Your father

Started by ctan, October 31, 2011, 06:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
How is your relationship with your father?

I'm sharing this very inspiring video clip.

http://youtu.be/ts8F6dV_0uM

I do not know if the world is just damned, but all the people I have been close with have father issues.

I hope lahat ng magiging tatay one day dito sa PGG ay maging mabuting ama sa mga anak nila.

If there were things I hoped my father would have taught me, it will be these :

Love doesn't easily change or go away. If you think it does, ask yourself what happened, or make sure if the feeling is really gone. You might end up begging for dead-beat feelings.  Friendship, like any relationship, is a give and take process. When one fails to do his job, it dies. Don't grow too secured that someone will always be there for you that you tend to be so lackadaisical. Remember, hearts get tired too. Communication is very important; if it's gone, it's as good as letting the relationship die.

Learn to speak your mind and feelings clearly. Let other people know what you want them to know; don't wait for the time when they would not be willing to listen before you speak—you'll regret not saying those words. Sometimes, it is important that you say you love a person because humans need reminders and assurances because we each have our own insecurities. Tell them what you want them to know before it becomes too late; you'll cry forever for that.

Value even the littlest things in your life. Value not only those things you see with your eyes. The eyes are often blind; remember that the heart sees more clearly than the eyes. Be careful with people around you. Try to see those who are just there because you have something to give and those who are there because they really love you.

Be careful in handling people's feelings and don't let others play with yours. Don't let yourself be carried away by new events and transitory feelings. You might lose someone important because you tried to put new things in your life that are not worth keeping. Don't plunge yourself into self-pity; it can do nothing but hurt you more. Know what you can do and do them. Cry, but not much. Crying won't help; it'll just ease the pain but it won't solve the problem.

When you know one thing will bring about nothing but hurt, don't do it. Regrets may be hard to handle in the end. Don't assume some things would make somebody happy. Most of the times, it ends up that you hurt that person even more.

Don't let fears stop you from doing something that would make you happy. Rather, be afraid of not having what you could have had. Life is quite short for regrets, so make the most out of it. Don't run away from problems for it'll just chase you. Face it; Be a MAN. You'll get satisfaction in the end. When you make mistakes, admit it and face the consequences. Be humble.

When you are in a relationship, do your best to keep it. Don't think that letting go will always be for the better, for sometimes, it's the other way around. Don't lose your loved ones to your useless pride. Never give up on someone you love. Know when to fight and when to let go. Don't let yourself be fooled by ephemeral feelings and spur-of-the-moment thoughts.

Try to be happy with what you have; that's the secret of living life. Everything happens for a reason and sometimes, we are the reason. We get hurt at sometimes because of our own faults. Learn to know when pain is self-inflicted. Love yourself like you love other people; too much on one side is bad. Be cautious with yourself because some people would get hurt when you get hurt or when you hurt yourself; these people loves you. Don't be selfish. Make other people happy, but make yourself happy too. Pray to God always and thank Him for everything. Help yourself.

To the one who told me these things, thank you.
YMB.

My father is too perfectionist....

I don't know if I should be happy about that..... :( :( :( :( :( :'(

I wanna cry

^^ see the positive side of it. :-)

can't see it......

it has been always like that for almost 23 years of my life.......

ihahanda ko na sana ang gamit ko.... :'( :'( :'(\

good provider - check
mabait - sometimes
strict- super sobra grabe
addict/alcoholic/gambler - hindi hindi
perfectionist - diyos ata ang tatay ko...
loving - too much na siguro...sakal na ako...

:'( :'(

see yourself blessed...

- others have fathers who have already passed away
- other people have fathers, yet separated, because family is a broken family....
- other people have fathers who are physically abusive
- others have fathers who are physically present, but personally distant towards them...

consider yourself blessed...

yes I am really blessed....

that I have a very loving father...who always want me to stay inside my cage...

and never let me hurt by anyone....that's the reason why me and my siblings are really  sensitive....don't even want to mingle with anybody...and sometimes really excited to do so.....I am always like this left behind....I don't even know If I do exist in my generation..... :'( when can i live my own life....freely.... :-X

i don't like my father.

:'(

Blessed ka arthur dahil may ganyang klaseng tatay ka.. Always be thankful.  :)
Sobrang namimiss ko ang dad ko.  :(

Sana nandito lang sya kasama namin lalo na sa ganitong sitwasyon sa buhay namin. Really missing my dad.  :(

(naiyak ako habang tina-type ko ang post na ito.. )

Si papa..

sa totoo lang maraming pagkukulang sakin...mula pagkabata ko hindi ko sya kasama most of the time.. he left to work abroad when i was 8 years old at ngayon 26 na ako andun pa rin sya...almost 2 decades.

i got all the things i wanted kasi kayang kaya nya bilhin..until dumating sa time na hindi na rin mabili kasi we had financial and family problems..muntik na ako magstop sa pagaaral dahil sa prob na to...

pero kahit ganun..

i love my father so much.. :)

Quote from: arthur_allen30 on October 31, 2011, 11:56:37 PM
yes I am really blessed....

that I have a very loving father...who always want me to stay inside my cage...

and never let me hurt by anyone....that's the reason why me and my siblings are really  sensitive....don't even want to mingle with anybody...and sometimes really excited to do so.....I am always like this left behind....I don't even know If I do exist in my generation..... :'( when can i live my own life....freely.... :-X

hey arthur, we're at the same age, pero gets ko kung hinihigpitan ako ng erpats ko. although tingin ko hindi ako "in" in terms sa bilyar, pambababae, yosi, droga at iba pang kagaguhan; ramdam ko na tama yung paghihigpit sa akin.

kung ayaw ka niyang palayain, try mo siyang kausapin. eldest child ka ba? siguro it's time para makapag-decide ka na on your own. i guess overprotective siya sa iyo kasi mahal na mahal ka niya. :)

kahit sino at kaht ano pa mga tatay natin,tama cla,we should be grateful and feel blessed dahil may tatay tau..kasi maraming tao sa mundo ang lumaki na walang tatay,yung iba nga ni picture wala,ni pangalan di alam..

anyway..ako,close kami ng papa ko,he's a good provider,hindi sya strikto,sobrang sipag..kaibigan ng lahat,magaling makisama..sya yung tipong pede mo makausap about your problems and about girls..madalas nga lng kami magargue pagdating sa mga decision making,kasi lagi kami magkasalungat,eldest kasi ako so madalas ako makialam..at nakakatakot sya pag nagalit,parang nagtatransform sa pagiging werewolf..ilang beses na rin ako nakatikim ng suntok sa knya,the gud thing is after mawala yung galit nya ok na kami,parang walang nangyari..

Quote from: vir on November 01, 2011, 03:51:26 PM
ilang beses na rin ako nakatikim ng suntok sa knya,the gud thing is after mawala yung galit nya ok na kami,parang walang nangyari..

naks, ang lupet ng samahan niyo na papa mo. nung nasapak niya ako, buwan ko siya napatawad hehehe... sobrang babaw kasi eh. though, ok na sa akin yun :)