Out of Topic Chatforum!

Started by MaRfZ, September 30, 2008, 09:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: junjaporms on January 06, 2011, 10:36:09 PM
doc ctan sa loob ba kayo ng rob pioneer nagkita ni maykel? kumain kasi ako dun kanina ng 7pm onwards e.. ;D

sayang.. nasa kfc lang ako nung mga time na yun.. :) at gumala sa rob pioneer.baka nagkasalubong tayo nung mga time na yun.

Quote from: maykel on January 07, 2011, 09:51:17 AM
Quote from: MaRfZ on January 06, 2011, 10:25:19 PM
ok. ikaw naman yun

teka nga, anu bang gusto mong sabihin?

isipin nyo gusto nyong isipin.

Wala kong dapat iprove or i-please sa inyo.
dude, chillax!!!! :) mukhang high blood ka eh..

prang ngyn q lng nkitang nag-express ng negative expression c marfz.. piolo pascual... hmm...

ok. ikaw naman yun

Marfz, pumapalo na naman sa 130/80 and BP mo.. hehehe.. sabi ko naman sayo wag mo na lang pansinin kung sino man yun.

Thanks kuya ram! :)

Kuya Jude - Thanks! sorry nakalimutan ko. :)

Quote from: marvinofthefaintsmile on January 07, 2011, 12:02:33 PM
Quote from: maykel on January 07, 2011, 09:51:17 AM
ok. ikaw naman yun

dude, chillax!!!! :) mukhang high blood ka eh..

prang ngyn q lng nkitang nag-express ng negative expression c marfz.. piolo pascual... hmm...

pasensya na kuya marvin.

I just want to SCREEEAAAAMMMM!!!!!!!!

I can't stop sharing. Amazingly awesome and heart-warming article written by a friend, Leslie Perez.

--------

Along with other regular commuters, I was in my car, inching my way along Buendia. I was already somewhere between Reposo and Makati Avenue, and usually when I get to that area I become more wary of my door locks. This is mainly due to the frequent beggars who harass me for money, especially since my windows don't have tint. I'm not one to loosely hand over change to each person who knocks on my window, let alone those insistent ones who use their kids to fish for compassion and make it seem as though you owe it to them to give them money.

Tonight there was this man who was walking along the side of the island, carrying two full garbage bags on his left hand and another one plus a stick on his right. On top of that, there was a young girl sleeping on his back, strapped to him like a baby. He walked slowly and mindfully, making sure her legs or feet didn't hit any of the cars. At one point he dropped the bags and carefully climbed onto the island. I watched as he balanced himself while he picked up an empty plastic bottle. He put it in one of the bags before gathering them all together again and walking on.

After about 20 small steps he dropped the bags again, and this time he gradually positioned himself on the side of the island, adjusting his daughter's position first before he finally settled into his spot right at the edge. I saw him look up to the heavens as he wiped his forehead and caught his breath. He looked back at his daughter, fixed the position of her feet, and patted her head while he seemed to say something to her.

I choked back my tears as I fished out my camera from my bag. I wanted to capture this moment. This person. This hero to his daughter. When I finally had the camera in my hand, though, I couldn't do it. I couldn't point it at them and exploit the moment that had humbled me.

The stoplight turned green. I wished it would immediately turn red so I can have a quick chat with the man, but I knew too well it would stay green longer than my turn to pass the intersection. So I fished out a bill from my wallet, drove on, and slowed down when I passed their spot. The man was surprised to find me rolling down my window in front of him. "Kuya, konting pantulong lang. Happy new year!" He looked like he couldn't understand what was going on and hesitated to take the money, but I insisted. He looked at the empty road in front of me while the green light stayed illuminated. Still looking confused, he took the money and said, "maraming salamat po..."

I smiled and shifted my gear to drive forward, expecting horns to blow off since I basically held off traffic. But there were no horns. There were no rushing cars cutting into my lane to get ahead. I looked at my side mirror and saw the cars behind me slowing down and handing things out to the man as well. The man still looked confused, and his daughter still seemed asleep when I turned the corner.

I've always respected those people on the streets who work hard to make a living instead of just begging to tide things over. Tonight, though, was the first time I saw that sort of dedication and diligence that came with NOT bothering anyone else. He wasn't wagging about toys, pranellas, flowers, or whatever in front of me. He was just simply going about his business of collecting plastic bottles WHILE watching over his daughter, carrying all that weight and not minding the burden.

There's really something about hard-working fathers who show great care for their children that get me, and get me hard. This one was spot on, and that image will forever be etched in my mind. Despite everything I have right now, I am silently envious of all that that young girl has. I am truly grateful for witnessing such love.

It is good to help the needy sometimes.. I also do this specially when I see emptiness on a person's eyes.

yan yung mga tao na dapat tinutulungan  ;D

Quote from: pinoybrusko on January 07, 2011, 05:44:19 PM
yan yung mga tao na dapat tinutulungan  ;D

tama! ang mga taong tinutulungan din ang sarili, hindi lang umaasa.

heart-warming article indeed!

Quote from: judE_Law on January 07, 2011, 12:03:26 PM
ok. ikaw naman yun

Marfz, pumapalo na naman sa 130/80 and BP mo.. hehehe.. sabi ko naman sayo wag mo na lang pansinin kung sino man yun.

ngayon ko lang nabasa to a. chillax bro marfz. hehe.  ;D

baka nga si piolo yun. iba mukha ng artista pag walang make-up. sa balita nga e, di namukhaan ng traffic enforcer si mayor bistek nang sitahin niya to sa isang traffic violation.  :D

minsan mahirap talagang patulan ang mga post dito kasi di natin nakikita kung ano emotion ng taong nagsulat.... lets always give each other the benefit of the doubt.... peace men

no comment na lang. nakakapagod na.

sbi ko nga chillax lng  ;D smile