Usapang Budget

Started by Chris, May 22, 2011, 10:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
How do you save? How do you manage your money? Do you invest?

This thread is a discussion on making the most out of your money :)

i save to splurge. hehehe.
but starting late last year, i have started investing. =)

budget tips?
establish restraints that will not allow you to touch on your savings.

may spreadsheet ako ng expenses, savings account, investment account etc.

bale, based on my salary, allocated lahat ng expected expenses ko and savings saka 10% miscellaneous (mga unplanned expenses) at 5% emergency fund. dapat, ang mga unused emergency & misc funds ko ay mapupunta sa savings, pero inuubos ko pambili ng kung anu ano, hehe. basta everything must be accounted for, upto the last peso, everyday. mejo OA sya, pero it works for me. ang hindi ko pa lang naaayos eh kung paano mag-pivot table para meron akong yearly graphs para mas maging malinaw kung saan napupunta yung pera ko, and how to cut future cost.

may mutual fund ako at balanced fund. okay naman sya. mga 7% na yung kinita, ;)

I also have a spreadsheet that's updated with my daily expenses.
Also, during paydays, I immediately do fund transfer to my CA for my investment (property).
This serves as my forced savings :)

I also try to allocate at least 20% to savings (for liquidity). I'm planning to do online trading (eg, Citibank) by the end of the year.

I try to minimize eating in fancy restuarants and after-office gimmicks.

I guess it has something to do with having a mature outlook in life, and how to prepare for retirement even at a young age :)

How about you Sir Chris, how do you manage your money?

I budget every half of the year..

My budget looks like this.

Best Friend: P1
Burger Cat: P500
Family: P5,000.
Friends: P10,000.
Myself: PX,XXX,XXX.

ahahaha ako gastos lang gastos highschool life kasi  ;D ;D ;D
pero minsan na iisip ko na sayang ung ibang pera,kaya minsan i save din naman
to buy what i wan't,hehe,

Meron ako mind setting ng Wants and Needs. Kung ano ang dapat i-prioritize. Saka dapat lagi tipid, tipid, tipid. ;D

i should learn how to budget. i usually overspend.

Quote from: incognito on May 23, 2011, 03:00:55 PM
i should learn how to budget. i usually overspend.

wow...buti ka nga incognito may mao-overspend eh hehehe...
ako wala na talaga hehehe...I need to borrow money na naman...
hay...!!!hehehe...

Quote from: Chris on May 22, 2011, 10:38:34 PM
How do you save? How do you manage your money? Do you invest?

This thread is a discussion on making the most out of your money :)

I don't save pero tulad ni niceako I invest in car and property - forced savings after no. of years  ;D

so yung natitirang pera is for my luho na  ;D

Quote from: niceako on May 23, 2011, 10:09:46 AM

I try to minimize eating in fancy restuarants and after-office gimmicks.

this kills me a lot.

but thanks to the new service of my bank, it can release money on  a pre-arranged schedule. its like back to elementary days, getting allowance on a weekly basis. thats all i can spend. (everything is treated as expense, bonus na lang if i get to save some from the allowance money)

^^ hehe it'll be difficult if you've been accustomed to this lifestyle...

I've had my shares of endless lunchouts/dinners, but then again, learned that it'll be better to save and just do this once or twice a month.

Which bank offers pala that kind of service?

the lesson i learned yesterday. Many money, many gastos! haaay. babalik na siguro ako sa pagiging kuripot.

pano ako nagsa-save ng pera...

iniipon ko mga 5's and 10's na coins. pag meron na ko nun sa bulsa ko, di ko na ginagastos. magllabas na ko ng 20 or so. gagastusin ko lang pag wala na talaga akong pera. at the end of the day, nilalagay ko sa coin case. ganun ginagawa ko para walang pressure. kung ano ang maiipon ko in one month, dinedeposit ko agad sa savings ko for future investments

as for credit cards, sobrang bihira lang ako gumamit. pang emergency lang talaga

I've been doing this since college, sa ngayon nasa 6 digits na ang savings ko

eto ang weakness ko. hindi ako marunong magbudget. :(