Interesting Reads on Philosophy

Started by carpediem, November 26, 2010, 11:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Let us share interesting stuff on philosophy. Post links to articles, quotes, messages, sites that are philosophically interesting. Also share titles of books, documentaries, movies, etc.

Discussions are welcome, but please do not post topics that veer too far away. We may have other threads for those.

The Little Prince is a philosophical book, am I right? Hehehe!

I guess. Narinig ko pero di ko pa nababasa. How is it?

Para siyang pang children's book. Pero it has a lot of meaning to it. I have to review it, nung highschool ko pa binasa yun. Hehehe!

I believe yung Art of War ay isa ring philosophical book.

^ Yup. "Know thy enemy and know thyself."

Quote from: carpediem on December 13, 2010, 04:32:39 PM
"If you meet the Buddha, kill him."

Related to this quote, and also to Art of War, is the book Tao Te Ching -

"The tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao."

Quote from: Kilo 1000 on December 15, 2010, 09:29:32 AM
I read both on a comic book. I swear!!
They're both available in national bookstore.

Eto ba yung kay Pooh? The Tao of Pooh I've seen from the bookstore, pero Art of War parang wala.

Quote from: Mr.Yos0 on December 15, 2010, 12:54:45 AM
How about I Ching?

Although it's also a classical Chinese book, I Ching is more of Taoist mysticism, so I wouldn't consider as philosophy.

just read any introduction to Philsophy books. I love reading these during college years. nagging aware ka sa iba't ibang philosophies at philosophers sa mundo.

OT: Kaya siguro dumadami mga pilosopo na pinoys hehehe

For those who like science fiction:

The Last Question by Isaac Asimov © 1956
http://www.multivax.com/last_question.html

"This is by far my favorite story of all those I have written.

After all, I undertook to tell several trillion years of human history in the space of a short story and I leave it to you as to how well I succeeded. I also undertook another task, but I won't tell you what that was lest l spoil the story for you.

It is a curious fact that innumerable readers have asked me if I wrote this story. They seem never to remember the title of the story or (for sure) the author, except for the vague thought it might be me. But, of course, they never forget the story itself especially the ending. The idea seems to drown out everything -- and I'm satisfied that it should." --Isaac Asimov

Isaac Asimov? familiar siya... siya ba yung sa I, Robot?