What's your religious affiliation?

Started by Mr.Yos0, July 11, 2010, 11:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
i agree with josh..

it doesnt really matter what religion you are in..
what matters most eh kung papano mo isinakatutuparan ang mga aral ng Diyos.

^ eh? what if wala o maraming Diyos yung religion?

Quote from: carpediem on February 09, 2011, 01:17:19 AM

ridiculous! anong relihiyon ang walang aral na itinuturo?

Quote from: judE_Law on February 09, 2011, 12:28:09 PM

no di ko naman sinasabi na may relihiyon na walang aral na itinuturo

ang sabi mo kasi basta sumusunod ka sa mga aral ng Diyos (ng relihiyon mo), it doesn't matter what religion you are in

i'm just pointing out the fact that not all religions have a God, and there are also religions with many gods

Hinduism - a religion with many gods
atheism - a religion with no god

...I think the issue should not be concentrated in religion (since marami ito at iba ibang groups at sects), para mas malinaw ang issue, it should be concentrated sa teachings from the Holy Bible since it is what everybody uses regardless of religious groups

^ Atheism is not a religion

Quotethe Holy Bible ... is what everybody uses regardless of religious groups

Quoting jude, that's ridiculous! Only Christians use the Holy Bible.

Quote from: carpediem on February 09, 2011, 05:24:04 PM

^i agree with this one..  ;D

Quote from: carpediem on February 09, 2011, 12:34:32 PM
Quote from: judE_Law on February 09, 2011, 12:28:09 PM

no di ko naman sinasabi na may relihiyon na walang aral na itinuturo

ang sabi mo kasi basta sumusunod ka sa mga aral ng Diyos (ng relihiyon mo), it doesn't matter what religion you are in

i'm just pointing out the fact that not all religions have a God, and there are also religions with many gods

eto lang yun eh.. ano ang common thing sa tingin niyo ang itinuturo ng mga relihiyon?
diba to do what is good not just for yourself but to the people around you and your environment.
ngayon kung wala ka namang relihiyon, still you know what is good and what is not..

^ Ok. I take it that when you said "Diyos" you did not necessarily mean Diyos. You meant the truths and the spiritual guidance of the teachings of the religion, whether the religion does not have a God, has one God, or has more than one gods.

Quote from: carpediem on February 09, 2011, 09:51:44 PM
^ Ok. I take it that when you said "Diyos" you did not necessarily mean Diyos. You meant the truths and the spiritual guidance of the teachings of the religion, whether the religion does not have a God, has one God, or has more than one gods.

okay.. hehe. ;)

our creed is the foundation of faith...Father... Son and the Holy Spirit

Quote from: carpediem on February 09, 2011, 05:24:04 PM

I'm pertaining to Christians (composed of many groups and sects). Nagkakaroon kasi ng iba't ibang teachings doon pa lang sa circle of Christians. Of course di kasama dito ang islam, Buddhism, Hinduism and other religions  :o

ang point kasi dito for my understanding, as Jude mentioned, whatever your sect/group in Christianity you belong instead of word "Religion" as long as you know what is good and what is bad, it is enough to say you are a good follower regardless of your denominations you are into. tama ba?  ;D

(serious question) why then are there deep conflicts among Christian denominations?

^ Then it is not the case that what pinoybrusko said is enough

Quoteas long as you know what is good and what is bad, it is enough to say you are a good follower regardless of your denominations you are into

^ Yun nga, so it seems it is not enough to know (or pretend to know) what is good and what is bad, to be a good follower regardless of your (Christian) denomination. Kasi there are deep conflicts, and the people involved would say that they are good followers in their own respective denominations.

love is the fulfillment of the law.... ito lang ang basis ko