Salary or Schedule

Started by papa_bear, June 04, 2011, 12:52:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Lanchie on September 05, 2014, 09:30:07 PM
That's a nice way of putting it. At the end of the day the question is, "Masaya ka ba?"

Exactly :)

^ i do not agree, neither do i disagree.

happiness is a good "measure" but it can never be quantified.

Ako rin, hihirit sa iyo, yung totoo, hindi ka rin ba nainggit sa iba mong friends who earned 3X more? isnt it a coping mechanism to kinda justify what you are feeling.

for me, i never get contented. my personal take on that is its your choice to be "comfortable" with what you have. but you can definitely earn more but of course, getting there will take up much of your time and energy.

That's absolutely true. Same as happiness being subjective.

Some people do enjoy have a relatively smaller income and enjoying the "extra" time to themselves. While some are more competitive and have a burning desire to climb up that corporate ladder.

So going back to where we started, the question "Masaya ka ba?" (Are you happy?) is in reference to what fulfills you. If it's a good title, high pay and loads of responsibilities, then at the end of the day you are happy. But that also does not give us the right to question other people's perception of their happiness, right? :-)

proper balance lang din siguro...mahirap mamili sa hirap ng buhay ngayon... parang artista lang yan..habang sikat ka pa grab the opportunity....

Quote from: angelo on September 08, 2014, 10:36:43 PM
^ i do not agree, neither do i disagree.

happiness is a good "measure" but it can never be quantified.

Ako rin, hihirit sa iyo, yung totoo, hindi ka rin ba nainggit sa iba mong friends who earned 3X more? isnt it a coping mechanism to kinda justify what you are feeling.

for me, i never get contented. my personal take on that is its your choice to be "comfortable" with what you have. but you can definitely earn more but of course, getting there will take up much of your time and energy.

With all honesty, I am not. :)

baka hindi kasi balanced? well subjective lang kasi. wala talaga makakapag-question kung ano ang opinion mo.

pwede rin both or none of the above.

Quote from: angelo on September 09, 2014, 11:55:56 PM
baka hindi kasi balanced? well subjective lang kasi. wala talaga makakapag-question kung ano ang opinion mo.

kerek!

Ako high salary naman and ok schedule. After 8 hrs., iwan na lahat sa office. I can earn more pero I choose to stay kasi alam kong di ko maeenjoy yung kung anong schedule meron ako ngayon dun sa ibang high paying companies. Mahirap yung malaki nga sweldo mo eh halos buong buhay mo naman sa office mo lang naspent. Take note, hindi lang 8 hrs ang inaallot mo sa work. Sama mo pa yung time mo pagpeprepare pumasok plus travel time. Sa current job ko ngayon, naeenjoy ko family ko. Work is created for man not the other way around. Salary or Schedule, answer is both dapat iconsider.

Aanhin mo ang salapi kung wala ka naman pag gagamitan?  :)

Syempre schedule, pero kelangan din ng salary para magkaschedule. :) pera-pera din pag may time