Out of Topic Chatforum!

Started by MaRfZ, September 30, 2008, 09:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: carpediem on November 26, 2010, 09:54:21 PM
Quote from: ctan on November 25, 2010, 11:22:53 PM
Quote from: carpediem on November 25, 2010, 11:05:04 PM
(to Doc ctan and also to Kilo)

1. What are your thoughts on people/groups/organizations withholding their findings from the public due to their self-interests?

2. What are your thoughts on people/groups/organizations trying to censure the findings of someone's research? For example, big pharmaceutical companies are trying to suppress some groundbreaking research on life-saving drugs.

3. Stem cell research.

4. "Open-sourcing" of all medical studies and data.

hehehe. hirap sagutan mga questions on ethics. hahaha! :-)

1. This is unethical.
2. That is one of the reasons why we need to appraise journal entries. Lalo na yung mga company-sponsored studies, the biases are very strong. So most likely, hindi valid yung study so scrapped out sila sa mga meta-analysis from which clinical practice guidelines are based from.
3. Ok lang sa akin.
4. Ok lang naman siguro. I don't know the repercussions. Hehehe. Will look more into that.

Ano yung general stand medical practitioners sa stem cell research? What can you say about it on a religious standpoint?

dapat ata may new thread to

Hmm... ngayon ko lang to napansin reply mo carpediem.

On embryonic stem cell harvesting, I believe it is abortion. Kaya I'm againts that kind of harvesting. However, my previous post was that I am not against stem cell research per se. Kasi, the intention of stem cell research naman is good. As time goes by, new paradigms have been unfolded in this kind of research. Aside from the fact that stem cells can be harvested from adults, a more pluripotent stem cell than that can be obtained from umbilical cord blood. So these sources actually don't create much controversies as embryonic stem cell harvesting do.

Quote from: hypebeast on November 28, 2010, 10:40:45 PM
sa mens style. ano ba dapat? mahaba dapat title? lol

Baka may existing nang ganung topic.

Quote from: ctan on November 28, 2010, 11:01:44 PM
hmm... baka na-fuse lang with similar thread...

idk..
Quote from: Mr.Yos0 on November 28, 2010, 11:47:51 PM
Quote from: hypebeast on November 28, 2010, 10:40:45 PM
sa mens style. ano ba dapat? mahaba dapat title? lol

Baka may existing nang ganung topic.

nope. nevermind yaan niyo na. lol

naku, makikita mo si araw bago ka ulit makatulog.  :)

Thanks for your replies Doc ctan and Doc Kilo.

I know very little of stem cell research, but I am aware that it is subject to controversies precisely because of the issue on abortion.

Could you comment on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2qRp2h09bY

There it says "the majority of stem cells are made from frozen embryos left over from fertility treatments that will never be taken to term". DNA from the unfertilized egg is removed and DNA from the patient is transferred in to the unfertilized egg (nuclear transfer).

Quote from: Kilo 1000 on November 29, 2010, 11:08:01 AM
Quote from: ctan on November 28, 2010, 11:23:52 PM
Hmm... ngayon ko lang to napansin reply mo carpediem.

On embryonic stem cell harvesting, I believe it is abortion. Kaya I'm againts that kind of harvesting. However, my previous post was that I am not against stem cell research per se. Kasi, the intention of stem cell research naman is good. As time goes by, new paradigms have been unfolded in this kind of research. Aside from the fact that stem cells can be harvested from adults, a more pluripotent stem cell than that can be obtained from umbilical cord blood. So these sources actually don't create much controversies as embryonic stem cell harvesting do.
i didn't know meron palang nakukuha sa umbilical cord. interesting...

oo nga. dito sa amin, kapag may NSD or CS, every once in a while, merong mga kumukuha ng umbilical cord blood. i know that primarily, it is for chromosome analysis. however, i am not sure if ganun din yung pagharvest for umbilical cord stem cell harvesting. pero malamang ganun din. :-)

Quote from: carpediem on November 29, 2010, 11:55:23 AM
Thanks for your replies Doc ctan and Doc Kilo.

I know very little of stem cell research, but I am aware that it is subject to controversies precisely because of the issue on abortion.

Could you comment on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2qRp2h09bY

There it says "the majority of stem cells are made from frozen embryos left over from fertility treatments that will never be taken to term". DNA from the unfertilized egg is removed and DNA from the patient is transferred in to the unfertilized egg (nuclear transfer).

dito sa advanced reproductive care unit sa amin, we do in vitro fertilization (IVF). that is one of the issues raised by pro-embryonic stem cell harvesting. since most frozen embryos will not be taken to term, why not utilize them for source of stem cell. para sa akin, i do not know exactly the methods of doing IVF here in the philippines. pero roughly, my teacher told me that what they do is they get an egg cell from the woman and sperm cells from the man. they allow fertilization in a petri dish and see whether there is a viable zygote that can be formed. kung meron, then it is what they will implant sa uterus. failed IVF kung walang signs of viability. i dunno if the failed IVF are candidates for stem cell harvesting, pero if ganun nga, i don't think there will be an issue. well, it's a totally different scenario i guess base dun sa youtube video.

chatting sa fb with some pggsters.

Quote from: junjaporms on November 29, 2010, 03:05:49 AM
hintayin ko antukin ako sa harap ng netbook ko hehe naunahan ko si haring araw

madali ka ngang "aantukin" pag tinodohan mong humarap sa computer..

Quote from: Mr.Yos0 on November 29, 2010, 03:43:06 PM
Quote from: junjaporms on November 29, 2010, 03:05:49 AM
hintayin ko antukin ako sa harap ng netbook ko hehe naunahan ko si haring araw

madali ka ngang "aantukin" pag tinodohan mong humarap sa computer..

hindi rin... hehehe..

sumaka ng PNR from alabang to tutuban... achievement yun para sakin!!! ^_^

may dumadaan pa bang tren sa tutuban? ang lam ko kasi wala na eh...

PCSO says there is one winner of tonight's 6/55 Grand Lotto draw from Luzon. Congratulations!  ;D

Quote from: mang juan on November 29, 2010, 10:00:23 PM
PCSO says there is one winner of tonight's 6/55 Grand Lotto draw from Luzon. Congratulations!  ;D

congratulations sa nanalo. sana ma-handle niya lahat. Sana napunta yung pera sa mabuting kamay.

^741 m pesos... grabe!!

meron pang tren sa tutuban... hindi ko lang alam ang schedule pero may aircon na na tren