Capital Punishment

Started by Mr.Yos0, July 13, 2010, 08:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Capital punishment, or the death penalty, is the execution of a person by judicial process as a punishment for an offense. Crimes that can result in a death penalty are known as capital crimes or capital offences.

Capital punishment has in the past been practiced in virtually every society, although currently only 58 nations actively practice it, with 95 countries abolishing it. It is a matter of active controversy in various countries and states, and positions can vary within a single political ideology or cultural region. In the European Union member states, Article 2 of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union prohibits the use of capital punishment.

Capital punishment is often the subject of controversy. Opponents of the death penalty argue that it has led to the execution of innocent people, that its main motive is not justice but revenge and to save money, that life imprisonment is an effective and less expensive substitute, that it discriminates against minorities and the poor, and that it violates the criminal's right to life. Supporters believe that the penalty is justified for murderers by the principle of retribution, that life imprisonment is not an equally effective deterrent, and that the death penalty affirms the right to life by punishing those who violate it in the strictest form.

Do you want the death penalty to be restored? Why?

If yes, what kind would you prefer (hanging, silya elektrika, et. al.)?

restore it if the justice system becomes perfect. what i mean by perfect is when the justice system is already corruption free and when everyone who gets the death sentence are the real cultprits. but i guess malabo yun. kaya wag na lang ibalik.

Quote from: incognito on July 13, 2010, 09:26:16 PM
restore it if the justice system becomes perfect. what i mean by perfect is when the justice system is already corruption free and when everyone who gets the death sentence are the real cultprits. but i guess malabo yun. kaya wag na lang ibalik.

mas effective nga siya ma-implement ngayon habang hinde pa matatag ang justice system di ba? tapos pag ok na ang justice system natin saka tanggalin ang death penalty

Quote from: incognito on July 13, 2010, 09:26:16 PM

^ isa sa negatibong ginawa ng mga politicians at media sa ating judiciary system ay pagmukhain itong corrupt.. nakakatawa kasi mas pinaniniwalaan pa ngayon ang sinasabi ni prof ganyan.. prof ganun.. kesa ang mismong hudikatura.
tandaan sana natin na ang justice system natin ay hindi naka-base sa emosyon kundi sa technical na aspect.. ibig sabihin kailangan ng mga katibayan, ebidensiya sa isang kaso... kahit na gaano man karumal-dumal o kalaki yung krimen na ginawa nung nasaskdal..
i salute our justices.. 'wag magpadala sa mga pambubuyo ng kung sino-sino lang.. hindi nila ito ka-level!

back to topic...
i am against death penalty, pero kung ibalik man.. re-respetuhin ko yung desisyon.

ibalik ang death penalty para sa mga ampatuans  ;D

^ and what style would you prefer?.. hanging? quartering?

Quote from: Mr.Yos0 on July 25, 2010, 08:40:30 PM
^ and what style would you prefer?.. hanging? quartering?

ok na ako sa lethal injection. Dito sa saudi, pugot ulo agad kakatakot panoorin pero its open to the public since ang pag pugot ng ulo ginagawa sa public

^ have you ever watched a public execution there?..

Nope di ko kaya manood ng ganun pero meron nanonood na pinoy dito

maganda sana yung quartering.. itatali yung mga kamay at paa sa apat na kabayo tapos patatakbuhin para mahati ka.. it was actually practced by England during the Middle Ages.

masyadong harsh ang gusto mo yoso  ;D patayin na lang kaya sa kiliti  ;D

im up to putting back capital punishment

kahit sa isang simpleng holdaper lang o snatcher...kasi wla silang konsyensya

some people are just getting to evil that they have already lost the concept of HUMANITY

im in for capital punishment provided talagang surena sya ang gumawa.......theres alwayas a consequenses for our actions

ok lng basta wag lingchi ang capital punishment. nadidisturb ako eh..