programming

Started by carpediem, January 10, 2011, 10:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
@kilo
Parang may narinig ako about that year 2003 din kwento ng teacher ko pero di ko alam kung siya yun.
Sobrang geek na yan, siguro walang tigil sa harap ng screen.
O di kaya eh combination ng magaling at masipag!

I also know some back in college.. Bale 2 sila, both nerdy din.. Yung the rest ng mga girls na mahilig magtsismisan at magdaldalan bout love eh nagsibagsakan nung graduation. nalapnos ang 3/4 ng buong ggraduate nun.. Mostly guys ang gumaradweyt and some ladies..

@Kilo: Hmm, is she still in the country? Siya ba yung may popular blog?

anyone here familiar with edmx?

guys pa-help ako!!  :P
Nadala ako sa problem ni carpediem .
Gusto ko kasi mag-generate ng website names.
Gusto ko lang malaman kung pano kunin yung permutation for ex:
goat
ogat
oagt
oatg
gaot
agot
etc..

May nakita akong codes pero hindi ko pero... alam ko nasa Discrete Math ito ~_~

array?

nasa isip ko kanina index.ahaha

kahit string results or array may do. I just really need to generate those names XD

lets wait for the expert, ahaha, carpediem, maykel and vortex :D

Hehe sobrang lapit na sa problem ko.

It's basically permutations without repetitions, which is n! or n * (n-1) * (n-2) .. * 1. In the example it's 4! = 24 ways.

One algorithm using iterative method is to have a loop for each position of the string that iterates through the choices. For the example we'll have 4 nested for loops. There should be checking within each loop that we don't use the same character already being used by any of the outer loops in the current iteration.

Try it out first.

Another algo is using a recursive method...

^ Is it normal that my brain is like freezing lol..

Quote from: eLgimiker0 on June 29, 2011, 12:28:28 AM
carpe, im more on SAD, dBase system. hingi sana ako ng advice sayo kung ano yung maganda practice pagdating sa paggawa ng mga system. microsoft product pala ang mga gamit ko.

Depends on what's your target. Broad na rin kasi ang pwede gawin sa IT. Pwedeng programmer, web developer, web designer, database administrator, system administrator, etc.

My suggestion is not to invest too heavily on any particular technology, given how fast development is nowadays.

For using the Microsoft stack, I'll say again be careful with it. There's a risk of "vendor lock-in" using Microsoft - their products like .NET, SQL Server are only available in Windows, and are not available or a pain to setup in other platforms like Unix, Linux, Apple OS (which is a variety of Unix). By the way most servers in the Internet are powered by Linux.

As an example - VB. I am not sure if you are familiar. Dati eto yung flagship ng MS. Nung nistart nila yung .NET to compete with Java, they decided to abandon VB6 and stop support for this in their new OS. The user and developer communities were just abandoned. I've read that there are other instances like this. The most recent one that is alarming .NET developers is the demo of Windows 8 suggesting that the OS might be moving towards HTML and JavaScript. (See my post in the same thread.)

Well anyway, the point is to diversify your skills. Aside from "leveling up" vertically, you should also acquire skills horizontally. Don't limit yourself to one skill or technology. Learn about the whole "stack".

Quote from: eLgimiker0 on June 29, 2011, 12:34:22 PM
anyone here familiar with edmx?

hmm. sa MS yata ito? what is it about?

^
May VB parin yata. I've seen Visual Basic Express 2010 and it's free... I downloaded it from MS Site xD

It seems to be a converter of VB6 to VB .NET. Totally different ang VB6 and VB .NET.

Is that so. VB 6 lang ang nagamit ko at Delphi na event driven prog. lang.

Quote from: marvinofthefaintsmile on June 29, 2011, 10:18:19 AM
I also know some back in college.. Bale 2 sila, both nerdy din.. Yung the rest ng mga girls na mahilig magtsismisan at magdaldalan bout love eh nagsibagsakan nung graduation. nalapnos ang 3/4 ng buong ggraduate nun.. Mostly guys ang gumaradweyt and some ladies..

Ang dami kong classmates na ganito dati! Buti nga sa kanila lol. Mga wala ng ginawa kundi magchismisan, ayun nagsibagsakan. Yung mga tao din na akala mo pumapasok lang sa school para makipagbarkadahan. Ayun nagsbagsakan rin lol.  ;D
From 40 students 7 lang kaming natira.