GAMER'S THREAD

Started by sayonara, May 07, 2013, 09:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well, all guys are gamers, they say. I'm no exception, so I'm currently playing Dragon Age: Origins. So far, one of the best games I ever played. Very deep and emotional (and indulging) plot. Even the gameplay is near perfect.

Games/Game franchises I'm a fan of: Assassin's Creed, The Sims, Civilization, Elder Scrolls, Torchlight, Diablo.

SimCity, Civilization, Master of Orion, Master of Magic, Wing Commander, Dune II, Spear of Destiny ...

Modern classics FTW. Modern games are derivations of these in one way or another.

Any recommended tower defense games?
And Turn-based games?

^for turn-based strategies, Civilization is the best out there. not much into tower defense games, so  :-X

Quote from: carpediem on May 07, 2013, 09:29:01 PM
SimCity, Civilization, Master of Orion, Master of Magic, Wing Commander, Dune II, Spear of Destiny ...

Modern classics FTW. Modern games are derivations of these in one way or another.

hmm. such a shame the new SimCity requires permanent online connection. i really hate it when game studios ruin beautiful classics like these

and that fucking diablo 3

I'm an ultimate pokemon fan! BTW Pokemon X and Y (6th gen) will be released this October (wayieee) kaso it for 3ds only (curse you nintendo!)

old school arcade
xmen vs st. fighter
marvel vs capcom 1 and 2
*Final fantasy 7,8,9 and dissidia*
diablo 2  :) red alert , counter strike,
plant vs zombie  :D

^ FF <3 (My favorite is Crisis Core) I cried at the end.

Quote from: superosmdummi on May 08, 2013, 10:52:52 AM

same here.. lalo na yung ending.

in dragon age, i prefer that the character should be a wavy blond girl with silver eyes wielding a great sword. This year, ilalabas na ang latest ng dragon age.

currently, im playing atelier rorona.

para sakin hindi magandang idea zach (tama ba?) namatay. o kaya tumagal yung love story nila ni airith

Quote from: caicomonster on May 08, 2013, 01:31:26 PM

para sakin hindi magandang idea zach (tama ba?) namatay. o kaya tumagal yung love story nila ni airith

ff7 isn't centered on zach. zach is just a mini-side story in the ff7 main game.. it's just that ff7 became so famous to the point that they make a lot side stories..

lol ff7 is ff's most loved franchise, so SE gotta do all the milking for them to produce another ff7-based game.

the ff7 game itself is epic at first play, but doesn't have any replay value like the ones made in the US. dragon age <3

i luv.. ff7.. that old game.. but the game that i luv the most is xenogears! it's so epic success that i finished it 5x.

i like dragon age.. but i hate the slow waving of the great sword..

^lol okay. so you hate real-life game physics? achilles wield a greatsword way slower than that, ifaik

xenogears, oh man that ending song. small two of pieces, isn't it? ahhh nostalgia