COAT AND TIE

Started by enzo, February 05, 2012, 10:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
any suggestions kung san pwedeng bumili ng mura pero may good quality na coat and tie or tuxedo gagamitin for my Js Prom.,, at kung anung design na din ang maganda tpos san din pwdeng mag patahi anu ba ang mas maganda magpatahi o bumili nalang??

how much is your budget? mas ok na bumili ka na lang ng ready to wear tapos pa modify mo ng konti.

coats usualy cost Php 3,000+

try mo sa sm dept store madami dun makakapili ka sa range of prices

salamat sa mga reply mga 3-4k budget ko.,,

kung gusto mo ng coat na may style pa rin para di ka naman mukang formal na formal na parang ikakasal..sa mint maraming coat na 1-2k lng..

enzo,
some random tips:

1. color: can't go wrong with navy instead of black w/c is only good for funerals. gray is good second choice.
2. for the jacket, i find the peak lapel more appealing than the americanized notch. 2 buttons would last you longer concerning trend.
3. a properly sort out and measured suit can make short and horizontally challenged individual look leaner and taller.
4. shoe: check the standard brogues and captoes instead of the square ones.
5. lapel width and it's relation to ties: the wider the lapel ng jacket and your dress shirt kwelyo is directly proportional to the width of your ties... kung medyo malapad ang kwelyo and jacket lapel... wider ties. kung skinnier then skinnier ties.
6. tux vs suit/business suit: formality in pinoy sense rather than the westerners. formal ang tux. the way to differentiate it to regular suits is the lapel and stripes sa sides ng pants have the same fabric na either satin or grograin then the rest of the fabric is wool. suit naman is anything na same fabric and color ang ensemble ng pants and jacket.... kung hiwalay ang jacket now you call it as blazer or sport jacket.

basics re: fit
1. high armhole is highly favorable it reduced the width of the shoulder and creates a leaner illusion.
2. try to take in the waist as narrow as possible to hide your tummy. BUT don't sacrifice comfort.
3. jacket length, as a rule of thumb use the 'cup the fingers' method. just check it @ google for detailed explanation. though a cropped jacket which is about 1-2 inches longer than sleeve can create a better looking proportion.
4. jacket sleeve should show cuffs of the shirt underneath. depends on your preference but mine's about 3/4 inch.
5. slimmer pants will complete the look. a 7.5in hem and no break can give you slimmer silhouette.

my advise: opt for the simple and classic  design. i noticed there's a growing trend sa pinas na pinoy designers play much on the lapel. i've seen one suit made by my friend's brother - francis libiran. too tacky played on the lapel naka-ilang layers ata. even the seasoned designers sa atin like randy ortiz... still can't get the proper suit as the saville trained tailors sa HK. critical component they missed is the basics. teka ano ba talga ang tamang fit? watch old to new james bond films all his suit and tux parehas lang ng cut.... kahit tumalon, itaas ang kamay at makipagsuntukan his suit is still on the right place. because there's a science behind it and syempre british he got his suit from season saville row tailors.

i might miss your question by a mile: best tip get the cheapest suit you can get off the rack. then have it altered. key here is to get the right size.

salamat sa mga advises san ba mganda bumili ok lng ba sa dept. store?

aha! same to my problem yung coat and tie,pero i'll try to look like korean style
or basta babagay sakin at kung saan ako kumportable! enzo ganon din gawin mo kung saan ka mas okay at kaya mong dalin at hindi lumalayo sa uso!haha excited na ko sa senior's prom namin! haha!
ikaw? i think so. 8)

haha oo nga eh exited na ako sa junior prom nmin.,, any comments dito sa nabili kong coat long sleeves and tie? suggestions are very well appreciated.

Quote from: enzo on February 14, 2012, 08:58:04 PM
haha oo nga eh exited na ako sa junior prom nmin.,, any comments dito sa nabili kong coat long sleeves and tie? suggestions are very well appreciated.

1. basing from the pics. the jacket seems a size bigger.
2. sleeves too long. pero madali naman i shortened to show a quartr of an inch ng dress shirt mo sa loob.
3. unbutton the lower buttons so the jacket will flow freely and not restricting.
4. jacket length seems too long
5. darker tie will better match your jacket and shirt. you can get the same color and fabric ng piping ng jacket lapel.

dapat more on body fit o basta hindi maluwag  ;D ;D

Quote from: enzo on February 14, 2012, 08:58:04 PM

ok naman sya overall pero ganun din napansin ko,medyo malaki sya tingnan sau..bakit pink naisip mong kulay ng tie? dahil yun ang kulay ng gown ng prom date mo?..kung ganun nga,ok lng..pero i still prefer a darker color like hiei's suggestion (gray, black or brown)

salamat sa mga replies.,, im going back to sm tomorrow para papalitan yung coat ng smaller size.,, maganda ba tingnan ang coat kung medyo fitted? tpos ung tie anu bang maganda white or black or should i preffer bow?

Quote from: enzo on February 16, 2012, 06:22:22 PM
salamat sa mga replies.,, im going back to sm tomorrow para papalitan yung coat ng smaller size.,, maganda ba tingnan ang coat kung medyo fitted? tpos ung tie anu bang maganda white or black or should i preffer bow?

the key is to get the right size. kahit slim fit pero sobra naman liit, mukha lang suman. having the right fit will complement your physique. an ill fitting suit kahit pa daang libo ang presyo pangit pa rin tingnan. mas gustuhin ko pa ang tamang sukat na suit na di butas bulsa ko.

kung same color suit, i'll pick a darker tie to complement the whole ensemble.... kung bow tie na black mag-white shirt ka. but if your prom is not a black tie affair. wag na, that's why those individuals who knows a thing or two on wearing a suit never wear black suit sa party unless black tie affair or may patay. otherwise a black suit + black bow tie + white shirt..... boss, chit namin ;)