Suit for Prom.

Started by marc, December 29, 2009, 11:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Is this too early?
Gusto ko sana yung slim fit. any ideas?

sa g2000 ko binili yung pangprom ko date....

ganda naman mga suits nila dun... yung designs AND cuts...

okay sa mga slim....

try to look at the nearest g2000 store sa inyo kung meron ka magugustohan...

or maybe go for the custom made if you have the money...
80 to 90 percent makukuha mo yung design and fit na gusto mo...

sinuyod ko buong SM pampanga mahanap lang yung suit na gusto ko.... yun ginawa ko....hahahaha..

welcome pala sa PGG....

Go to Zara or Topman.
or kung gusto mo mas mura go to Onesimus.
maganda din kung pagawa ka na lang.

Quote from: Francis-J. on December 30, 2009, 10:48:26 PM
Go to Zara or Topman.

ei Marc... tama si kikz.. kung may time ka patahi ka na nga lang.. ganun ginagawa ko, same lang din ang price, bumibili ako ng tela tas bili ako ng magazine ng star studio haha, then ipapagaya ko sa mananahi..ssshhh secret lang natin dito yan ah..almost lahat ng occassions ganun ginagawa ko haha halata kasi kapag binili tas di nag fit :)

Quote from: Dumont on December 30, 2009, 10:57:44 PM
Quote from: Francis-J. on December 30, 2009, 10:48:26 PM
Go to Zara or Topman.

ei Marc... tama si kikz.. kung may time ka patahi ka na nga lang.. ganun ginagawa ko, same lang din ang price, bumibili ako ng tela tas bili ako ng magazine ng star studio haha, then ipapagaya ko sa mananahi..ssshhh secret lang natin dito yan ah..almost lahat ng occassions ganun ginagawa ko haha halata kasi kapag binili tas di nag fit :)

Magpapatahi ako. Kasi parang ito na rin yung gagawin kong all-around suit.
Last year nagpatahi ako ng mandarin collar, pero hindi ko gusto yung fit, (ewan ko ba) baka minadali kasi..

Ilan gastos nyo po? Patulong naman sa style. hehe

depende Marc.. kung ikaw pipili ng tela, mas may choice ka.. mura lang nun patahi.... kapag nagpapatahi ka, be sure binabalikan mo sya... ako todo bantay haha,  bago umuwi from office dinadaanan ko.. para makita progress.. bumili ako ng star magic ball magazine.. dami ko  ng pinagaya dun.. hahahha

I want your opinion regarding wearing a white tux during our prom.
I have a dark skin tone. Would that help?

I really wanted to wear black and all and then they had this idea.

a white tux is a classic so pwede yun sa kahit anong skintone. and i think it's better than the all black get up na cliche choice tuwing prom. just make sure you go to the right tailor to have the right fit.

anu na bang balak mo??.. bibili ka ba o magrent??...

papatahi... hmm... kung dati sablay yung gawa eh di hanap ka ng ibang tailor...

Here's some tip for you kid...

for suits, it actually depends on you... whether you want it to be tailored or you want to buy one...

first thing to remember is the importance of fit. Here's what you should know these days about the fit of your suit: It should be slim and trim—and shorter, too. Not tight or ill-fitting, but precise. When a suit is worn this way it makes a statement without relying on loud colors or patterns. It's a confident look that speaks volumes.

then you have to consider the type of lapel your suit is going to have. (Depende to sa katawan mo...)

then the buttons... but for me go for the two-button..

For belt...Invest in a high-quality leather strap that's an inch to an inch and a half wide. If it smells and feels buttery, that means it'll age beautifully. And the buckle should be subtle.

For your dress shirt...First, look for dress shirts with firm collars that stand up on their own., framing your face. Second, use collar stays. You know, those little plastic things. Every proper dress shirt has slots for them. The reason is when you're not wearing a tie, the collar on your dress shirt flattens out and sinks beneath the lapels of your jacket. The look? Sloppy.

for your pants.. hmm.. flat-front...oh and sometimes if not most of the times it stacks up at your ankles like baggy jeans. When this happens, take your suit to a tailor and tell him you don't want a break. Those are the words you should use: "I want this suit hemmed with little or no break." Period. Little or no break at all.. hehe.. depends on you actually..

and then the tie... Go for a sturdier silk, which'll make for a solid knot. Plus, keep any patterns understated. Also, a quick note on length: The tip of your tie should not hang below the waistline of your pants.

Tip for buying a suit.. hehe..

Beware of the sales guy

He'll tell you whatever you want to hear—that everything looks great on you, that the store's tailor can fix any suit. And you can almost be guaranteed his sense of style will be different from yours. For all these reasons, you need to know as much as possible about how a suit should fit and what kind of suit you're looking for before you walk through the door. Remember, you're the boss, not him.

Tip when dealing with the tailor..hehe..

Tailors are used to working with guys who don't know what they want. Be assertive so he understands that you're after a specific look and don't just want "the usual."

PS... I know this is a very long post... sorry about it.. I guess I'll just have to post a new thread about this... hope this helps..

......gray suit para sa skin tone mo....or mag barong tagalog ka madami na maggandang designs ng barong tagalog.....