Kaleidoscope World (ctan's random musings)

Started by ctan, April 13, 2011, 01:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: ctan on June 23, 2011, 07:45:45 AM
Quote from: MaRfZ on June 23, 2011, 01:24:52 AM
bakit kaya ganun kuya caloy..

Kahit na yun ibang tao may sa kasalanan saken, ako pa din yun nagsosorry..
at saka ako na lang lagi yun may concern sa nararamdaman ng ibang tao, bakit hindi sila naman yun maging concern sa nararamdaman ko.. :(

sorry kuya, dito ko to napost.. random thoughts ko pero gusto ko lang dito ipost sa thread mo kuya..

hi paul! naku, it's okay to post things/thoughts such as that here sa thread. :-)

hmmm.... i think it's because you are more responsible paul. you know that when there's conflict, you have to mend what needs to be mended. and so you initiate it by saying sorry to people who have offended you. to whom much (knowledge, learning, values, etc) is given, much is required.

but i also understand your predicament. sometimes, we all get tired of wooing people, of encouraging people, of reaching out to people. we all the more get exhausted when after you've all that, you realize they respond little. sometimes you see them not appreciating your efforts, sometimes even to the point of abusing your goodness by overlooking beyond your generous disposition and shrugs off your emotional status. all i can say is, take time to recuperate inner strength by being alone with God - the source of all the strength that we need to get by with life's everyday challenges.

your feelings are not different from a happy person who is always overlooked. they say that the happy people are those who do not fit in to unhappy and grim countenances. yet i believe that the happy people are the world's loneliest people. because happy people are more likely to put on a facade. i hope that people would somehow validate the sadness of a happy person. and the best way to do that is not to pity them, but to affirm their existence and appreciate all efforts they do.

i don't know if i still make sense. i hope you're getting better paul. God bless you!

thanks dito kuya!
medyo nahihirapan lang kasi ko sa ganitong feeling, gaya nga ng sabi ko, concern na lang ako lagi sa pakiramdam ng ibang tao. ayun.

My lola is admitted now sa ICU ng Veterans... :'c multi-organ failure na... pls pray...

haaay... she's my only biological lola alive...  but i think it's her time to go now...

Quote from: ctan on June 24, 2011, 08:57:45 PM
My lola is admitted now sa ICU ng Veterans... :'c multi-organ failure na... pls pray...

sorry to hear bout your lola's condition doc...
isasama ko siya sa panalangin ko.

kuya caloy, be strong. :)
at sana eh ayos ka na. wala ka na dun sa dark place na sinasabi mo

Be strong and keep the faith Kuya!
Andito lang kami!

OF WALKING AND FRIENDSHIP
by ctan (063007)

Walking has always been my haven each time I am emotionally urged to think over things that happen in my life, a.k.a. the hustles and bustles of life. When I walk, I get to see little things... things that might be trivial to some people yet for me have proven to be profound in some ways. From these detailed observations of my surroundings, I gain insights about myself, about people around me, about my life experiences, and about life in general.

One theme that came up during my latest "walking session" was about friendship. I realized that it is true that friendship is universal. Many of us have known or experienced the satisfaction, security and benefits of good friendships. Many of us have also known people who we thought were friends, only to have them betray us, hurt us, or disappoint us. And if we were brutally honest with ourselves, most of us would have to admit that at sometime in our lives, we too have betrayed, hurt or disappointed our friends.

One very interesting aspect about friendship that I've thought about concerns with two words: having and being... that is, having a friend and being a friend. The difference in perspective is paramount. When I'm concerned with having friends, my focus is on myself and my own needs. But when my desire is to be a friend, I'm thinking about other people -- I'm thinking about how I could be caring and how I could love them more than myself.

I remember a passage in the Bible in Proverbs 17:17. It says, "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity." This verse gave me three realizations. First, a friend is someone who continues to love, and to show that love, whatever the circumstances. Second, a friend is born for adversity... not his or her adversity, but mine. In other words, a test of a friend is whether or not he or she is there for you in the bad times, the tough times. Third, a friend is like a brother... parang death, you can never get rid of him. Sometimes it's tough to be a friend. But a real friend does not shy away from the abrasiveness that comes from rubbing iron against iron, as Proverbs 27:17 describes it. Though it may grate on our nerves, we have to take a risk and hope that our friend of today will still be our friend tomorrow.

I so admire David and Jonathan's friendship as recorded in the Bible. Jonathan loved David as himself. He risked his very life to be David's friend. We read: "Jonathan got up from the table in fierce anger; that second day of the month he did not eat, because he was grieved at his father's shameful treatment of David. In the morning Jonathan went out to the field for his meeting with David. . . . Then they kissed each other and wept together—but David wept the most. Jonathan said to David, "Go in peace, for we have sworn friendship with each other in the name of the Lord, saying, 'The Lord is witness between you and me, and between your descendants and my descendants forever'" (1 Samuel 20:34-35, 41-42). Later, when Jonathan was killed in battle with the Philistines, David lamented his passing: "I grieve for you, Jonathan my brother; you were very dear to me. Your love for me was wonderful, more wonderful than that of women" (2 Samuel 1:26).

Few are people blessed with such committed friendship. And that's what I wish for in every friendship I am involved with... Friendship is not a flippant relationship. It is consistent and unfailing love. Walang iwanan!

^^ pero hindi siya mukhang pulubi. hahaha!