Questions on Protestantism...

Started by ctan, November 23, 2010, 11:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Maybe non-Roman Catholic members can answer your questions. :-)

ctan, curious lang, are you a protestant?

wow! sosyal! db pang-kanong religion yan? c Martin Luther ang foundeer nyo d ba?

If you can summarize the main differences between Roman Catholicism and Protestantism in just two points, what are those two?

protestantism simply avoid too much symbols to the point that even the significant ones were deleted like the sign of the cross...too much veneration to mother mary is also another difference

^^ db puro "Mama Mary" din ang mga catholics?

Protestants from the root word "protest". They protest the catholic faith during the dark ages/middle ages. No difference with reformists.

for me, it is a better Religion than Catholics because they reformed some things unacceptable in the Christian faith during those times and up to now, it is still existing and growing. It's like they just improve it for the better  :D

protestant b ang latter day saints?

Protestant = Mormons?

Quote from: marvinofthefaintsmile on November 24, 2010, 03:01:28 PM
protestant b ang latter day saints?

Protestant = Mormons?

I dont think so. Ang Mormons is a branch of Later Day Saints na nabuo later part na ng civilization during the 1800s very far from the middle ages 1400-1500. They can be called restorationist kc they restore the Christian faith.

^^ bat ang yayaman ng mga latter day saints?

Quote from: ctan on November 24, 2010, 09:56:46 AM
Yup

what particular religion? diba broad ito? Broad as in maraming iba't ibang churces within?

I'm from one of the groups who adhere to John Wesley's theological teachings. Hehe!

Ah hindi. John Wesley was an Arminian. :-) I'm a Methodist.