PIMPLE/papule

Started by Jeff, May 25, 2009, 10:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have a pimple/ papule outbreak, the idea of it freaks me out most especially that school comes to date. Any tips to avoid? Some home remedies perhaps.

Xenxia kun independent post. :)

use PanOxyl overnight, then you'll see the following morning it'll dry up.

haha acne surg. grabe sana nga pwedeng injectan na lang lahat at wala ng pricking.

nag-survive na ako dati with clindamycin and tretinoin 0.025 ata yun. bawal lang magbilad sa araw.

Quote from: angelo on November 26, 2009, 10:46:18 PM
haha acne surg. grabe sana nga pwedeng injectan na lang lahat at wala ng pricking.

nag-survive na ako dati with clindamycin and tretinoin 0.025 ata yun. bawal lang magbilad sa araw.
bawal talaga magbilad sa araw if you're using tret kasi magbabalat ang skin mo nun depende sa concentration so very expose siya and sensitive. that's why it's advisabe to put sunblock during the day if you go out.

yup bro, kaya iba nmas prefered sa gabi inaaply. hehe

Quote from: aslan_fleuck on November 27, 2009, 12:42:11 AM
Quote from: angelo on November 26, 2009, 10:46:18 PM

bawal talaga magbilad sa araw if you're using tret kasi magbabalat ang skin mo nun depende sa concentration so very expose siya and sensitive. that's why it's advisabe to put sunblock during the day if you go out.

it actually magnifies the effect of sun light to your skin. so yung bagong balat, mabilis lang umitim.
yeah, kaya pati sunblock important sa kanila. pero tama na yung affected areas lang ang lagyan tapos once a day lang at sa gabi.

well, i'm also experiencing such problems.. I consulted my derma and ito ung pinrescribe nia skn..

erythromycin gel ( to be applied sa pimple area)
tretinioin 0.05% ( sa gabi lang nilalagay since it causes photosensitivity)

then im also into Isotretinoin capsules.. 3tablets a day.. e2 kelangan ng lab test.. specifically liver profile ( AST/ALT) since it is a vit. A derivative which we all know hepatotoxic siya.. also, put some sunblock. ako I use neutrogena Ultra sheer spf 70... and cetaphil antibacterial bar soap.. plus less the stress! the more na iniicp mo ang pimple, the more na dadami yan! oh btw! Im still a newbie here! :D

baka kasi severe acne vulgaris na yan? meron ata ganun dati pinaganyan ako pero hindi ko tinuloy. natakot lang ako na  magkaroon na ng side effect.

Quote from: Kilo 1000 on June 22, 2010, 12:00:40 AM
Quote from: angelo on June 21, 2010, 11:10:07 PM
baka kasi severe acne vulgaris na yan? meron ata ganun dati pinaganyan ako pero hindi ko tinuloy. natakot lang ako na  magkaroon na ng side effect.
malamang cystic.
oh yeah.. it is just a moderate acne but later it became resistant to other topical creams hanggang sa naging cystic na siya.. my derma also did some injection for it because to prevent scarring.. actually, the systemic effects of isotretinoin will be lessed IF AND ONLY IF it is under a doctor's supervision.. also, in the long run, i hadn't got any pimples now, even if im under stress, laging puyat, etc.

maybe my case is far worse than of the author of this thread. and also, I just wanted to give an advice for those who recommend you to drink antibiotics.. please dont follow it! because it may further subject yourself to bacterial resistance... :D

Quote from: Kilo 1000 on June 22, 2010, 07:06:14 PM
Quote from: Futurenurse on June 22, 2010, 06:28:24 PM
my derma also did some injection for it because to prevent scarring..

what they usually inject is a corticosteroid so that the cystic acne will atrophy preventing further loss of tissue structure. Nawawala naman yung scarring after a few months/years of healing.

Quote from: Futurenurse on June 22, 2010, 06:28:24 PM
the systemic effects of isotretinoin will be lessed IF AND ONLY IF it is under a doctor's supervision..

short term naman eh kaya minimal systemic effect. medyo delikado pag long term kasi vit. A is known to increase cellular proliferation and differentiation.
Also, I was thinking of a pharmacokinetic perspective na systemic ang distribution pag oral yung mode of dosing as opposed to a cutaneous route.

Quote from: Futurenurse on June 22, 2010, 06:28:24 PMI just wanted to give an advice for those who recommend you to drink antibiotics.. please dont follow it! because it may further subject yourself to bacterial resistance... :D

I agree on not doing self medication. Its dangerous. There are so many ways to treat acne vulgaris and people should see a dermatologist if they wish to ask about antibiotics.
yeah.. it is a steroid.. the cyst (acne) was gone overnight.. and for the pharmacokinetic perspective, it just inhibit sebum production. furthermore, since isotretinoin was derived from tretintoin which is also a vit. A derivative, it increases epidermal synthesis thus preventing future breakouts, if not. and again, using such medications should be guided by a physician. it is also somehow, a last resort to cure acne, secondary to acne surgery.. :D

also, ive read someone who posted here that they should t avoid soap with benzoyl peroxide? (i forgot whose thread that..:)

FYI, the bacteria that causes pimples (acne) is a anaerobic bacteria which means, it can survive to an environment without oxygen. since, as the chemical name suggests, benzoyl perOXIDE, it is effective to those who have mild to moderate forms of acne since it exposes the bacteria to oxygen. also, if im not mistaken, majority of soaps used for acne has bacteriostatic and bactericidal effects.. pero, depende pdn kung san ka hiyang... :)