Ganito na ba kasama ang mga Manileño?

Started by Mr.Yos0, July 12, 2010, 06:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Isa lamang itong e-mail na natanggap mula sa isang kaibigan.. Here it goes.

Here goes:

1. Two weeks ago I was in Manila. I wanted to take a taxi from Taft near EDSA to Sofitel for a conference. It took me a while to get a taxi because ALL of the 5 or so taxis either wanted to charge me a fixed rate of 200 - 250 or outright refused to take me there. Malapit daw masyado. Finally, for fear of being late, I just jumped into the taxi, which was rather old and simply told him my destination. Lo and behold, wala namang angal. The guy brought me there with the meter showing 80 pesos or so. I gave him a hundred and didn't take the change. Well, kudos to him. He was the exception.

2. A Thai friend had the same experience in Manila. She is a high-ranking government official in Thailand. She had to go down to Manila. She complained that the taxi drivers charged her contract rates (up to 500). She finally got irked after her umpteenth ride and argued with the driver.

By the way, we both had unpleasant experiences with the guys who flag down taxis for you even if you can do it yourself. Not having experienced that before, I gave the guy a cheery thank you, whereupon he asked me for "barya" lang boss.

3. A Japanese friend on her way back to Japan was detained for some reason at the airport. She told us via email that some airport men asked for money. She shelled out "thousands" of pesos. She couldn't explain well since she's not very good in English. But one thing for sure, she doesn't want to come back.

4. During a concert organized by Manila people here where I live, we were given complimentary VIP tickets by a show sponsor. We were ushered to the front, sat down, and then a lady who said she was one of the producers approached me and my wife and kid. She started asking who we were, and when I told her about the compli tickets, she arrogantly sneered, "E complimentary ticket lang pala ang gamit niyo! Hindi naman binili yan eh." I informed her calmly that the tickets were given by a sponsor who was my relative. I also told her that we were ushered there by her people. She still wanted us to leave, emphasizing that we didn't pay for the tickets. So I told her VIP is VIP. She then claimed that the front rows were for somebody else. I pointed out that the tickets showed the seat numbers and that we were in those appointed seats.

Finally in order to avoid a scene, I told her to stop blaming us and talk to her people. Seeing that I wasn't backing down, she told us to move two rows behind. We did so just to end the incident. She went to her ushers and yelled at them to let those with compli VIP tickets sit at the back. Tutal libre naman daw at hindi binili.

By the way, I am an officer of the company which owns the venue of the show. I could have raised a stink but did not. My wife and child were embarrassed. My daughter was sort of traumatized because that's all she could talk about after the show. Overall, it put a dent in our enjoyment of the evening.

I'll end my litany here.

Look, I'll repeat that I'm not generalizing,and I apologize. But I've had too many negative experiences there in Manila and with people from Manila who come to us. Those taxi drivers just succeeded in damaging the reputation of Filipinos. Now my foreigner friends were a bunch of crooks. No wonder kulelat tayo sa tourism. Pagdating pa lang dyan sa Manila, negative na ang nangyayari.

Please enlighten your taxi drivers over there. And to those arrogant people who think kaya nila kami kasi promdi, think again please. Your actions underscore your lack of education and self-esteem. Paki-ayos naman po ang mga ugali ninyo.

Sorry po, naglalabas lang ng sama ng loob. Peace tayo.

Reactions?

hahaha ang babaw naman to blame it all to Manila and to all Filipinos  ;D

Pinoy nga naman  :D.

hindi nman nten sya masisisi kc may bad xpirience sya sa manila. ;)

^^ may mga na-experience na rin akong bwisit na driver ng taxi, tricycle, jeep.. etc... pero hindi ko naman nilalahat.. am sure marami pa rin namang mababait na manileño... hindi ko makakalimutan yung naglalakad ako sa daan galing chinese general hospital dahil may binisitang friend.. biglang nagdilim ang paningin ko.. wala akong makita.. naramdaman ko na lang may mga tumutulong sa akin.. pina-inom ako ng tubig... nahimasmasan ako.. siguro heatstroke yun dahil sobrang init. yung mga tumulong sa akin at nagpa-inom ng tubig eh mga tricycle driver.. grabe, pakiramdam ko si Lord ay nasa kanila.. tinulungan nila ako, hindi nila ako kilala..

Quote from: nhailatot on August 20, 2010, 05:00:22 PM
hindi nman nten sya masisisi kc may bad xpirience sya sa manila. ;)

true pero wag siyang mag-generalize kasi hinde naman lahat ng tao ganun.

eto din ang experience ko nung ako napunta sa manila...
ang advice ko lang is educate yourself over time, learn a bag of tricks to win over this unfair trade