Daily Bible Verse

Started by maykel, January 18, 2011, 09:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
John 8:31-32

To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Today's Scripture Reading: Mark 8:31-38
Jesus Predicts His Death
31 He then began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again. 32 He spoke plainly about this, and Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him.

33 But when Jesus turned and looked at his disciples, he rebuked Peter. "Get behind me, Satan!" he said. "You do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns."
The Way of the Cross
34 Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 35 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it. 36 What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? 37 Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? 38 If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels."

Today's Quote

Let nothing disturb thee;
Let nothing dismay thee:
All thing pass;
God never changes.
Patience attains
All that it strives for.
He who has God
Finds he lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.

-- "Poem IX," from the Complete Works St. Teresa of Avila (1963) Vol. 3, edited by E. Allison Peers

v34 says take up the cross and follow me... have you taken yours lately or are we the one who become the cross to others?   humility is the key

Today's Verse
On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.
— John 20:19 (NIV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...
"Overjoyed" would be an understatement! After having every dream shattered, now they share the unspeakable joy of seeing what was not possible and experiencing what was unthinkable. The power available to them is now unlimited and their future is without boundary. Jesus, their Teacher, is Lord of all and their future is in his hands.
My Prayer...
I praise you, O mighty God, for raising Jesus from the dead and for the assurance that I will one day be with you and with all those who love you. Thank you for doing what is not possible and giving me faith in what is unimaginable. Please use this power to conform my character to your will and to the example of Christ. In Christ Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

1 John 3:16

Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Today's Verse
Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
— Romans 12:9 (NIV)
Thoughts on Today's Verse...
Genuine love involves hate. Genuine love means that we hate evil. We detest its creeping into our hearts and ruining our relationships. We abhor its effects on those we love. We are repelled by the eternal destruction it causes in those whose lives are tender, or weak, or wavering. So the very best thing we can do for those we love is to cling to what is good and stay far away from evil and wickedness.

Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. 25 Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life. ...John 12:24

Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
--Joshua 1:9 (NIV)

Remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers" (Deuteronomy 8:18 NIV).

I am not worthy of God's steadfast love and faithfulness yet He has blessed me greatly.
Genesis 32:10

my reflection on this: although we are not worthy of anything, He is gracious to bless us. Nahiya tuloy ako sa mga pinaggagagawa ko last time...

Thank you Lord!

Quote from: noyskie on April 28, 2011, 07:33:42 PM
I am not worthy of God's steadfast love and faithfulness yet He has blessed me greatly.
Genesis 32:10

my reflection on this: although we are not worthy of anything, He is gracious to bless us. Nahiya tuloy ako sa mga pinaggagagawa ko last time...

Thank you Lord!

nakakakonsensya ano???...
yung billboard nga sa shaw nahihiya ako
at yumuyuko ako ang nakalagay..

Talk to me...

God.....

bad ko talaga..I'm not worthy..

pero full of grace naman si God, Welcome ka pa rin sa Kanya kahit ano mangyari... ;D

I know pero kung iisipin natin...tinanggap na nga nya tayo
nakakagawa pa rin tayo ng kasalanan nakakahiya hehehe...

Ephesians 5:15-16

Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.

Job 19:25

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: