What's your religious affiliation?

Started by Mr.Yos0, July 11, 2010, 11:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hinde naman nagi-is-snow sa Israel at Palestine (where Bethlehem and Jerusalem are found) since near the equator ang 2 bansang ito  ;D

Quote from: carpediem on December 29, 2010, 03:29:27 PM
^ Yes there is at least one atheist or agnostic here hehe.

Just like what you said, not all are offended. Just like some Christians are offended and some are not when they are greeted by Muslims with "Happy <insert Muslim holiday here>". I was told that some members of Iglesia ni Cristo are offended if you greet them "Merry Christmas", though I am not sure if this is true.

Anyway, I think many knows this. Christmas was originally a pagan tradition celebrating the Winter Solstice that was adapted by Christianity to celebrate the birth of Christ.
they are offended pero tinatanggap nila ang christmas bonus hehe... chill...just a thought

but if you dont believe on it.... anong right mo na magbenefit

^ If you are referring the the PH law on Christmas bonus, then all salary receiving workers have that right, regardless of their religious affiliation (or lack thereof), because that's the 13th-month benefit provided by the labor law.

Hmm, are you saying that those who do not believe, or are still withholding their belief, in (the Christian) God do not deserve His love?

Quote from: joshgroban on January 15, 2011, 07:33:40 PM
but if you dont believe on it.... anong right mo na magbenefit

hindi naman siguro josh. :-) kapag promulgated by law, all those affected should enjoy their right to claim the benefit. :-) parang yung Eid'l Fitr at Eid'l Adha lang na Moslem celebrations dito sa Pinas. Lahat tayo walang pasok (well, mostly) kasi ginawang parang batas. :-)

Quote from: carpediem on January 15, 2011, 08:56:17 PM
Hmm, are you saying that those who do not believe, or are still withholding their belief, in (the Christian) God do not deserve His love?

sasagot ako ha. :-) for me, everyone DOES NOT deserve God's love. who is finite man to receive benefits from a God who is perfect, blameless, and utterly magnificent? the wonderful news about this is that God bestows grace and mercy...

GRACE because eventhough man is loved by God eventhough we do not deserve His love. and by receiving God's love, ANY ONE is privileged to go before Him and have a personal relationship with Him as personal Lord and Savior. one can even go further by being inquisitive about God. it is said in Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. inquire of Him, ask about your doubts about Him.

MERCY because eventhough we deserve damnation because of the evil in us, God chose to bestow a way out to us and that is through Jesus Christ... who died and rose from the grave to give salvation to those who seek it. :-)

Sa amin darkstar, different denominations have different views on that. As for me, naniniwala ako sa sinabi sa book of Romans that God reveals Himself through nature and instances. I believe that even if none have shared Christianity with them, the thought that they have an idea of some higher being is good enough for God to judge them accordingly. In instances too, because just like the conversion of the apostle Paul, no one shared to him, but he had an encounter with God. In both scenarios, I have listened to testimonies of how they came to know God through those that I've mentioned.

I know all Christians are waiting for the second coming of Christ and I remember it will happen when all people in the world hear God's words regardless if they accept it or not aside from other signs written in the Bible.

Quote from: pinoybrusko on February 07, 2011, 05:24:38 PM
I know all Christians are waiting for the second coming of Christ and I remember it will happen when all people in the world hear God's words regardless if they accept it or not aside from other signs written in the Bible.

I agree with that brusko. However, the original Greek in the New Testament is quite vague whether it refers to individual people, or people groups.

Quote from: darkstar13 on February 07, 2011, 09:03:20 AM
I see.
I think we have the same thoughts.
Samin kasi, God will judge those who have not heard His words by the laws to which a person is under.

Thanks for the insight :D

What's your religious affiliation darkstar?

INC ka pala darkstar. ;)
Marami rami din akong friends na INC. ^_^

Quote from: darkstar13 on February 08, 2011, 03:42:42 PM
Quote from: MaRfZ on February 08, 2011, 07:42:34 AM
INC ka pala darkstar. ;)
Marami rami din akong friends na INC. ^_^

yes, but i am not as devout INC as other are.

how's that?
hindi ka ba matitiwalag nun?

also have friends na inc.... sakin religion is more of a relationship...im a part of charismatic episcopal church and  our priests are married