Forum BAN

Started by Chris, August 03, 2011, 12:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So it seems that sometimes diplomacy doesn't work. That's terribly sad.

I'm sorry but aside from spammers, I have no choice but to ban users who drive the majority of other users out of this forum. The purpose of this forum is to provide relevant and useful information for guys. It's also a venue where guys help out one another.

This is NOT a place to create huge fights.

Thanks for this Boss Chris.

I sent an email to banned user(s). Please read and reply to pinoyguyguide<at> gmail <dot> com.

dumami bigla online kakapost ko palang sa FB ng pgg andami nakiki tsismis :P

si fox69 lang ba ang na-ban? bakit?  :o

the objective of the forums is to give all members information sa mga gusto nilang malaman. proper decorum is necessary, not an option, I mean compulsory.

though hindi naman maalis ang mga flamebaiters and spammers sa net, it's good that Boss Chris is on every case.

the best way is just to ignore flamebaiters.

meron kasing iba dito na basta na lang nagsasalita na hindi alam may natatamaan na sila, walang preno kung humirit or mag-criticize, or deliberately na nang-aasar ng ibang forum members, maybe due to past issues never resolved.

I'm relatively new dito sa forums, and I enjoy giving the guys my insights especially on the DCS threads. now I get criticisms every while pero that doesn't stop me, I know merong iba dyan na talagang nagbabasa and taking down notes, and critics don't matter as long as meron akong kahit isa na natutulungan.

there are a lot of forums out there, pwede nating salihan. we chose to be here, so let's be disciplined enough to follow the rules.

You'll have to make all parties involved defend themselves by presenting actual evidences to be fair. Or else banning someone (I'm not just talking about fox), will never be convincing.

Quote from: carpediem on August 03, 2011, 06:43:30 PM
You'll have to make all parties involved defend themselves by presenting actual evidences to be fair. Or else banning someone (I'm not just talking about fox), will never be convincing.

yes +1 ako dito

i respect whatever chris says....

sir if my memory serves me right ilang beses ka nang nagpaalam dito....wala namang nag force sayo sa forum na to right? so kung talagang gusto mo nang umalis o sawa ka na dito...dont make us feel guilty kasi wala namang umargabyado sayo dito..i have nothing negative to say to you even if ive read things that i dont like.. .were a people with diverse personalities and were here to blend with one another thats the only way to survive. mahirap lang talaga pag mataas ang expectations natin pero di naman talaga tayo magkakakilala personally...kaya nga may eb from time to time kasi you get to know the person well not just through his posts but the way he says things, the way he laughs ...his mannerisms , his goal in life and who he really is....what really is a forum....

An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.[1] They differ from chat rooms in that messages are at least temporarily archived. Also, depending on the access level of a user or the forum set-up, a posted message might need to be approved by a moderator before it becomes visible.

thats what we do here we exchange ideas and on the course of it we established friendship whether we agree with one another or not...Peace to you kilo1000...no goodbyes really just chill and enjoy life..

Quote from: joshgroban on August 04, 2011, 09:05:05 AM
dont make us feel guilty

Hmm... no. Actually some people who were driven out of the forum (*) are making fox appear guilty.

If you say that I am just defending fox, then so be it. I fight for people's right to defend themselves.

Let me ask, why not make all those private messages public? How many are from the accusers? How many are from the accused?

Quote from: joshgroban on August 04, 2011, 09:05:05 AM
what really is a forum....

An Internet forum is for people to exchange ideas and discuss topics, not really to make friends. (Even friendster is not for making friends.)

If someone decides to delete his account then he can freely do so, and he reserves the right to delete his own posts too (just like the mods and admin have the right to delete posts and ban accounts). Well, if people care about these posts, they could save them before they get deleted if they want.

* I would say some are just pretending to be driven out. Mind you, I'm not saying that all those who have suddenly become inactive are either driven out or pretending to be driven out. Some do have their valid reasons.

seems like this discussion has gone overboard. forum ban is a feature i never intended to use.

I have always been fair. I banned the users concerned and I sent them emails to find out what's going on because I don't rely on private messages sent to me alone. I am waiting for their replies and I'll think about what needs to be done. I hope to resolve this once and for all.

I hate to ask this but who started it anyway? It kind of bothers me that we are all grown-ups and we are fighting like kids at the forums. Sorry, but it's true.

And as always, I appreciate the fact that you are here at the site (whether you are involved or not). And to the ones not involved, I know this situation is embarrassing, so my apologies. I'm improving the quality of the forums. The forum rules are simple and easy to follow. I just don't get it why it needs to come down to this.

I do not know who and how some things started.. But based on my own experience, there were people who get offended by some posts and these people offended tend to attack tge person directly... Really pointless and it blows out of proportions.

Kaya nga everyone should be mindful sa mga binibitiwan na salita, hindi natin alam may mga nasasaktan / nasasagasaan na pala tayo sa mga sinasabi natin.

this is a forum. the point is you can always clarify and have a healthy discussion and not attack the person.