako nung nababasa ko sya sa mga forums. Susubukan ko sana pero mahal ang puhunan (mining) :(

jelo kid - I'm not sure kung legit but I have a friend who said that you can buy bitcoins at coins.ph

please don't take my word for it because I haven't tried it either. Anyone who has tried it?

I have seen video instructions how to get started by one of the tech blogger/vlogger I've been following for years now so I know it is legit. Really wanted to try it out pero kailangan high specs ang pc/laptop mo. So di ko na tinry.. 😂

Quote from: Chris on September 11, 2017, 08:39:16 PM
emersonf15 - balitaan mo ko pag natry mo.

Yes Sir! Pag nasubukan ko na update ko kayong lahat 😊

I use coins.ph sir to buy bitcoins. Also use it for bills payment at sideline na rin na loading. heheh so far ok naman, legit.

Recently started with crypto currency trading.

As far as I know, there are 2 ways to invest in them. First one would be to "mine" them. This requires high-end (very expensive) setups called rigs. Then you would need the software / app / program to actually perform the mining or you could join mining pools. Usually people factor in electric bills (computers running 24/7, air-conditioning) too to determine whether they're going to profit or not.

The second one, which I'm doing right now, is to simply trade them like how one would in stock markets - buying low and selling high. Sa coins.ph pwede nga yung BitCoin. But if you want to trade other crypto currencies, you'll have to look elsewhere (I'm using trade.com). Be warned that this is highly volatile (high risk - high reward) and 24/7 ang trading niya. Very susceptible rin siya sa price actions based on news. Last Friday BitCoin was trading at around 4700 USD, ngayon nasa 3900 USD nalang siya.

Quote from: aeonfenrir on September 14, 2017, 08:01:08 AM
Recently started with crypto currency trading.

As far as I know, there are 2 ways to invest in them. First one would be to "mine" them. This requires high-end (very expensive) setups called rigs. Then you would need the software / app / program to actually perform the mining or you could join mining pools. Usually people factor in electric bills (computers running 24/7, air-conditioning) too to determine whether they're going to profit or not.

The second one, which I'm doing right now, is to simply trade them like how one would in stock markets - buying low and selling high. Sa coins.ph pwede nga yung BitCoin. But if you want to trade other crypto currencies, you'll have to look elsewhere (I'm using trade.com). Be warned that this is highly volatile (high risk - high reward) and 24/7 ang trading niya. Very susceptible rin siya sa price actions based on news. Last Friday BitCoin was trading at around 4700 USD, ngayon nasa 3900 USD nalang siya.

can confirm. I worked as a trader for a private fund in 2012-2014. We traded bitcoin 1Q2013 in Mt. Gox (yes, that Mt. Gox), buying and selling like other securities. The platform was very simple. We're supposed to do mining but the revenue is waaaaay low relative to the cost of the hardware. Not sure about the market now though.

I want to bring this topic once again. For the past few months, cryptocurrencies are really off the charts and making waves in the market. It's just that the system itself is volatile. Many companies who have their own currencies are making an investment to the people about these currency, that sometimes, it became a scam. If you want to invest something for your future, I think you should still go to traditional ones, like stock market, insurance, etc. If you only have extra money that you can spare and willing to throw it like it's already gone, then invest it to cryptocurrencies.

Yeah it's kinda scary kasi unregulated nga. But my friend has made a lot of money in Bitcoin.