Questions on Protestantism...

Started by ctan, November 23, 2010, 11:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Sa Dati kong church is ndi ginugunita yun. The reason is Jesus is alive and His death should be remembered every day because it is the reason why we are saved. :)

But still we pay respect sa mga gumugunita nun.

ang pinagkaiba lang ata ay, naniniwala kaming buhay si Jesus at hindi siya namamatay tuwing mahal na araw.  ;D

lagi ko kasi naririnig sa iba , "uy mag-ingat kayo, patay ang dios ngayon."  ;D

There are different denominations of the Protestant movement. We trace back our roots to the Reformation period.

- Baptists
- Methodists
- Pentecostals
- Evangelicals
- Salvation Army
- Mennonites
- Puritans
- Anglicans
- Nazarenes
- Presbyterians
- Lutherans
- Episcopalians
- Adventists

Do Protestants observe Ash Wednesday?

Quote from: carpediem on March 09, 2011, 01:50:13 PM
Do Protestants observe Ash Wednesday?

I'm not sure but most of the Protestants don't commemorate Ash Wednesday.

I'm not sure pero I think the largest in the world is the baptist denomination.

Quote from: fox69 on March 09, 2011, 06:20:24 PM
another question : which among the denominations is the most conservative ?

hmm... conservative, in what way?

Quote from: fox69 on March 09, 2011, 06:29:34 PM
conservative in the sense that there are a lot of "bawal" like dress restrictions, etc

most protestant denominations ay may pagka-conserbatibo na flavor. wala talaga distinct na denomination. :-)

sa totoo niyan, though hindi lahat, merong mga denominations na nagsasabi sila yung tama so dapat sa kanila sumali ang mga tao. however, most of the protestant denominations agree to be one with the essential doctrines. and we also agree to disagree on minor church practices. :-) overall, if rivalry is the matter, i think wala namang ganun. there are just some denominations na sa tingin nila sila ang tama.

really? what church is that? what are your expectations?

Quote from: fox69 on March 09, 2011, 07:13:09 PM
thanks ctan..somebody invited me to a protestant church service this sunday  :P

go! masaya yan.
i have been invited as well (3x na) and they really help you in praying..

Lutherans have a liturgical way of worship. So halos same lang ng Roman Catholic yung proseso. :-)

isa rin kasi sa mga differences ng mga protestant denominations ay yung paraan ng worship service. for example, the lutherans, methodists, some baptists, presbyterians (?) have liturgies. others have spontaneous activities such as the pentecostals and the quakers. the rest just a typical worship service/program.
isa din sa differences is yung music na gamit. the contemporary denominations use a live band as accompaniment. liturgical worship uses a piano/keyboards for music.

go fox. I observe that Catholics ang may pinakasaradong pagiisip when it comes to religion  ;D

And so I learned not long ago that the Protestants and the Catholics do not have the exact same version of the Ten Commandments.