What's your religious affiliation?

Started by Mr.Yos0, July 11, 2010, 11:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I still couldn't see why it's offensive for some. After all, when muslims greet us with Happy Eid I'll Adha or Happy Eid I'll Fitr, I am happy for their celebration. When Americans greet us with Happy Thanksgiving Day, I am thankful in return. When people greet Happy Halloween, I don't mind. Why, with that one simple greeting, would atheists (not all atheists though) would get offended. Scared that Christmas might be true after all? Hehehe. Yun lang. :-) I don't know if there are atheists (or agnostics) here, but if there are, I'm just thinking out loud. :-)

^ Yes there is at least one atheist or agnostic here hehe.

Just like what you said, not all are offended. Just like some Christians are offended and some are not when they are greeted by Muslims with "Happy <insert Muslim holiday here>". I was told that some members of Iglesia ni Cristo are offended if you greet them "Merry Christmas", though I am not sure if this is true.

Anyway, I think many knows this. Christmas was originally a pagan tradition celebrating the Winter Solstice that was adapted by Christianity to celebrate the birth of Christ.

Hahaha. I knew it, it is you carpediem! Hahaha! :-) thank God for you, you're an open-minded one. Hehe. :-)

Aah, about Christmas. Yes, December 25 was actually the day pagans celebrate for their Sun god. Then the papacy wanted to convert the pagans, and adapted that day to commemorate Christ's birth. :-) but it's only a remembrance of Jesus' birth. I assert that the Christmas spirit should be in each one's heart everyday. :-)

^ ;D

Anyway. Here's a hidden smiley I found -> 0:) Don't know if there are more.

^ simple lang naman. quote mo lang ako, makikita mo na kung paano.  :)

Quote from: ctan on December 29, 2010, 03:36:34 PM
Hahaha. I knew it, it is you carpediem! Hahaha! :-) thank God for you, you're an open-minded one. Hehe. :-)

Aah, about Christmas. Yes, December 25 was actually the day pagans celebrate for their Sun god. Then the papacy wanted to convert the pagans, and adapted that day to commemorate Christ's birth. :-) but it's only a remembrance of Jesus' birth. I assert that the Christmas spirit should be in each one's heart everyday. :-)

alam ko may pinagbasehan talaga sila na ginawang december 25 birthday ni Jesus. Kinuha daw hints sa bibliya

Sabi naman ng iba, parang hindi daw akma ang dec25 sa scenario ng nativity scene sa Bible.

Quote from: Mr.Yos0 on December 29, 2010, 08:22:59 PM
Quote from: ctan on December 29, 2010, 03:36:34 PM

alam ko may pinagbasehan talaga sila na ginawang december 25 birthday ni Jesus. Kinuha daw hints sa bibliya

Take this with a grain of salt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNf-P_5u_Hw&t=6m38s

^ Buo ko na napanood yan.

Quote from: ctan on December 30, 2010, 05:11:41 PM
Sabi naman ng iba, parang hindi daw akma ang dec25 sa scenario ng nativity scene sa Bible.

oo nga daw, kasi hindi naman daw winter yung eksena e.

Quote from: Mr.Yos0 on December 31, 2010, 11:43:27 AM

nagi-snow ba sa jerusalem? parang hindi naman..

Quote from: judE_Law on December 31, 2010, 11:46:54 AM
Quote from: Mr.Yos0 on December 31, 2010, 11:43:27 AM

nagi-snow ba sa jerusalem? parang hindi naman..

yes jude, nag-iisnow daw dun...

Jesus was born in Bethlehem not Jerusalem diba.

Quote from: carpediem on December 31, 2010, 04:50:08 PM
Jesus was born in Bethlehem not Jerusalem diba.

hahaha. tama! :-) if it snows in Bethlehem, it is very rare daw. :-)