It’s more fun in the Philippines

Started by vir, January 09, 2012, 04:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Philippine Tourism released a new slogan, to replace Wow! Philippines, called "It's more fun in the Philippines."

Most netizens say it was a copycat of It's more fun in Switzerland tourism campaign. Others say that the previous slogan was better.

So, what do you think about the new Philippines tourism slogan? or

Let us give some examples or reasons why is it more fun in the Philippines.

its far more pinoy the lesser one - WOW! Philippines.

bakit kasi may periodic changes pa eh di ba kaya nga may slogan to establish identity? wala lang and besides parang mas maganda kasi yun naging effect nun wow philippines slogan nun time nya and also its an expression that anyone in the world that can relate

Quote from: enzoafterdark on January 10, 2012, 11:28:09 AM

bakit kasi may periodic changes pa eh di ba kaya nga may slogan to establish identity? wala lang and besides parang mas maganda kasi yun naging effect nun wow philippines slogan nun time nya and also its an expression that anyone in the world that can relate

i agree! bakit nga ba kailangan pang palitan?

tignan niyo tuloy ang Hong Kong... kinuha na ang titulong "Pearl of the Orient"

-----------------------------------

Hong Kong – The Pearl of the Orient
by Pavol Janovicek

The Pearl of the Orient – this nickname of Hong Kong is, perhaps, the best characteristic or definition for this Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China. By the way, the name of the city, actually, means "fragrant harbor" in English. Today, Hong Kong is one the most densely populated areas in the entire world, and this place is really a pearl or even a precious pearl, which embodies the quintessence of the culture of the Orient, its people, traditions, arts, and legacy. If you have never been to Hong Kong, let us travel there, at least virtually by means of the Internet and the gallery of Hong Kong photographs, we are displaying today at Cruzine.

complete article: http://www.cruzine.com/2011/03/10/hong-kong/

ay oo nga!

Philippines to Hong Kong: "You're nothing but a second rate, trying hard copycat!"

di naman bagay sa hong kong wala naman silang natural resources at scenic views..sa atin meron pa,yun nga lng sira sira na.. pero pano naging pearl of the orient ang puro building at establishments tulad ng Hong Kong..

Quote from: enzoafterdark on January 10, 2012, 11:28:09 AM

ako rin ok na saken yung Wow Philippines, unique, one word lng pero it says everything about the Philippines..

kaso ang sabi nila sa 8 years na ginamit daw natin ang Wow Philippines, wala maxado naging impact sa pagtaas ng tourism rate natin, meron man, sobrang liit lng ng itinaas..

sabi nga ni Anthony Taverna, wala naman daw sa slogan yan, kahit gano pa kaganda ang slogan kung di naman yun ang dadatnan ng mga turista, bale wala din..kaya sabi nya ok na yang itsmorefun, wag na baguhin..panindigan nlng ng DOT!..

^ taena di na tau ang pearl of the orient? <thanks for the info> eh i think ginamit pa ata sa speech ni gloria diaz or kung sino man sa beauty pageant yun ah..Im from the Philippines, the pearl of the orient!

^ tama sir vir..sana inayos na lang nila yun program di yun slogan sino ba niloloko nila na pag nagbago na slogan ibig sabihin ba matatakpan na yun mga kabulastugan nila. nagiisip na mga pinoy ngayon teng!

Regarding "Pearl of the Orient" - there are actually many claimants, just check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_of_the_Orient. Thing is, this kind of self proclamation means nothing without other people (foreigners) agreeing to it, and I can think of examples of many such things, like "8th Wonder", "Asia's <something>", "<something> of the Pacific", etc.

On the topic of the new DOT campaign slogan, I think it is, well, misleading. "More fun than what" is the question. They'll have to prove that it's really more fun than other countries, otherwise the slogan, however catchy, is just a blank statement. They should have started with straightening up the country first, like fixing the peace and order situation, preserving and restoring the heritage and cultural sites.

I say at least WOW Philippines doesn't attempt to compare, and is quite truthful -- places in the Philippines are really "wow". The new slogan however is just... meme-worthy.

Quote from: carpediem on January 11, 2012, 09:01:09 PM
Regarding "Pearl of the Orient" - there are actually many claimants, just check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_of_the_Orient. Thing is, this kind of self proclamation means nothing without other people (foreigners) agreeing to it, and I can think of examples of many such things, like "8th Wonder", "Asia's <something>", "<something> of the Pacific", etc.

On the topic of the new DOT campaign slogan, I think it is, well, misleading. "More fun than what" is the question. They'll have to prove that it's really more fun than other countries, otherwise the slogan, however catchy, is just a blank statement. They should have started with straightening up the country first, like fixing the peace and order situation, preserving and restoring the heritage and cultural sites.

I say at least WOW Philippines doesn't attempt to compare, and is quite truthful -- places in the Philippines are really "wow". The new slogan however is just... meme-worthy.

i agree... and if there really is a need to change the slogan... why not adopt "choose philippines" of abs-cbn?(call me bias or whatever), if they want something simple lang naman pala... catchy siya hindi lang sa foreign tourist kundi pati sa local tourist diba? gawan na lang nila ng english version ang song na "piliin mo ang Pilipinas" lol!

agree to the nth power level or whatever hahahaha  ;D

its more fun in the philippines because jon_the_wicked is here

^ plus PGG was created here with awesome members and overflowing sex appeal

boom! yeah mehn!  ;D

tama ka jan enzoafterdark, requirement talaga ang sex appeal dito eh,hahaha..

oo nga mas ok pa yung Choose Philippines ng abs,maganda rin yung theme song..

on topic: minatamisang saging, sago, gulaman, pinipig, sugar palm, macapuno, beans, nata de coco, langka, sweet potato, ube halaya, leche plan at ice cream = Halo-halo..san ka nakakita ng ibat-ibang dessert na pinaghalohalo sa isang baso/bowl?!

Dessert is more fun in the Philippines!

worry ko lang diyan, pwede kasi negative ang dating, just like what was published in Inquirer (last Sunday ata)...

^ regarding sa prostitution ata yun..parang ang dating daw eh nanghihikayat pa tayo lalo ng mga foreigner para sa alam nyo na!.. more fun pla ha!.. hahaha  ;)