Transcendence

Started by sayonara, April 22, 2013, 10:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I know brahs, this is a very serious matter. The subject of transcendence is shun because of its religious inclination towards divinity or the very unlikely instance of achieving the state of being absolute. Philosophers often consider transcendence as a state of being independent upon what is existing, or the material universe. When one is considered transcendental, the person have surpassed both states of life and death, and can see through each dimensions freely without disturbance.

Transcendent - adj. : extending or lying beyond the limits of ordinary experience

So guys, is it possible to achieve transcendence? If yes, how? I THINK THE MEANING OF LIFE LIES BEYOND THE ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS.

---
sorry if i creep out some of you

akala ko brand ng flash drive..lol

lol. watch the movie Martyrs. it's by Pascal Laugier. the very taboo subject of transcendence is the highlight of that film. and the ending of that film will haunt you for YEARS. watched that in 2009, still haunted by that last effing scene.

deep blah blah. i want to become transcendent. i want to enslave death itself hahaha

Transcendence can be achieved but there are limits. For example, an ordinary human being can live 60 -80 years old but some can reach up to a hundred and five. (My great grand-lola was 102 when she died) But no one can be immortal. It's transcendence yet it has it's own limits.

(Just giving my two cents here)

pwede! yung friend kong si Orochimaru, nagagawang mabuhay nang matagal.

lol haha. i know it can be attained. i just don't know how but it can be.

now i'll shun myself in my labs conducting years of research bwahaha

I saw a clip at Discovery Channel (I forgot the tittle) there's a theory that a man can live forever. Immortality. But there are severe consequences... And I do not think that there would be a man who wants to live forever, maybe longer but not forever.

well, transcendence doesn't guarantee immortality. in fact, transcendence is beyond than that. it's all about transfiguration. being able to surpass the normality of things, being apart or independent from this material universe. the whole of Christianity believes that God himself is transcendent, he's not here, he's by himself, on his own plane of existence. thus, he's transcending what is mere ordinary. he is not affected by life or death or even time. contrasting transcendence is immanence, where a person's presence is everywhere. (i believe some churches of Christianity uphold this belief, that God is within us lol)

my point is, if achieving transcendence signifies a higher state of existence, then immortality is just a speck of an idea. immortality means you will have everlasting life and defeating death, but it in this realm. what i want to answer is the question whether man can achieve transcendence and, consequently, transfiguration (or the state of being divine) which they said Christ have attained while he's on Earth.

I don't think man can reach transcendence on his own... meaning God should have created him with a great purpose that only he and God know about (great example is Christ). I'm not saying that he must be exactly like Jesus -- a mere copy of Him.

I'm getting so confused right now. lol.

lol it's a very philosophical subject and, well everyone hates philosophy (okay most).

i'm just amazed on people who dedicate their lives finding answers, or even clues whether man can do such thing. otherwise, it holds the key to answering life's most mind-boggling questions.

Philo's very confusing but heck, it's very interesting!

Maybe these people want the answers to things that do not seem to make sense. (paradox?!)

hmm.. ang alam ko. naging immortal si ice king nang naisuot nya ang ice crown..

^ice king? dota ba to o ano? haha!