Be the President Thread

Started by sayonara, May 12, 2013, 06:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
If you are to hold office in MalacaƱang, how would you run a striving country of almost a hundred million people? Let us take reality as a constant factor when posting or sharing your plans and whatnots.

Many claim they can play and juggle the Palace issues without a single drop of sweat. But as mature citizens of this nation, we all know the weight of the pressure resting on the shoulders of the man seating on the most coveted office in the Philippines. Let us say everyone of here is man enough to take up the challenge. The question is, however, how are you going to run a country?

Be civil, always.  ;D

Try to be independent..., the country needs to be self sufficient " setting aside communism, we should try to produce adequate amount of provide everyone here, we should focus on food production, the legion of jobless filipinos will do good if they will be farmers

^that's a problem i think, some fils don't wanna become a farmer, in a stereotypical sense, because they think its a lowly job.  ::)

there's a cool thing about being a republic you know, with all the free speeches and demonstrations everywhere. the democracy, however, had spoiled the masses and made them feel they hold the absolute power, that they feed the government what it needs to have authority. after 30 years of democracy, it feels like there is a change needed. think about these:

what if the people become abusive of its power to appoint or even oust officials and bodies of the government? actually it's no longer a matter of if, it is already happening.

my other side of the coin is the power that the Constitution feeds to the already-abusive democratic spirit of the mass. i mean, let me make things clear, i have no right to question the Constitution. it's basically the essence of a nation and its constituents. but what if the Constitution itself will soon serve as the instrument to violate its own set of fundamentals? holy heavens.

If I am to assume the Palace, I want change. make things more... discreet. more outright. the power of the government relies too much on the democracy that the Constitution gave to the people - who were strangled by dictatorship for over two decades (for which i can't blame them authors of the Constitution). i just want balance of power. the government has to have its own innate authority - not entirely depending on names voted on a ballot.

my solution: amend the Philippine Constitution of 1987, immediately propose a change of government, AND I DON'T CARE WHETHER THERE WILL BE AN ANARCHY OR WHATEVER FORM OF OPPOSITION. a change is required. the government itself is proven to be tainted with corruption many times, despite the economic booms and woos.

of course, a change of government will not guarantee a corrupt-free country, but it will totally abolish pork barrel systems, as the national funds will be handled completely by ministry of treasury.

also, there will be a head of government and a head of state, so there will be distinct separation of power between government-appointed officials and those who ascend by popularity.

lol i know it's long, and it's very surreal, but it is possible. it can be real. we just need a catalyst.

replace the status quo with what?

Why would you change the government? I think na we should change or revise some laws, those applicable with this generation. Don't change the government but change the mindset of being classical to being contemporary. I think that's the government is about, to set rules and laws applicable for the generation that they're in. Being open to change doesn't mean changing the whole process itself, but only change the things that makes the process wrong.

^if you want to replace a rotten, dead plant, you wouldn't cut it from the stem, would you? to replace with something beautiful you must root it from the very earth.

same way, if you want change for the nation, change the government from its very root. political dynasties are everywhere, and if there will be a change of government, say a unicameral parliament, then this will easily abolish all forms of political hoarding of prominent clans.

fine. preserve the democracy, but you will have to amend the Constitution to its very core. unlike writing a new one, which like i said will produce a new government.

Quote from: sayonara on May 16, 2013, 04:36:44 PM
fine. preserve the democracy, but you will have to amend the Constitution to its very core. unlike writing a new one, which like i said will produce a new government.

That's what I'm saying. The constitution must flow with the generation it is in. It must be contemporary. (Unfortunately what we have today is a classical one)

If I am the President this generation, I pledge that everyone should have a work...
Make the Philippines one of the Wonder Country

Top 5 Project

a) Plant more trees, (For the sake of Filipinos to breath a fresh air. Read this http://www.natural-health-restored.com/fresh-air.html)
b) Explain to Citizen that Farmers, Fisherman, etc. is very important to us,Filipinos,so they Deserve to have a Health Card Benefits. They need a attention.
c) Livelihood, For all those who doesn't either reach college or to Graduate. And no Anticipation to have Good Work.
d) Basic Needs (Education,Homes,Health,Foods and etc)
e) Enact Laws that may Benefits most of Us.

Pwede na aq maging President someday

and if Heaven will allow me, i want to remove all presidential advisers. my principles are my own, i hold the highest office in this nation, so i won't let anyone dictate me what to do.

kinda tyrant but hey, i'm benevolent!  ;D

I would enforce the law for a cleaner air to make the people smarter, boost the country's tourism, make the country a more environmental friendly, enhance the quality of education not by lengthening it but by valuing teachers more so they will be more motivated and inspired to teach, and my favorite of all, make a personality development subject a necessity for high school students. That way, the people will be nicer not just to foreign travellers but to their fellow countrymen as well. Of course, a plan is always not perfect and susceptible to changes, so to protect my plan, I would boost disaster preparedness and enhance diplomatic ties. Don't expect me to buy your votes, I would rather lose with dignity than win by deception. The world is a battle between principalities versus the evil things in this world because.

Nag speech lang? Hahaha. Anyway, I might just get carried away... Hahaha