SATIESFIED BA KAU SA RELIGION NINYO?

Started by Isamu, April 11, 2012, 02:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: niceguy1111 on June 27, 2012, 12:15:50 AM
example ng isang mali...o sadyang binigyang kamalian

sa Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary pag sa Rosary...meron dun.. Mother of our Creator, Pray For us...wth! ibig sabihin may mother si God? wala talaga sa Bible yan e ni Katoliko nga hindi tinuro na may mother si God...si God lang naman ang creator at hindi si Jesus Christ..tsk tsk...how come na hindi ito binabago ng Vatican??

Bro, eto po ang explanation po sa tanong ninyo. pardon me, but I will try my best.

Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary. In order to understand why we call Mary as "Mother of Our Creator", we must first understand the Nature of her Son.

Jesus, in the Gospel of St. Matthew (3:17) "and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased." This voice is the Father, acknowledging that Jesus is His Son. In the Mystery of the Holy Trinity, the Three Divine Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, although are different persons and served different roles in our salvation History ( Father as Creator, the Son as Redeemer, the Spirit as Sanctifier/Advocate), they share in One Godhead. All of them are equal in majesty and power and glory.

Let us go back to St. John's prologue in Chapter 1: 1-2
In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came to be through him, and without him nothing came to be.

We see here that the Word is truly one in being with God. Everything was created through Him (the Word)! hence, we can also call Jesus as Creator, as He too, together with the Father and the Holy Spirit, did the Work of Creation.

Going to verse 14:

"And the Word became flesh*
and made his dwelling among us,
and we saw his glory,
the glory as of the Father's only Son,
full of grace and truth.

This verse says that the Word was made Flesh, and this Word, truly shares in the full, the glory of His Father. Therefore, he deserves the honor and dignity, as He shares in the Divine Nature, while fully assuming Human Nature.

Now, who is this Word?  Let us go to st. Luke's account of the Annunciation. The Angel Gabriel said (luke 1:35) "And the angel said to her in reply, "The holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore the child to be born will be called holy, the Son of God."

So, if the Holy Offspring in the womb of Mary is the Son of God, sharing in full the glory of God, participating in the creation of the world, therefore, the Word is also Creator, for He is also part of the Godhead who created all things.

Now, Mary is NOT the Mother of Source of the Divine Nature of Jesus her Son. Never did the Church teach that. Mary remains human. However, as we acknowledge the True Divine and Human Nature of Jesus, being God, being Creator, we can also call Mary as truly, "Mother of Our Creator", for she bore for us the Word who created heaven and earth, God made flesh. With it, she deserves the respect and honor that she deserves, but never equal to God. Mary is not God, but thanks to her cooperation to the will of God, the work of Salvation was accomplished.

I hope this helps. sorry mahaba po.

I will end with the famous quote of one of my favorite saints and a great Marian Lover, St. Maximilian Maria Kolbe:

"Do not be afraid of giving the Immaculate too much love, for you will never come to love her, as Jesus did!"

come to these websites that will help shed light on your queries about the Catholic Church and her teachings:
http://www.catholicscomehome.org/

The truth about Mary and Scripture
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUdYeYy3NQA

I feel very at home with the Catholic Church, my Mother!

Quote from: niceguy1111 on June 01, 2012, 11:31:34 AM
makinig pa rin kayo sa pari...mabuti rin naman mga sermon nila Hahaha...pero dapat kayo rin mismo maalam niyo ang mali sa tama  :) oy magsimba din kayo! lalo na kung hindi kayo nagbabasa ng Bible at least man lang marinig niyo ang Salita ng Diyos....pero sa pagcommunion ang alam ko may mali dito e lalo na sa transubstantiation...kayo na lang magresearch sa net kung bakit  :P

hi bro...ano ang mali na nasasabi mo tungkol sa Transubstantiation at sa Eucharist? Kung ano man tanong mo sa Catholic faith, let me help you answer it.

To begin, Transubstantiation is the process wherein the bread and wine, by the power of the Holy Spirit, is transformed into the very substance of the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ, although its physical qualities remain (bread, wine) which happens during the Mass.

In the 12th century, a priest doubted about this gift. he celebrated Mass, and the "transubstantiated bread and wine" was changed into Flesh and Blood, and remains today in lanciano Italy. Science testifies to its authenticity. watch the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PJ8BORx1p8

now, tell me, if it is not by God's power and love that this has occurred, by what power then, and to what end did this happen and still continue to exist. Remember, a tree is known by its fruit.

Ave Maria!

Quote from: mervs on March 09, 2014, 11:06:04 PM
makinig pa rin kayo sa pari...mabuti rin naman mga sermon nila Hahaha...pero dapat kayo rin mismo maalam niyo ang mali sa tama  :) oy magsimba din kayo! lalo na kung hindi kayo nagbabasa ng Bible at least man lang marinig niyo ang Salita ng Diyos....pero sa pagcommunion ang alam ko may mali dito e lalo na sa transubstantiation...kayo na lang magresearch sa net kung bakit  :P

hi bro...ano ang mali na nasasabi mo tungkol sa Transubstantiation at sa Eucharist? Kung ano man tanong mo sa Catholic faith, let me help you answer it.

To begin, Transubstantiation is the process wherein the bread and wine, by the power of the Holy Spirit, is transformed into the very substance of the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ, although its physical qualities remain (bread, wine) which happens during the Mass.

In the 12th century, a priest doubted about this gift. he celebrated Mass, and the "transubstantiated bread and wine" was changed into Flesh and Blood, and remains today in lanciano Italy. Science testifies to its authenticity. watch the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PJ8BORx1p8

now, tell me, if it is not by God's power and love that this has occurred, by what power then, and to what end did this happen and still continue to exist. Remember, a tree is known by its fruit.

Ave Maria!

please show me on what verse in the Bible does transubstantiation/Last Supper occurs by the power of the Holy Spirit?

Quote from: mervs on March 09, 2014, 10:37:30 PM

sa Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary pag sa Rosary...meron dun.. Mother of our Creator, Pray For us...wth! ibig sabihin may mother si God? wala talaga sa Bible yan e ni Katoliko nga hindi tinuro na may mother si God...si God lang naman ang creator at hindi si Jesus Christ..tsk tsk...how come na hindi ito binabago ng Vatican??

Bro, eto po ang explanation po sa tanong ninyo. pardon me, but I will try my best.

Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary. In order to understand why we call Mary as "Mother of Our Creator", we must first understand the Nature of her Son.

Jesus, in the Gospel of St. Matthew (3:17) "and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased." This voice is the Father, acknowledging that Jesus is His Son. In the Mystery of the Holy Trinity, the Three Divine Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, although are different persons and served different roles in our salvation History ( Father as Creator, the Son as Redeemer, the Spirit as Sanctifier/Advocate), they share in One Godhead. All of them are equal in majesty and power and glory.

and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came to be through him, and without him nothing came to be.

We see here that the Word is truly one in being with God. Everything was created through Him (the Word)! hence, we can also call Jesus as Creator, as He too, together with the Father and the Holy Spirit, did the Work of Creation.

Going to verse 14:

and we saw his glory,
full of grace and truth.

This verse says that the Word was made Flesh, and this Word, truly shares in the full, the glory of His Father. Therefore, he deserves the honor and dignity, as He shares in the Divine Nature, while fully assuming Human Nature.

Now, who is this Word?  Let us go to st. Luke's account of the Annunciation. The Angel Gabriel said (luke 1:35) "And the angel said to her in reply, "The holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore the child to be born will be called holy, the Son of God."

So, if the Holy Offspring in the womb of Mary is the Son of God, sharing in full the glory of God, participating in the creation of the world, therefore, the Word is also Creator, for He is also part of the Godhead who created all things.

Now, Mary is NOT the Mother of Source of the Divine Nature of Jesus her Son. Never did the Church teach that. Mary remains human. However, as we acknowledge the True Divine and Human Nature of Jesus, being God, being Creator, we can also call Mary as truly, "Mother of Our Creator", for she bore for us the Word who created heaven and earth, God made flesh. With it, she deserves the respect and honor that she deserves, but never equal to God. Mary is not God, but thanks to her cooperation to the will of God, the work of Salvation was accomplished.

I will end with the famous quote of one of my favorite saints and a great Marian Lover, St. Maximilian Maria Kolbe:

"Do not be afraid of giving the Immaculate too much love, for you will never come to love her, as Jesus did!"

come to these websites that will help shed light on your queries about the Catholic Church and her teachings:

yup this helps, thanks! ngayon ko lang narealize ang Trinity na yan :) but still i know that Catholicism really contradicts some teachings in the Bible..ayoko na isa isahin tama na enough hahah

Quote from: niceguy1111 on March 10, 2014, 12:55:16 PM

Ave Maria!

please show me on what verse in the Bible does transubstantiation/Last Supper occurs by the power of the Holy Spirit?

The Last Supper, wherein Jesus institutes the Last Supper, fulfills what He said in the Bread of Life Discourse in John 6. As for the Spirit, John 6:63 answers that.
"It is the spirit that gives life, while the flesh* is of no avail. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and life."

Jesus also received the anointing of the Holy Spirit, as the Anointed Son of God. it is the Holy Spirit that empowers Him to do His Mission also. Jesus, being fully Divine, has the power also to create. If God, through by His Singular will, created everything out of nothing, surely Jesus, the Son of God, can transform anything into what He desires to, for He is God. If he cursed the fig tree, and it withered ( mark 11:12-25), calms the storm (mark 4: 35-41), heals people, drives out demons by his word alone, surely He has also the power to transform the bread and wine into His very Body and Blood by His Singular desire and utterance.

Quote from: niceguy1111 on March 10, 2014, 12:55:16 PM

Ave Maria!

please also view my post regarding your question on the thread, "matter of faith" thanks

Quote from: niceguy1111 on March 10, 2014, 02:08:42 PM
Quote from: mervs on March 09, 2014, 10:37:30 PM

Going to verse 14:

and we saw his glory,
full of grace and truth.

yup this helps, thanks! ngayon ko lang narealize ang Trinity na yan :) but still i know that Catholicism really contradicts some teachings in the Bible..ayoko na isa isahin tama na enough hahah

I will share the quote of Venerable Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen: ""There are not more than 100 people in the world who truly hate the Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they perceive to be the Catholic Church.  ....As a matter of fact, if we Catholics believed all of the untruths and lies which were said against the Church, we probably would hate the Church a thousand times more than they do."

hence, let us try to learn and know what the Church truly is, and what she is not, and from there, we decide if we believe or not.  I understand you, nice guy, you have a very healthy faith, for it seeks to grow, a faith seeking understanding, a deep hunger for truth, a great longing for God.

Quote from: niceguy1111 on March 10, 2014, 09:12:48 PM
thanks man!  :D

you're welcome bro! hope it helps. just throw your queries and we'll try to work on it