9th ray bill for our flag?

Started by david, September 26, 2009, 12:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Kailangan ba talaga ng isang ray pa sa Philippine flag?

Sana 8 na lang. Mindanao and Muslims are very well represented by the star so why change history?

yeba. please don't change / add 1 or more rays on our flag. let's just stick to what we have since.

i just don't get why in the world they need to change it. based on what i have learned during my primary years in school, those rays represent the provinces that first participated in the revolt against the spaniard occupants.

if and when they approve the bill to add one more ray in our flag, i will not be surpised that in the next few years, we'll have 10,15,24, rays.

what the.

I won't  mind at all. This additional ray is for our Muslim brothers who fought for freedom.
Correct me if I am wrong, our flag itself went through changes(design,color..etc).

Also, 8 rays represent ung unang mga bayan na nag-aklas against Spain pero naconvert pa rin into Christians ung mga tao.
Our Muslim brothers fought for what they believed in. That's why hanggang ngayon marami pa ring Muslim particularly in Mindanao.

Etong 8 bayan na naging simbolo ng 8 rays ng araw, kasama din sila sa 3 stars sa flag.
Bakit sila nilagay kasi me major role na ginampanan sa history ng ating bansa. We should not take for granted na maraming Muslim ang nagbuwis ng buhay to fight for our freedom. Lapu-lapu,Sultan Kudarat at maraming pang ibang mga kapatid nating Muslim.
Ano ba ang adding 1 more ray?
To show respect to our Muslim brothers.
To unite the people.
It will CHANGE the HISTORY because we will be united. Bilang Filipino regardless of our religion,color and status in life..
Time for change....for the better....
Just my take on it...
Opinion ko lang po!
PEACE OUT mga kapatid.. ;D

just blogged about this yesterday.

okay lang naman eh.

it's UNITY!
parang AKO MISMO
at yun pati gusto ni CORY AQUINO

it's a change for the good!

okay lang pero hindi maganda aesthetically kasi di na symmetrical yung rays. haha

Quote from: kim on September 26, 2009, 10:47:30 PM
okay lang pero hindi maganda aesthetically kasi di na symmetrical yung rays. haha

that's what I've been thinking too when I was making a blog entry about this.

Quote from: kim on September 26, 2009, 10:47:30 PM

haha nice catch! di nga maganda at mahirap i-draw (specially sa mga katulad kong di magaling sa symmetry).  ::)

why will they put another ray???!!! Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao are being represented by the 3 STARS???!! I don't get it..

Quote from: van on February 25, 2010, 02:06:29 PM
why will they put another ray???!!! Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao are being represented by the 3 STARS???!! I don't get it..

dude, additional ray for the sun.. currently the sun in our flag has eight rays

Quote from: Dumont on February 26, 2010, 07:41:24 AM

THAT'S EXACTLY MY POINT.
Why put a ray when they are represented by the star?
get it?

Quote from: van on March 02, 2010, 03:38:10 PM
Quote from: Dumont on February 26, 2010, 07:41:24 AM

THAT'S EXACTLY MY POINT.
Why put a ray when they are represented by the star?
get it?

I got you dude  ;) .. ang point lang nila siguro is yung dahilan for the additional ray but not to represent again the same reason  ;D

hey, i dont really know the reason behind the proposal to add another ray.

But if it is for Mindanao symbolizing our Muslim bretheren who are fighting for their freedom, then it can be a "valid" argument to be included - based on the premise that each ray represents a province that declared a state of war/revolution during the 1896 revolt.

confusion was drawn on the "maling akala" that they are going to use it to represent the so-called Muslim territories geographically. this is quite insane.

Quote from: angelo on March 02, 2010, 11:16:03 PM
hey, i dont really know the reason behind the proposal to add another ray.

But if it is for Mindanao symbolizing our Muslim bretheren who are fighting for their freedom, then it can be a "valid" argument to be included - based on the premise that each ray represents a province that declared a state of war/revolution during the 1896 revolt.

confusion was drawn on the "maling akala" that they are going to use it to represent the so-called Muslim territories geographically. this is quite insane.

yep.. I totally agree Angelo...