Would you buy a locally branded handset?

Started by charlie, October 30, 2012, 04:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well, their prices are getting really competitive lately. I saw these 5-inch and 4-inch Adroid handsets from Cherry Mobile. Both have decent specs; both run ICS out of the box; both ips displays; both dual-core; 1 ghz and 1.2 ghz processors repectively; prices are Php 6499 and Php 3999 respectively. Would you recommend buying a locally branded handset? (e.g. Cherry Mobile, MyPhone, StarMobile, etc). Looking forward to your answers. Thanks bros.

Interesting.
And the pirces are really affordable.

Questions here are what type of warranty do they cover and the availability of service centers in your area.

I saw the story of Torque sa Rated K. Pinoy brand pala yun? :)

I won't buy a Pinoy brand of cp because I prefer a company that has more experience with the cp technology :)

Quote from: jelo kid on November 03, 2012, 10:13:58 PM
gusto ko ang my|phone based on experiencE.

So may patotoo ka sa kagandahan ng brand? :)

meron kasi ate ko..ang ganda ng sounds saka matagal ma'drain ng batterY.

at kahit ilang bagsak na,d parn sira:)
(TW 1 DUO)

Well kapag nasa school ako, I am using Cherry Mobile para kahit ma holdap or ma snatch cell phone ko okay lang. Nadala na ako sa may Recto part, ninakaw nila si Mirage (my ex galaxy note) sa bag ko. Pati bag ko sinira nila (the northface pa naman yun :( )

I can't remember ung unit ng myPhone ko but i like how it works.

myPhone, Torque and Cherry Mobile are all made in the RP?

Any other brands na assembled dito sa Pinas? :)

Quote from: elmer0224 on November 14, 2012, 09:59:55 AM
myPhone, Torque and Cherry Mobile are all made in the RP?

Any other brands na assembled dito sa Pinas? :)
made in china yun

gusto ko ng cherry mobile flare.. mura lang kasi
sana may mag'regalo sken nun

Not really good ang reviews especially the battery capacity.
it takes around 5 hours lang.

depende siguro yun sa user?
bili nalang ng extra battery kung ganyan,.

Hmmm.
Cherry Mobile phones has this legacy of weak batteries. The MyPhone series I tried has better battery life and they have the same features.

Personally, I'd rather get a better phone than the hassle of exchanging batteries.

yap pansin ko nga.. pero at least competitive pa rin in a way... may mga weaknesses nga lang