The epidemic of impatience of Young people.

Started by Kilo 1000, March 17, 2013, 09:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://www.philstar.com/business/2013/03/17/920514/epidemic-outbreak
"We have an epidemic in our midst – the emergence of young workers in business organizations today who are impatient, jumping from one company to another, and who are outspoken and articulate but low on substance, mouthing clichés without understanding them and driving HR practitioners crazy.
I've had at least seven HR heads from our top business corporations telling me that attrition is high among the young entrants to the workplace. These young people's work ethics suck, and their work values suck even more. Push them a little, and they whine and whimper. Stretch them a little, and they moan and groan. Correct and reprimand them a little, and they quit right there and then. Mentor them a little, and they think they know more than their mentors."

I read this article and it hit me. I was one of these kids before I became humbled.

Do you agree that this happens today? Because certainly I do.

^ I agree. I think the attitude of today's young workers is a result of the increased speed with which we are able to do stuff, of being able to obtain tons of information with a click of a button.  They tend to apply it to the other aspects of their lives and not getting the results that they want immediately leaves them frustrated. Everyone wants the easy way out, and everyone feels that they are entitled to stuff that they haven't worked hard for.

Been there, realizations, reflection, rebooting my life, moving forward.

I'm like a bit  pero sinusubukan kong tanggalin.... Mas malala sa mga classmates ko. Hahaha. And yes, I agree with this.

i do agree also. kasi ako ganun rin, and i'm trying to have more patience which is very important.

I remember when I was 19. After 3 months I quit because my boss's GF/Team lead, told me that she will lessen my P9,500 salary. Then I move to another company and stayed there for years.

kaya ngayon.. lalo na yung mga juniors.. ambibilis maghanap ng work sa ibang kampani. tuloy pinagsasabihan ko sila ng madalas. Unless you are Sannin like me, you have less chance of getting hired to another company because finding a job is a competition and you need to stand out. actually, im looking at them now..

Develop the skill before you could demand.
It's true, wala sa school 'yan.

Sabi nga ng Alma Mater ko... "Excellence is not a skill, it is an attitude."