Scarves for Men

Started by david, September 06, 2008, 10:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
i like scarves... and i do think it's a great accessory, especially if you're wearing something rather plain or kung medyo boring yung print (like think stripes). i know that many people think that since we live in a tropical country, wearing a scarf may seem odd, but that's not the case. you just need to choose WHEN you're wearing the darn thing so you don't end up sweating it out like you're in a  sauna.

you can wear it at night when it's cooler, and more humid. if you're wearing a simple v-neck shirt or loose round collar shirt that's either plain white or solid, or has a simple repeating design, then it's a must have to spruce up your look (match it with a nice hat like a fedora, and you're golden!). i like seeing guys who aren't afraid of wearing scarves when it's appropriate.

some no-no's though ---
> wearing a scarf with a shirt that has a collar... doesn't look nice.
> you shouldn't be wearing it when you already have something on yourself, like a hoodie or a blazer / sport coat (or else you'll really roast from the inside out).
> wearing a scarf when you're wearing a graphic tee. it defeats the purpose of wearing a graphic tee in the first place... it just steals away from where the glamor should be ... hehehe!!!
> don't buy a scarf that's too ornately printed (ala-Hermes or Gucci)... that just looks too gay... hahahaha!!!

i love getting scarves from zara (and they're not that expensive too), rustan's men's wear, the GAP (love their new salmon colored scarf), and from greenhills. the scrunched-wrinkled hobo-ish look is very fashionable now in japan and in seoul, and two toned or gradated shades / fade-away designs look ulta-hip too. in terms of material, cotton and wool is the best (so it's cooler and has better ventialation), but i also like rough silk blends too.

you also have to practice wearing or tying a scarf --- there's a certain art to it. but since we're in a tropical country, we shouldn't be trying it too closely to our necks. a loose-tie or a loose round drape would look cool (which is also the reason why you have to look for a LOOOOOOONG scarf... the rinky-dink short scarves sold in SM are just way too short).

try it folks... won't hurt ya ^^,

Why will you wear a scarf in a tropical country like Ph? WTF.

When you mentioned scarves, there are only two people that popped in my mind: Chuck Bass! or Miranda Priestly! And both are fictional. Although I see people who were "scarves" like those used by people in the Middle East here.