Anong Natutunan Ko Ngayong Araw?!

Started by ValCaskett, March 30, 2011, 02:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
It was superOSM!

Wait what? you're proud that you're gay even if you're not gay? hmmn. baka naman what you meant is queer. Queer doesn't necessarily mean na you belong to the LGBT, and being LBGT doesn't mean you're queer. (I learned this with LGBT Psych) You could rephrase that as "being proud of being queer but not gay." -- I also consider myself as this, though it's quite misunderstood by many.

Queer!

Ah, do we really have to use that word? It's trouble. Every gay person has his or her own take on it. For some it means strange and eccentric and kind of mysterious. That's okay; we like that. But some gay girls and boys don't. They think they're more normal than strange. And for others "queer" conjures up those awful memories of adolescent suffering. Queer. It's forcibly bittersweet and quaint at best - weakening and painful at worst. Couldn't we just use "gay" instead? It's a much brighter word. And isn't it synonymous with "happy"? When will you militants grow up and get over the novelty of being different?

Why Queer ...

Well, yes, "gay" is great. It has its place. But when a lot of lesbians and gay men wake up in the morning we feel angry and disgusted, not gay. So we've chosen to call ourselves queer. Using "queer" is a way of reminding us how we are perceived by the rest of the world. It's a way of telling ourselves we don't have to be witty and charming people who keep our lives discreet and marginalized in the straight world. We use queer as gay men loving lesbians and lesbians loving being queer. Queer, unlike gay, doesn't mean male.

And when spoken to other gays and lesbians it's a way of suggesting we close ranks, and forget (temporarily) our individual differences because we face a more insidious common enemy. Yeah, queer can be a rough word but it is also a sly and ironic weapon we can steal from the homophobe's hands and use against him.

copied form The Queer Nation Manifesto

I like watching "Queer Eye" because I learn a lot from it ranging from grooming, wine etiquette, fashion, lifestyle, home decoration and so on. Besides... I value knowledge a lot...

backhand and forehand grips ng tennis.

Natutunan ko sa Wakeboard activity kahapon...
"Ang wakeboarding ay parang pag-ibig, when you need to let go, let go" hahaha.

Quote from: sayonara on July 22, 2013, 08:58:32 AM
backhand and forehand grips ng tennis.

prng iba ang naiisip ko dito..

still trying to control my temper...

How to deal with 400 kids. (they were divided into groups tho. So that we can handle them properly. Take note there's only 15 of us) Had to be patient as well as approachable. It was fun coaching them and teaching them a new sport.

@zitro and superosdommi, good job! masaya yan

That my Outlook 2003 is messing up my signature pics. They're needed for the office.

i must be a responsible student leader esp in student council haha-ayan ang natutunan ko this day