I want to be a Model!

Started by judE_Law, March 30, 2011, 11:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I am not a Professional Model, i hope this topic will not raise eyebrows..
But, i do hope na makatulong ako at yung iba pang PGG members kahit na sa basic things lang na you need to know about Modelling.
Modeling is as much about looks as it is the personality..
You have to know yourself, know what you look like and change perceived emotions on demand. These first you can do in front of a mirror daily.
Training in dance, speech, stage, singing and acting never hurts. From grammar school through college there are arts programs available. Even adult can often find a community center where they can get some basic arts training at low cost. Hindi niyo kailangang mag-enroll sa mga mamahaling workshops.
You need to know na hindi mo rin  kakayaning mag-isa lang ito.. Find a photographer near you who needs as much practice as you do, or kahit friend mo lang na mahilig magtake ng pictures.
Form a good rapport and a professionally cordial working relationship and you can critique and improve each other as a team. Use this to find your best looks, memorize poses and expressions and develop your style.
Let everyone know you are available for modeling. You have to advertise! To everyone! No if, ands or buts. If you are too embarrassed about modeling to let your friends and family know, then you will never be a model. You have to promote yourself without reservation if you want the right people to see you.

Go to the right places. Where is the marketing action in your town? Where do the business owners and money people hang out and party? What are the advertising agencies looking for? TV? Event promoters? You have to put yourself among these people to get there attention.
If your well-off or you really want to pursue Modelling, i know some studios na may membership fees na pwedeng magpa-photo shoot ka na todo aayusan ka with props and make-up and photo editing... the good thing is mayroong mga advertiser na doon kumukuha ng mga talents.
Okay, tuloy tayo.. Remember that one 'no' or one hundred 'no's' is not a failure. You are a salesman. Any salesman will tell you that for every sale he made, he lost dozens or hundreds more. That is the way it goes. If you cannot take rejection, you will fail.

Modeling is not for everyone. But one thing is certain: if you do not  try, you cannot succeed.
If your not naman interested of becoming a professional Model and you just want to strut those nice stuff you have.. just be confident lang with everything you wear.., gaya ng madalas ipayo.. 'wag ipilit yung sa tingin mong hindi mo kayang dalhin. ;)

Sensiya na medyo mahaba.. pero i hope may naitulong ako. :D

Print, ramp or commercial model?

I dreamt of becoming a model.. pero,, haha.. my bodu says magpapayat ka muna.. haha

Quote from: junjaporms on March 31, 2011, 01:02:15 AM
mahirap maging model kasi need mo maging perfect mula ulo hanggang paa.. though meron din naman models na ordinaryong tao lang, pang-masa ang dating depende sa produktong binebenta

yeap! depende talaga sa produkto junjap. at depende rin sa advertiser kung ano hanap nila. ;)

Very informative post, Jude.

I used to want to be a model (visual/ramp). Mainly because people tell me I look the part. I considered it, but in the end I didn't think it was worth the effort.

^thanks Luc. teka, anong nakapag-paisip sayo para hindi mo ituloy?

Di naman ako ganyan ka tall and good-looking. Average lang. Mas marami pa'ng mga tao na mas deserving kesa sa akin. Di ko rin kaya maging sobrang vain. Magiging high maintenance ako nyan.

^hehe.. isa nga rin yan sa dapat paghandaan ng mga nais maging model.. "high maintenance", pero hindi naman talaga totally about looks.. more on sa lakas ng appeal.

^Yun nga, ewan ko parang wala akong appeal :P Pero yun first ko nakikita results ng pag-woworkout ko, nai-kukumpara ko sarili ko sa ibang mga models. It's now a habit I'm trying to get rid of :D

^yun ang mahirap.. yung ikukumpara natin yung sarili natin sa iba.. although hindi maiiwasa magkumpara, kailangan lang isipin din na lahat tayo unique, at doon tayo dapat magconcentrate kung ano meron tayo na wala sa iba. hehehe..

i am a model in my own right.

pak!

Quote from: Jon on April 04, 2011, 05:19:53 PM

pak!

ayun yun eh!
dapat talaga confident ka!

Quote from: judE_Law on April 04, 2011, 09:52:57 PM
Quote from: Jon on April 04, 2011, 05:19:53 PM

pak!

ayun yun eh!