Travel Guide: Iloilo City

Started by ctan, March 22, 2011, 05:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
For those who'd like to travel to Iloilo City, this will be your source of additional information with regards to anything you are interested with. :-)

For those living in Iloilo City, share what you know (ie. Going to/around Iloilo City, foods, shopping, leisure, etc). :-)

Don't just copy and paste links. Share what you know based from first-hand experiences. :-)

Most of the Places you can visit in Iloilo are Historical Sites like it's churches and the old houses.

But if you like nature, you can go visit:

Maestranza in Dingle(Caves)
Tinagong Dagat of Lambunao(Lake and it also has a waterfalls)
Sicogon Island of Carles (Obviously a Beach)
Guimaras(Again for the beach and it's sweet mangoes)
Little Bagiuo of Leon (If you like trekking and the water falls)

If you like festivals, visit Iloilo by January around it's third week and you'll have great and fun weekend. Kasadyahan will start it on the Saturday evening followed by pageants and street parties. Followed by the main scene, Dinagyang; afterwhich another unending street parties.

i've been to iloilo city 2007, back in the time when the old airport is still being utilized.   from there we went to bacolod and guimaras. anyway, i am now interested in going to sicogon island. to people who have been to sicogon, what can you say about the island? is it really nice? are there decent resorts around the area? to what place can you compare it?  how do i exactly go there?

Quote from: incognito on March 24, 2011, 10:26:27 AM
i've been to iloilo city 2007, back in the time when the old airport is still being utilized.   from there we went to bacolod and guimaras. anyway, i am now interested in going to sicogon island. to people who have been to sicogon, what can you say about the island? is it really nice? are there decent resorts around the area? to what place can you compare it?  how do i exactly go there?

It was 2006 when I went there. Sicogon is boracay without the bars and resort. We rode a bus going to estancia then a boat ride to the island. Basically the people there rely on electric generator for electricity. It was a famous tourist spot even before Boracay but the resorts there were ruined by a typhoon(I'm not sure). The island actually has a runway for airplanes.

Last year 2010, I heard that someones planning to reopen the Island.

puro kain ang ginagawa ko sa iloilo. grabe laging busog.
NAMIT!

Ano ba talaga ibig sabihin ng NAMIT? Masarap ba?

Nung nagpunta ako dun last year, kumain kami sa KANSI HOUSE. Basta, yung kainan ay lumang bahay pero resto siya. Hehehe. Masarap! :-)

Quote from: fox69 on April 13, 2011, 02:45:04 PM
^^^ ang alam ko, NAMIT means YUMMY :P :P :P

Hahaha. the word preference is really YUMMY ha. Hehehehe!

hahaha...

di ko sure kung anagram ang term dito pero common expression namin.

"TI MAN... ...NAMIT?"

literal translation: "buti nga... ...sarap?"