RH Bill. Yes or No?

Started by Mr.Yos0, November 23, 2010, 12:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Kilo 1000 on December 08, 2010, 05:55:59 PM
Quote from: joshgroban on December 07, 2010, 11:24:01 PM
over population has been a problem a hundred years ago ... why not making it a problem now.... bahala sila kung gusto nila mag anak ng marami as long as wag nila ipasa sa iba ang pagbuhay dito  i mean just be responsible kahit ilan pa anak mo.. work harder and be happy... still no to rh bill... hahah ang tapang e no... dami ko kaaway dito ...
Overpopulation is the root of a lot of problems.
We have altered the ecosystem because of the huge demand for resources
Food - Causing destruction of huge ecosystems to form farmlands just to sustain the higher population
Further destruction of land is made to form subdivisions and urban areas to sustain the growth at the cost of reduction of wildlife.
Gas - Leading to huge amount of traffic, high demand for cars which in turn produces a lot of carbon emissions which in turn has caused climate change.
Work -  scarcity of work here in the philippines forces a lot of Filipinos to migrate abroad to look for work
Overcrowding -  because of poverty in the philippines leads to higher spread of disease
War- because of lack of resources a lot of people are fighting over land.

Quote from: carpediem on December 08, 2010, 12:43:11 AM
OT
sometimes you'll wonder: bakit yung mga mahihirap pa ang walang tigil sa panganganak, kahit baon na sa mga utang; walang paki sa buhay at ayaw magtrabaho; alcohol, gambling, drugs...

This is the very question we ask our OBGYN service ward Patients for multiparous women. Bakit ang dami anak?
Very simple... pinakamadaling, libre at accessible na libangan ng husband  at wife. Hinde daw mapigilan kasi wala na silang magawang iba.

Case in point: Most guys will masturbate and look for sex out of boredom. (see masturbation threads for reference).

Only a minority would have many children because they're looking for a their unico hijo or hija.

majority  of them would like at most 3 children. Given the opportunity if they can afford it, they would like some form of contraception. At tsaka, karamihan ng mga mahihirap, hinde alam paano gumamit ng condom OR ayaw gumamit ng condom kasi "BAWAL SA SIMBAHAN". But the average poor family would go around 6-7 kasi walang form of family planning.

kung overpopulation ang problema bat kaya inutos pa sa genesis ...to multiply and fill the earth and subdue it... bago pa natin naisip i think God knows that this earth is capable to handle His creation and be inhabited by it

The bible then was made by only one God... he never changed....never will... para kasing may fear tayo sa over population samantalang ang problema naman talaga e yung mga utak ng tao ... we have to renew our minds ... kawawa talaga ang maraming anak at walang maayos na trabaho these days pero ingat din tayo di kaya selfishness ang iba nating reason kaya ayaw nating mag anak... yung tipong mapipilitan tayong kumayod ng husto ... yung comfort zone at time natin masasagasaan.. thats why The Lord says treat your children as a blessing... meaning they are gift from God... i have nothing against naman talaga sa RH bill ... but as others have said di naman talaga sinusunod ang batas kahit meron so babalik at babalik tayo sa personal na buhay ng bawat isa ... we will all be accountable to God someday...

Yes for me. Kasi kawawa naman yung mga anak na mahihirap ang magulang. Di sila nabibigyan ng tamang concern ng magulang nila. Ang worst case pa may mga parents na pinagtatrabaho yung mga anak nila kabata bata. At chaka sobrang laki na ng population natin  70% is poor.

after reading Josh's thought's napagisip ako na may point sya. :)

But this applies to those people who base their life according to the word of GOD. but people nowadays ay hindi na isinasabuhay ang salita ng Diyos.

Ngayon ko lang nabasa. Hehehe. May sasabihin ako dito. Maya na pag-uwi ko sa bahay kasi naka-mobile lang ako. Hehe.

Quote from: maykel on December 23, 2010, 03:51:58 PM
after reading Josh's thought's napagisip ako na may point sya. :)

But this applies to those people who base their life according to the word of GOD. but people nowadays ay hindi na isinasabuhay ang salita ng Diyos.
tsk tsk thats the sad part of it... but theres still hope

Quote from: ctan on December 23, 2010, 07:33:23 PM
Ngayon ko lang nabasa. Hehehe. May sasabihin ako dito. Maya na pag-uwi ko sa bahay kasi naka-mobile lang ako. Hehe.

anu doc?

27th na?

di ka parin naka uwi?

Yup, dito pa ako ospital! Hehehe!

Quote from: Jon on December 27, 2010, 03:40:07 AM
Quote from: ctan on December 23, 2010, 07:33:23 PM

anu doc?

27th na?

di ka parin naka uwi?

Oo nga naman doc. ano po ba yung sasabihin mo?

Quote from: joshgroban on December 24, 2010, 07:15:50 PM
tsk tsk thats the sad part of it... but theres still hope
Yes. may hope pa nga... :)

Wala pa rin ako sa bahay. Hahaha. Anyway, dito na nga sa mobile. :-)

Although I agree with joshgroban about warnings against selfishness, about renewing of the mind, etc., at some point I disagree with him about the assertion that overpopulation is not a problem. :-)

Overpopulation is a major problem, not just in the Philippines but to many countries all over the world as well like India and China. Epidemiological data alone proves the urgency to address this problem.
- "The world population is currently growing by 74 million people per year - the equivalent of a city size of San Francisco every three days" - World Population Infographic
- "Though more than 2/3 of the planet is covered with water, only a small fraction - around 0.3% - is available for human use and reuse. And no more of this renewable fresh water is available today than existed at the dawn of human civilization." - World Overpopulation Awareness

With overpopulation comes a cascade of other problems like overconsumption, exploitation, pollution, etc (WOA, 2010). I personally would like to add the obvious which is poverty. So you see, in this matter alone, overpopulation has become a problem. Ok lang sana if resources aren't scarce. But all people are sharing a small portion of the earth that's land-laden.

Throughout recent history and events, a lot of people have realized this problem. To control the massive problem of pollution, exploitation, overconsumption, etc. has become a very difficult task as to begin with, these problems are huge. Though not impossible to do, but with the urgency of the problem posed by overpopulation, there has to be done something that can be hoped as effective and plausible. As we say, change starts from within. I would like to apply this cliche to address this problem. To make a solution out of these seemingly impossible situations, the grassroots must be involved. The people themselves who create overpopulation should be involved. And then the reproductive health care facilities come into place. According to the WHO (World Health Organization), approximately 150 million couples in the world want, but do not have, access to reproductive health care facilities. This goes to show that a lot of people realize what steps are needed to be done in order to help address this issue.

About what the Bible says, I agree that when God said to Adam and Eve, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.", I believe that God was telling them that the world should be populated by those who know Him and who serve wisely as His representatives. However, in Genesis 3, we see sin enter into the lives of human beings and from that day, the world has become imperfect. The evil uses to which people have put their dominion come as a result of sin. The command God said that men are to make the earth's resources beneficial for themselves. It provides a foundation for wise scientific and technological developments. However, it is not a mandate to exploit the earth and its creatures to satisfy human greed, for the fact that Adam and Eve were "in the image of God". This implies God's expectation that we, human beings, are to use the earth wisely and govern it with the same sense of responsibility and care that God has toward the whole of His creation. We are stewards of the earth, and we are to guard it.

Having determined overpopulation to be a problem, it must be addressed. With reproductive health care supervised with responsible men and women, this could help solve the pressing issue.

When I see our charity patients, talagang napapaisip ako na dapat may RH bill na na-aprub...

Quote from: Kilo 1000 on January 09, 2011, 11:34:14 PM
Quote from: ctan on January 09, 2011, 11:28:35 PM
When I see our charity patients, talagang napapaisip ako na dapat may RH bill na na-aprub...
paano pa kaya sa charity patients namin...

oo nga. pero yung charity sa amin, most of them talagang pang-charity naman talaga. hehe. although meron din talaga ibang wa-is na nagpapacharity kahit may kaya naman. :-)