What else can we add on PGG?

Started by Chris, September 20, 2017, 06:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Apart from the blog (www.pinoyguyguide.com) and the forums (www.pinoyguyguide.com/forums), what else do you think we need to add here on PGG? :)

Add more love. I feel this place has been cold, especially to me.  However, that is just my wishful thinking. I cannot force people to like, understand , befriend or love me. Sorry for saying it out here.

The forum and the blog as they are, are really good. A great way to express ourselves. Siguro what's lacking is the number of online participants now. Pansinin nyo, tuwing nagkakasabay-sabay na online tayo, okay naman. The discussions become lively again.
So it's really not the blog/forum, it's the members. Baka masyado lang busy yung iba, as we all are sometimes.
Just my two cents.

Hi Chris,

May suggestion akong subcategory ng Family life - parenthood. Daddyisms. Mga tips and tricks, etc. I know you'll need this. I still do at sobrang laking tulong ng forums. I frequent mom forums kapag may nangyayari na nawiwirduhan ako not just with ny kid but with my wife also, you know post partum depression, hormones, more hormones and fraking more and more hormones. Idk, what do you think?

^den0saur - I like that idea. Parang fatherhood and parenting. I'll probably add it soon. thanks for the suggestion. :)

i like how this forum serves as a safe space for guys in expressing themselves either anonymously or not.

given that premise, i strongly believe that pgg should have a topic/thread (not even a separate category) that addresses lgbtqi+ concerns -- that could also serve as a safe space for people who identify differently that straight men. or a support system, perhaps. for some that look for it anonymously online since they can't find it at home, school, or workplace.

the "pinoy guy" is evolving. same goes with the lgbtqi+ landscape in the philippines. for all we know, and just for example, there might be a transman here trying to get information, say, about where to find clothes that fit him. or someone gay trying to find the best running shoes or whatever. or a lesbian couple trying looking for ways to adopt a kid. or maybe someone who would like to share about his experience as the only gay person in an all-straight male workplace. Etcetera.

welcome to 2017, everyone.

i know that this may be a long shot, but i think someone has to say it. i also feel that this may irk some people (and i don't care), but like what pgg wants to promote (i think), every one is entitled to their own opinion... and it's up to the individual to accept it or not.

Hi mangkulas. I think what you're saying is actually already being done here. Hindi nga lang sinasabi upfront sa thread na "hey, this is an lgbtqi+ topic...." Wala naman akong nakita na may mga members na nagalit just because bakla o tomboy yung isa.

Quotegiven that premise, i strongly believe that pgg should have a topic/thread (not even a separate category) that addresses lgbtqi+ concerns -- that could also serve as a safe space for people who identify differently that straight men. or a support system, perhaps. for some that look for it anonymously online since they can't find it at home, school, or workplace.

Should there be lgbtqi+ related concerns, I think tatanggapin naman yan ng readers (?) especially if the topic is explained well and of course in good light. Ano ba yung mga topics na yun? Ako, as long as it will not offend anyone at hindi nakakabastos, walang problema sa akin.

Quotethe "pinoy guy" is evolving. same goes with the lgbtqi+ landscape in the philippines. for all we know, and just for example, there might be a transman here trying to get information, say, about where to find clothes that fit him. or someone gay trying to find the best running shoes or whatever. or a lesbian couple trying looking for ways to adopt a kid. or maybe someone who would like to share about his experience as the only gay person in an all-straight male workplace. Etcetera.

I read somewhere here of a member who admitted he is gay. Parang wala namang naging problema kasi okay naman syang makisama sa ibang members. So again, as long as hindi nakakasakit ng iba, by all means, share your stories and your queries. Tingin ko nga there are topics here that are very general na it will apply to everyone regardless of their gender and preferences.

Now if you want the lgbtqi+ PGGf members here to identify themselves and their posts as lgbtqi+ baka naman lalong maging divisive? Lalong nagkaroon ng label?

Ako lang to ha. Just my own opinion. I'd gladly talk to anyone here kahit ano pang gender basta hindi sya magko-cause ng awkwardness to both of us, mag-uusap kami as individuals at walang kahit sino sa aming dalawa ang gagawa ng dahilan para magalit ang kahit sino sa amin. I am surrounded by lgbtqs everyday, at wala namang problema so far. Respeto lang.

Again, sariling opinyon ko lang naman ito. Peace, mangkulas. :)

yeah, your statements make sense. thanks! and i agree that labelling would promote more divisiveness.

so what do we do with the thread labelled "Dating Women and Relationships"?

Quote from: den0saur on September 25, 2017, 04:52:34 PM
Respeto lang.

Again, sariling opinyon ko lang naman ito. Peace, mangkulas. :)

exactly my point.

Quoteso what do we do with the thread labelled "Dating Women and Relationships"?

Haha. Magiging "Dating and Relationships" na lang or "Dating Women, and Relationships" Depende sa magiging sagot ni Sir Chris. Cheers!

mangkulas - you've been a member of PGG for years and I really appreciate you for being here and for your genuine insights.

Let me try to explain this.

Each website on the internet has a "niche". A niche is the very specific set of topics and type of audience a website caters to.

Engadget - caters to gadget addicts.

Entrepreneur - caters to aspiring businessmen.

Cosmopolitan - caters to straight women

FHM - caters to straight men

TopGear - caters to men who love cars.

For LGBT - I'm not very familiar, but perhaps a quick Google search similar to what I did just now would bring you to something like lgbtchatdotnet or even PinoyExchange.

Now, as for Pinoy Guy Guide, the aim is to complement the audience of FHM (minus the sexy photos).

Just for the record, in the distant past we've been very welcoming of lgbt topics. However, it was severely abused. People made the forums a pick-up site - which is something I would not allow to happen. I've even heard people reporting to me members requesting them of d*ck pics.

I have real-life male friends here at the forums and I've even heard them say that some members are requesting them for nude pics. It has become too much.

Yes guys, it's 2017, but things have become abused and so I would like to align PGG back to its roots and intended niche.

There's a site that caters to every type of audience and while there are unavoidable "gray" areas and overlapping niches, PGG still strives to cater to straight men. Yes, LGBT may join and are very very much welcome, but LGBT topics are monitored and observed because that is not the target niche of PGG (plus it attracts pick-ups too - something that is prohibited whether straight or not). There are other sites for that which I'm sure would be a thousand times more helpful to LGBTs.

P.S. I'm sorry, I don't like labels too, but the question warrants for it. No offense meant to anyone. Peace guys!

sino kasi yung nag diagnose nung tite nung isang member dito na may problema sa private part niya, sinabihan siya na magpadala ng picture nung kwan niya para madiagnose, nagpadala naman yung mokong lol

I agree with mangkulas, but I respect what the admin says. Siguro naman may dahilan bakit nagawa iyon ng mga taong iyon, na hindi naman bastos, kahit na tila bastos sa unang tingin.  Sana natanong muna ang 2 panig para nabigyang linaw iyon. Ngunit sa huli, wala tayong kontrol sa iisipin ng mga nakamasid.