Millionaire
1 (4.5%)
Mayaman
2 (9.1%)
Billionaire
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Two days ago,
Dressed up in a suit with blue long sleeves,  I just crashed to a party (more like dragged by a friend) where everyone's net worth was way too much (all of the members would have to have at least $2million pesos worth of a share, not considering the fact that most of them have 5 million pesos worth of a share in another place).  Parang 10% of the country's wealth compressed into 1000 square meters of space.

It feels overwhelming since everyone was talking about business, money, corporations, stocks, buildings, real estate, world trends and politics.  One conversation even talked about dealing with dozens of millions of pesos like it was nothing. Sheesh. Kailan kaya ako puwede mag-usap ng ganyan?

Quote from: Kilo 1000 on January 30, 2014, 03:53:41 AM
Two days ago,
Dressed up in a suit with blue long sleeves,  I just crashed to a party (more like dragged by a friend) where everyone's net worth was way too much (all of the members would have to have at least $2million pesos worth of a share, not considering the fact that most of them have 5 million pesos worth of a share in another place).  Parang 10% of the country's wealth compressed into 1000 square meters of space.

It feels overwhelming since everyone was talking about business, money, corporations, stocks, buildings, real estate, world trends and politics.  One conversation even talked about dealing with dozens of millions of pesos like it was nothing. Sheesh. Kailan kaya ako puwede mag-usap ng ganyan?

Dadating ka din dyan sir. Just make sure na ang mga kasama mong tao e mga tipong business minded din at madiskarte para makakuha ka ng advises sa kanila.

Back to topic:

masasabi kong may kaya na dahil tumaas rate namin from our US clients :) nakakabili na kami ng mga "WANTS" namin. hehe!

Two days ago,

i feel you kilo.

I do sometimes think what if "Trust Fund" boy ako.., Yung tipong galit lang sa pera.., May condo dito, may condo doon.., Ano kaya ang feeling ng ganun? Does the quality of being a human being is affected by the amount of money you have? For example: 1.) In terms of happiness 2.) In love 3.) In the society?

Two days ago,

pasok na ko sa level na yan at the least but I never talked about money. I talked more bout culture, life, and naturism.

On a national scale I think I was raised in a middle-upper class family. Private school all the way. Studied in a rather prestigious college, went to the States thrice and around Asia several times. I have always been under the impression that my life was "ok na" until I went to take further studies where I met people who were living Jay Gatsbies. You'll realize how minuscule of an income you're making when you meet them. Yung kinikita nila in one month's probably more than what Makati workers are earning in 10 years. Yan siguro pinaka importanteng natutunan ko sa professional school, "to always be hungry". Lahat ng Jay Gatsbies doon different backgrounds but one thing's common among them, they're never contented.

Re Vladmick: I'm not part of that Billionaire's club but from my observation pareho lang. The age old saying that "Money does not change people. It just helps them become who they really are." is true. Some have good love lives and families. Other have destroyed ones beyond salvation. Some are mayabang about their financial success. Some are very humble and generous. Depende rin talaga sa kinalakihang prinsipyo ng tao.

Ang primary worry talaga sa ganyan ay yung children nila. Sila rin umaamin niyan. Pag alam kasi ng bata na may "safety net inheritance/financial support" siya most often than not tatamarin magtrabaho. It's common to see kids of the filthy rich to be "professional students" up until their late 20s. After magcollege sa US, magaaral ng foreign language sa China or Japan. After that magwwork sandali (maybe a year pero magsasawa) tapos magmmasters ulit abroad. By then they're already in their late 20's without a solid career. Eventually they'll either join the family business or bibigyan ng business ng parents.

Quote from: equestrian on June 11, 2014, 01:01:27 AM
On a national scale I think I was raised in a middle-upper class family. Private school all the way. Studied in a rather prestigious college, went to the States thrice and around Asia several times. I have always been under the impression that my life was "ok na" until I went to take further studies where I met people who were living Jay Gatsbies. You'll realize how minuscule of an income you're making when you meet them. Yung kinikita nila in one month's probably more than what Makati workers are earning in 10 years. Yan siguro pinaka importanteng natutunan ko sa professional school, "to always be hungry". Lahat ng Jay Gatsbies doon different backgrounds but one thing's common among them, they're never contented.

TRUE!

May kaya :) Nakaka - kain 3 times a day, may sariling source of income sila mama and nakapag aral din nman ako sa private school. Thankful nako sa estado ng buhay namin. :)

Hindi mahirap.. hindi naman mayaman... mayabang lang.