hahaha. dapat pala specific din iyon  ;D

Quote from: carpediem on July 12, 2010, 12:57:15 AM
What is your view?

for me, dapat lang. Saka ko na elaborate mahabang discussion ito  ;D

Quote from: pinoybrusko on July 12, 2010, 02:57:20 AM
Quote from: ctan on July 12, 2010, 01:24:39 AM
which church are we talking about?

hahaha. dapat pala specific din iyon  ;D

hehe. Yeah. Kasi when we say church, madami kasi ang churches. Pero i think in the context of the issue, baka roman catholic church, tama ba?

nako, mahaba-habang discussion nga to...

I think religion should be something like a guide for the state but not specifically controlling it...

Kailangan bang specific? The Church in general. Well in the Philippines, it is the Roman Catholic Church.

For me, the Church has been meddling with politics for too long.

If we are talking about the Roman Catholic leadership, yeah, I think that they should be separated. However, when webtalk about a politician's faith, we cannot take that away from him. I believe that whatever a politician's religion is, his faith and morals will essentially be reflected in the rules that he will impose.

Naiinis ako every time the Church meddles. For example the recent one about sex education and the use of condom.

sa tingin ko dapat lang.

kung ang simbahan ay magfo-focus sa pagpapayaman ng magagandang values, at pagtuturo ng mga salita ng Diyos.. i think hindi naman magiging problema ng bansa yung mga nag-uugat sa evil doings like patayan, rape, nakawan... kung may takot lang sa Diyos ang lahat ng Pilipino wala sigurong krimen.
'wag na sanang makialam ang simbahan sa isyu ng politika, although nakasalalay din naman ang moralidad doon.. mas marami kasing problema ang dapat harapin ng simbahan kesa politics.

Quote from: carpediem on July 12, 2010, 12:25:02 PM
Naiinis ako every time the Church meddles. For example the recent one about sex education and the use of condom.

The Church hold strongly to its faith that artificial contraceptives is a big no no to them. Natural method is what they preferred, Counselling and others.

Quote from: pinoybrusko on July 12, 2010, 12:50:12 PM

The Church hold strongly to its faith that artificial contraceptives is a big no no to them. Natural method is what they preferred, Counselling and others.

i got their point. And they aren't actually meddlig with them. The RCC is just voicing out their stand, just as what activists do. They are not imposing.

But that clearly does not work. The government has been applying that for decades, and look at the Philippines now, grossly overpopulated.

Quote from: carpediem on July 12, 2010, 02:08:45 PM

But that clearly does not work. The government has been applying that for decades, and look at the Philippines now, grossly overpopulated.

Kasi nga walang Political will... takot na kastiguhin sila ng simbahan.. makakasira sa career nila yun na parang lalabas na sila'y masama diba?

^ Precisely. Kaya all politicians need to make "sipsip", to earn the blessing of the Catholic Church. Sa last election lang nga e makikita mo flip-flopping yung mga candidates sa stand nila kung saan may issue ang Church. Kapag hindi ka nagustuhan ng Church, or any religious group for that matter, huwag ka nang umasa na mananalo ka sa eleksyon.