when is the best time to think of yourself first before others?

Started by Klutz, October 18, 2012, 09:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

you should ALWAYS think of yourself first before others.
that doesn't necessarily equate to being selfish.

Quote from: incognito on October 18, 2012, 10:15:29 PM
you should ALWAYS think of yourself first before others.
that doesn't necessarily equate to being selfish.

ALWAYS.

You can't give what you don't have.

isnt that being selfish? i was brought up by my parents to give way for others so im not used to thinking of myself actually >.<

did you experience it too even for a moment?

of course yourself! the hell do people around you give a damn about you.

exception: close family members. pero yung the rest.. nahhh.

In my opinion, that will depend on the people you care for and if they worth it. I am guessing you are having trouble in balancing your work. But the simplest thing to balance it is learning to say "No."

^ta-maaaa!! dapat marunong kang tumanggi. Ako nun, nung tinanong akong pumasok sa weekend (gastos ko ang lahat ng pamasahe at walang bayad iyon) eh humindi ako,. Nashock ang manager ko pero di ba, eh sa hinde ako masaya sa ganung agreement eh. so huminde talga ako.

Actually, Ang pag tanggi is easier said than done. Karamihan kasi ng mga tao ngayon ay may pinangangalagaan na reputasyon, obligasyon at kung anu pa. Lalo na sa mga lalake sa mga kanikanilang career. "Competion" the single word in the corporate world that makes everyone saying "No" next to impossible. Lalo na ito sa mga mababait.

^yun nga naririnig ko sa corporate world.. parang pag mabait ka, matatalo ka.. tama ba? >.< so dapat talaga sarili ang iniisip >.<

minsan kasi when you think of others first, parang iniisip mo na din sarili mo.
sabi mo nga klutz, na your parents brought you up sa paraan na kailangan iuna mo ang iba.
pero may reward kasi yan eh. like sa mga Kristiyano kagaya ko, ang turo is if you do good deeds to others, mas malaki ang balik sayo.  golden rule nga di ba, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you." maging mabait ka kung gusto mo mabait iba sayo. so parang sarili mo din iniisip mo. haha. labo ata. haha.

I think it's always a case of WiiFm. What's in it for me.
Just like what incognito is pointing out, there is a certain degree of satisfaction that you receive.
The difficulty of saying "No" is a bit tricky. I think it's cultural, at least for us.
We're afraid to say No outright even if it sacrifices some degree of comfort to us.
Tho' in a sense you still get some satisfaction kase, "nakatulong ka."

umaandar ang pagiging self absorbed ko. hahahah