Kaleidoscope World (ctan's random musings)

Started by ctan, April 13, 2011, 01:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
@pong, di naman masungit yan. :-)

@vir, hahaha. thanks!

hi jong! daan lang! hehehehe!

another day dito sa clinic. :-) sarap may internet. hehehe!

♫ Sa may bahay, ang aming bati
Merry Christmas' na maluwalhati
Ang pag-ibig ang siyang naghari
Araw-araw ay magiging Paskong lagi
Ang sanhi po ng pagparito
Hihingi po ng aginaldo
Kung sakali't kami'y perwisyo
Pasensiya na kayo't kami'y namamasko. ♫

♫We wish you a Merry Christmas
We wish you a Merry Christmas
We wish you a Merry Christmas
..and a Happy New Year♫

Merry Christmas po!

♪Thank you! Thank you! ang _____________ ninyo, Thank you!♪

may nangaroling pala dito. pacensya nagbakasyon ang may ari... hahaha!

waha ak pangaroling din...

and so this is christmas..and waht have you done..another year over ...tsk ano na kasunod...

One young academically excellent person went to apply for a managerial position in a big company. He passed all interviews with ease and now reached the very last interview wherein the company's chairman conducted the interview himself and who would make the final decision.

The chairman realized from the resume that the youth's academic results were excellent all the way, from secondary school all the way up to postgraduate research. There was never a year did he not score an award or honors.

The chairman asked, "Did you obtain any scholarship in school?" and the youth answered "none".

The chairman asked further, "Is it your father who paid for your school fees?"

The youth answered, "My father passed away when I was one year old. It was my mother who paid for my school fees."

The chairman then asked, "Where did your mother work?"

The young academic answered, "My mother worked as a clothes-cleaner."

The chairman then asked for the youth's hands upon which the youth showed a pair of smooth and perfect hands to the chairman.

The chairman continued, "Did you ever help your mother wash clothes before?"

To which the youth responded, "No, never. My mother always wanted me to study and read more books. Besides, my mother washes clothes faster than I.

The chairman then concluded, "I have a request. When you go back today, go and help clean your mother's hands. And then, see me tomorrow morning."

The youth left feeling confident that he would land the job. When he reached home, he happily and eagerly wanted to complete his task and asked his mother for her hands.

The mother felt very strange, happy, but also felt a mixed emotion of fear. Nevertheless, she hesitantly showed her hands to the son.

The young academic cleaned his mother's hands slowly, and as he did, his tears started to slowly drop down his cheeks. It was the first time he realized how wrinkled his mother's hands were, with so many blisters and bruises on both hands. Some of the wounds incited twinges of pain so sudden that the mother shivered when water washed upon them.

This was the very first time the young, accomplished academician realized and experienced that it was this very pair of hands that washed clothes every day to earn him for him his school fees; his mother's badly bruised and worn out pair of hands was the price the mother paid for to get him to achieve academic excellence, to graduate, and perhaps prepare him for his future.

After finishing the cleaning of his mother's hands, the youth quietly washed all the remaining clothes for his mother.

That night, mother and son talked for a very long time.

The next morning, the youth proceeded to the chairman's office. The chairman noticed the young man's tear-swollen eyes and asked: "Can you tell me what you have accomplished and learned at home yesterday?"

The youth answered, "I cleaned my mother's hand and also finished washing all the remaining clothes she left behind."

The chairman the asked, "Please explain to me what you felt."

The youth explained, "First, I learned what is appreciation; without my mother, there would not be the successful me today. Second, I learned how to work together with my mom. It was only then did I realize how difficult and tough it is to get her work done. Lastly, I felt the importance and the value of a true family relationship.

The chairman, satisfied with the young man's new learned knowledge, enlighten him, "This is what I am asking. I want to recruit a person that can appreciate the help of others, a person who knows the suffering of others to get thing done, and a person that would not put money as his only goal in life. You are hired.

kelangan ipost sa lahat ng website? hehehe! nice story... =)

Quote from: ctan on February 14, 2012, 08:32:52 PM
One young academically excellent person went to apply for a managerial position in a big company. He passed all interviews with ease and now reached the very last interview wherein the company's chairman conducted the interview himself and who would make the final decision.

The chairman realized from the resume that the youth's academic results were excellent all the way, from secondary school all the way up to postgraduate research. There was never a year did he not score an award or honors.

The chairman asked, "Did you obtain any scholarship in school?" and the youth answered "none".

The chairman asked further, "Is it your father who paid for your school fees?"

The youth answered, "My father passed away when I was one year old. It was my mother who paid for my school fees."

The chairman then asked, "Where did your mother work?"

The young academic answered, "My mother worked as a clothes-cleaner."

The chairman then asked for the youth's hands upon which the youth showed a pair of smooth and perfect hands to the chairman.

The chairman continued, "Did you ever help your mother wash clothes before?"

To which the youth responded, "No, never. My mother always wanted me to study and read more books. Besides, my mother washes clothes faster than I.

The chairman then concluded, "I have a request. When you go back today, go and help clean your mother's hands. And then, see me tomorrow morning."

The youth left feeling confident that he would land the job. When he reached home, he happily and eagerly wanted to complete his task and asked his mother for her hands.

The mother felt very strange, happy, but also felt a mixed emotion of fear. Nevertheless, she hesitantly showed her hands to the son.

The young academic cleaned his mother's hands slowly, and as he did, his tears started to slowly drop down his cheeks. It was the first time he realized how wrinkled his mother's hands were, with so many blisters and bruises on both hands. Some of the wounds incited twinges of pain so sudden that the mother shivered when water washed upon them.

This was the very first time the young, accomplished academician realized and experienced that it was this very pair of hands that washed clothes every day to earn him for him his school fees; his mother's badly bruised and worn out pair of hands was the price the mother paid for to get him to achieve academic excellence, to graduate, and perhaps prepare him for his future.

After finishing the cleaning of his mother's hands, the youth quietly washed all the remaining clothes for his mother.

That night, mother and son talked for a very long time.

The next morning, the youth proceeded to the chairman's office. The chairman noticed the young man's tear-swollen eyes and asked: "Can you tell me what you have accomplished and learned at home yesterday?"

The youth answered, "I cleaned my mother's hand and also finished washing all the remaining clothes she left behind."

The chairman the asked, "Please explain to me what you felt."

The youth explained, "First, I learned what is appreciation; without my mother, there would not be the successful me today. Second, I learned how to work together with my mom. It was only then did I realize how difficult and tough it is to get her work done. Lastly, I felt the importance and the value of a true family relationship.

The chairman, satisfied with the young man's new learned knowledge, enlighten him, "This is what I am asking. I want to recruit a person that can appreciate the help of others, a person who knows the suffering of others to get thing done, and a person that would not put money as his only goal in life. You are hired.

yesss nagbabalik si doc... touching article but more of inspiring...remember the times when i told my mom to stop working as housemaid just to finance my tuition... id rather work than to see her sacrificing that way...