May 6 pack abs ka ba?

Started by brian, September 19, 2008, 12:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
thanks for the nice read, i'll show it to my wife to explain it further, since she's a doctor and i'm an engineer :) but i would gladly appreciate if you can also explain it further rather than accepting excess protein> carbs> fat.... afaik protein is broken down to provide amino acids and seems impossible that protein be converted as carbs... kasi carbs naman regardless how fast or slow na ma-absorb sa bloodstream it will be glucose namn... i mean:
protein = amino acid
carbs = glucose
di ko maintindihan na maging excess protein = carbs, coz it's presumed it already entered our body and broken down to either amino acids for protein and glucose for carbs...
sensya na i tried reading the articles it's too technical for me dahil andaming new terms that i need to cross reference. btw ano palang tawag sa excess protein will be converted to carbs then eventually as fat. di ko nakita ang term para sa process na iyon.

my basic point regarding protein intake is it's hard to have excess protein basing from our eating behavior as filipinos. i'd bet none of us here can sustain eating more than 100grams of protein/day. worst we don't even realize that we are protein deficient or in non severe case is we're not able to reach the required intake esp kung nagbubuhat ka.... kaya i would safely say that it's least of my worries having excess protein.

as for the second post about the athlete's requirement, yes, i totally agree with it because we're talking about athletes who needs to be light, agile and able to sustain the energy. that's the reason why they require almost 60% of their daily caloric intake from carbs. but it will be different from weight lifters. the carb, protein and fat ratio will be different. protein will take the major share of the caloric intake. also, my amateur bodybuilder friend told me na iba ang strength training ng athletes than muscle development training ng weight lifters. i hope di ako lumalayo my point is iba ang sports athlete to bodybuilders.

i also agree with eating complex carbs is still needed even lifting weights because you need the energy to last in the gym. there are lots of times i'd tell my friends not to scrimp on complex carbs kasi madalas silang mapagod sa gym.

if i'll be going on a trail ride i shift my ratio from protein to carbs as the larger share para ma-sustain ko riding the bike for hours. pero kung mag-work-out you need protein to feed your muscle whose burned from training.

to wrap it up, our discussion started on:

1. protein supplements
- take protein supplements if you know that you can't reach your daily allowance... just like taking multivitamins kung kulang ka naman sa vitamins from the food you eat.
btw can you post what brand ng protein shake that has 400kcal? para maiwasan ng mga kasamahan natin dito coz that's really high cal. i'm interested rin sa nutrition label kung gaano kalaki ang protein content, fats and sodium.

2. formula for the protein intake
it depends on which school of thought you believe in. just like computing your cardio zone which has a couple formulas to get the BPM value. back to required protein intake it can be grams to kg or lbs then the individual's weight might be kg or lbs or instead of the dry weight it can just be the lean body mass which i think is more accurate representation of ones weight discounting BF.

3. excess protein to carbs
like i mentioned earlier i would highly appreciate if you can explain plainly or in lay man's terms without using that much of technical words. pero wag naman na "ang kailangan mo lang malaman ay nakakataba ang excess protein at nagiging carbs ang excess protein. " di naman nasa ganoong kababang kalidad ng pag-iisip ang mga tao dito. pero kulitin ko pa rin si wifey to review her biohem  ;D

pahabol na lang, kung anong sinasabi ko dito about protein, supplements, nutrition... halos parehas rin sa sinasabi ni wifey sa mga weight loss patients namin. we never had problems on excess protein kasi mapa-american, mexican or pinoy lamang ang carbs at fats esp sa mga 200 to 300 pounder patients. nung nag-shift sila sa weight loss program and been dedicated to their endeavor nag-loose sila ng weight and most importantly bumababa ang body fat percentage. the best result is we are able to control their diabetes, cholesterol levels...

i apologize if i wasted your time, but i thought you we're glad when you mentioned that there's one who asked critical questions. and i thought you can easily draw the answers because you're well versed about the subject. seeing the links and short description, i must be talking to mr. google instead of mr. kilo 1000... i don't expect replies but i will clarify things.

all you did was converting the serving weight from oz to grams.... what i'm talking about is the protein content for each food. you made the KFC original recipe drumstick as an example and its 2.1 oz = 59 grams.. correct that's the weight of 1 serving but not necessary how much protein you'll get out it... baka information overload ka na sa dami ng nabasa mo for thinking 1 serving = 2.1 oz = 59 grams is the same sa protein content in grams.
based from the label THE PROTEIN CONTENT IS 14 GRAMS PER SERVING check it if you find the time, it would certainly make your while. remember you even quoted yourself about the 1 gram protein ratio to 1 kg of the body weight.... ITS PROTEIN IN GRAMS NOT SERVING SIZE in grams
http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/kfc/original-recipe-chicken-drumstick

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 piece / 59g
Amount per Serving
Calories 140    Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 8g   12%
   Saturated Fat  2g   10%
Cholesterol 75mg   25%
Sodium 440mg   18%
Total Carbohydrate 4g   1%
   Dietary Fiber  0g   0%
   Sugars  0g
Protein 14g   28% --> this is what i'm talking about.... PROTEIN not SERVING SIZE
Vitamin A   0%
Vitamin C   0%
Calcium   0%
Iron   4%

i still don't see the word excess protein on your statement:

gluconeogenesis and amino acid catabolism. Some amino acids are glucogenic = converts to glucose. Some amino acids are ketogenic = converts to Acetly-CoA which converts to fat products like cholesterol and saturated fatty acids

don't sweat it out about the explanation, i found an article sa website na madalas ko rin bisitahin that explains it clearly and in layman's term. this has enlighten me about those terms you mentioned. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/pierce17.htm
to quote:
I became convinced through reading Mr. Starr's article that insulin was depositing carbohydrates into fat storage. Well, I was convinced way before that but it reinforced my belief. I too believed that there had to be some other way to manage a moderate blood glucose level. There had to be a way to do this in a stable manner. Mr. Starr recommended the metabolic pathway of gluconeogenesis in his article. When liver (hepatic) and muscle glycogen storage becomes depleted right before the body slips into ketosis the body converts amino acids into glucose. Our body does this to maintain steady blood glucose levels. This is the process known as gluconeogenesis. It is the making of glucose from a new source, in our case protein (1).

if you'll read deeper and not just getting words out of context the reason for gluconeogenesis is your body gets a new source of glucose which is from protein... why? it's not because of the excess of protein but the lack of carbohydrates. try reading the whole article the case why gluconeogenesis occured is because of the high protein diet with minimal carb intake that will cause the body to look for different source that can be converted to glucose.

if you're not sure about the protein supplement since you haven't tried them. its better not to comment about and disseminate false information like 400cal per serving. esp reading the labels since you already confuse yourself with the serving weight and the protein content.

just to help you out kung sinabing:
1 scoop / serving = 120 cal tama yan... pero kung 2 scoops ginagawa nila that's the time na double ang calories nun to 240cal... i don't think the FDA, if ever na US made protein ang sinasabi mo, will allow maligned nutritional label.

i'm throwing the towel because i know now where you're coming from.

whew.. napagod akong magbasa dun ah haha.. pero madami rin akong natutunan  ;)   thanks guys...
hmmmnn wait? "May 6 pack abs ka ba?" peace   ::)

ilang grams of protein per day ba dapat?

masama rin daw yung overdose haha, nakakasira daw ng liver ba or kidney?

baka kidney kasi naaalala ko lang sa urinalysis, pwede may lumabas dun na may protein yung ihi mo.

W A L A ! ! !

pero gusto ko magkaron, so i'll try.. goodluck saken  ;D

ako meron dti kaso nawala din nung tumaba ako pero may napanood ako its about abs implant ewan ko lng kung safe

Quote from: manz_eziekiel on May 16, 2010, 10:33:06 PM
ako meron dti kaso nawala din nung tumaba ako pero may napanood ako its about abs implant ewan ko lng kung safe

implant? baka ito yung sculpted abs?

grabe naman.... pati abs my implant na...
For me, d ko gusto ang implant na abs. Para ano pa?

Quote from: darkstar13 on May 19, 2010, 10:03:39 AM
Quote from: Chris on September 30, 2008, 12:12:10 AM
Worth ba kumuha ng personal trainer? Sino meron dito?

I have. I think its' worth it, though expensive.
PT gives added motivation, and you'd be forced to stick to your routine.
Yung PT ko, pinapaulit sa akin kapag mali ang pagkaka-execute ko ng exercise.
So, it also develops correct and proper weight training.
May spotter ka pa at taga-stretch after workout. =)

Mahal lang talaga, like
18 1-hour sessions, approx 15K, or
30 1-hour sessions, approx 24K.

Fitness to ah  :P (sorry OT)

abs implant also called Abdominal Augmentation Surgery

Hmm, aq I've been on a high fat/protein low carb diet which is the anabolic diet developed by Mouro Pascall [forgot the spelling]. Bale ung doctor na to eh body builder dati during his younger days.

So far nagwowork nmn xa sakin. I have observed increased in muscle mass na obvious na xa kaht nkadamit aq at nkaobserved dn aq ng decrease in body fat.

Quote from: Kilo 1000 on June 24, 2010, 06:12:39 PM
Quote from: marvinofthefaintsmile on June 24, 2010, 04:32:29 PM
Hmm, aq I've been on a high fat/protein low carb diet which is the anabolic diet developed by Mouro Pascall [forgot the spelling]. Bale ung doctor na to eh body builder dati during his younger days.

So far nagwowork nmn xa sakin. I have observed increased in muscle mass na obvious na xa kaht nkadamit aq at nkaobserved dn aq ng decrease in body fat.

keep drinking a lot of water. medyo taxing sa kidneys ang high protein low carb diet.

at tsaka pacheck ka ng cholesterol and lipid profile every year. medyo nakakapromote ng bad cholesterol ang fat + protein na marami. you don't want to die of heart attacks in the future.

Yup, ngpapa annual physical examination nmn aq. so far walang findings. Wala dn aqng nararamdamang weird...

Un nga lng pag kumakain aq ng mga carb rich food eh I feel full immediately kaht n konte p lng nkkkain q.. Ng cacarb up lng aq pag weekends only.. So meaning kumakain lng aq ng rice at lht ng starch/sugar rich food pag weekend..

wala. ayaw ko magkaron ng 6pack. masyadong muscular ang dating.