work, work, work!

Started by carpediem, December 06, 2010, 12:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Guys ano bang minimum wage ng isang beginner na web developer at san maganda mag-work dito sa Philippines? Mag aapply kasi ako this February. Isa pa lang inapplyan ko sa accenture, pumasa  ako sa job exam nila kaso di ako nakahabol sa interview, bad trip exams din kasi namin sa school. For back-end I'm used to PHP and SQL. I also do front-ends like JavaScript/AJAX, CSS and HTML of course @_@. I'm also knowledgeable in making Flash animations, Image editing, video editing using Adobe Flash, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Premiere respectively.

Any tips sa mga IT jan? hehehe

Wages vary widely, depending on your job and the company. I don't know what is the minimum for a newbie "generic" web developer nowadays. I think probably around 15k.

Seems like marami kang alam sa front end. If you have a good artistic sense you may want to be a designer, although it won't get you far except in rare cases.

To be a developer, you'll need to know more than just PHP and SQL. SQL is a must and is used practically everywhere, so you need to be good at it. PHP is hip, but it won't help you much in getting corporate jobs, because large companies usually look for skills on "enterprise-y" languages like Java and .Net. Other languages that you might want to learn are those new generation of cool languages like Python and Ruby.

You may also try freelancing, although it is not for everyone.

Nag aral na din ako ng Java and .NET but I didn't like them. Kung kaylangan talaga siya sa corporate world then I guess I'll have my self study anew =)

Thanks carpediem  :) Anong position mo sa company niyo? Are you into programming din?

That's understandable. Java and .NET are not "fun" languages, especially if you know or come from dynamic languages like PHP, Python, or Ruby.

I'd like to point out that knowing a language is not as important as knowing how to solve problems, and how to acquire skills in new languages and tools.

Me, I'm not a web programmer. I do more of the back-end in my job, and sometimes all around stuff. :)

work work work

kahit christmas

My answer to HItad's questions:
Guys ano bang minimum wage ng isang beginner na web developer at san maganda mag-work dito sa Philippines? - 10-15K depende sa company po yan.

I am a web application developer. I am more into code programming. :)
Regarding sa skills, you have to be knowledgeable in different programming languages. Hindi pede yung attitude na hindi ko kasi trip yung ganitong language. If you are a programmer, you need to be flexible. Hindi ikaw ang pakikibagayan ng company, kung hindi ikaw ang makikibagay sa company. :)
Kung hindi mo talaga trip na magaral ng ibang language, tama yung sinabi ni Carpediem, magfree lance ka. Marami dyang nagpapagawa ng mga web site na hinohost sa mga free hosting server. Or tambay ka lang sa mga colleges or university, marami dyang sa sobrang kadesperaduhan ay nagpapagawa sa mga freelance programmer ng thesis or projects nila.

A bit of advice, kung gusto mong maging successful programmer or IT, you have the attitude of learner. In IT, there is no such thing as permanent, as technology progress, our knowledge should also progress. :)

Quote from: angelo on December 22, 2010, 03:16:56 PM
lipatan na ng work by Jan!

resignation ba ito?

or business venture?

Quote from: maykel on December 26, 2010, 06:06:11 PM
My answer to HItad's questions:
Guys ano bang minimum wage ng isang beginner na web developer at san maganda mag-work dito sa Philippines? - 10-15K depende sa company po yan.

I am a web application developer. I am more into code programming. :)
Regarding sa skills, you have to be knowledgeable in different programming languages. Hindi pede yung attitude na hindi ko kasi trip yung ganitong language. If you are a programmer, you need to be flexible. Hindi ikaw ang pakikibagayan ng company, kung hindi ikaw ang makikibagay sa company. :)
Kung hindi mo talaga trip na magaral ng ibang language, tama yung sinabi ni Carpediem, magfree lance ka. Marami dyang nagpapagawa ng mga web site na hinohost sa mga free hosting server. Or tambay ka lang sa mga colleges or university, marami dyang sa sobrang kadesperaduhan ay nagpapagawa sa mga freelance programmer ng thesis or projects nila.

A bit of advice, kung gusto mong maging successful programmer or IT, you have the attitude of learner. In IT, there is no such thing as permanent, as technology progress, our knowledge should also progress. :)

Thanks for the pieces of advice maykel. Yeah I'm always fluid for the benefit of everyone, I won't jeopardize any company just because of my own personal preferences.  I also have to disregard the  statements I emphasized above since it's illegal against my will, I want to work on the positive side. If ever I will do that, it will not cost anything. I've even worked for my school's website and other's theses free of charge :)

I apologize for the statement that you highlighted. :)

Question po. :)

Ano yung mga reason nyo ng nagdecide na kayong lumipat ng company?

Nagrereflect kasi ako ngayon. salamat.. :)

Survey says the number 1 reason people quit their job is because of their boss.

Quote from: fox69 on January 03, 2011, 09:02:05 PM
in my case, i want my boss instead to resign after we ( me and my
co-teachers ) makes his life like hell with our coordinated "attacks" ;D
may nakikita ka na ba na improvement?

to be honest eh lately eh hindi na ako nageenjoy. naghahanap lang ako ng reason for me to stay...