PGG New 2014 Layout

Started by Chris, February 25, 2014, 07:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
By now you should be seeing the new layout of the PGG blog / frontpage:

http://www.pinoyguyguide.com

Let me know guys what you think. Comments/Suggestions? Let me know too if you see a bug or a problem with the front page.

Thanks,
Chris

I like this new front page.
Though I found it difficult at first to find the Forum link.

Quote from: Lanchie on February 26, 2014, 05:48:31 AM
I like this new front page.
Though I found it difficult at first to find the Forum link.

thank you. actually I don't know where to add the Forums link besides the top menu bar.

The secondary navigation bar is for post categories. I want to add it there but it seems to be unrelated?!?. what do you think?

I think the forum link was just me. hahaha.

Nwei, I was thinking of having a sidebar instead. Para supplemental lang din naman ung forums sa blog eh. Then parang the sidebar shows the latest thread that was replied. Kahit di na kung ano ung reply but the thread title.
What do you think?

Thank u Lanchie. Check ko sya.

Have you seen the navigation sa right sidebar all the way down to the footer? Oks ba sya? Do you like the order of links in the sidebar?

Saw it na.
okay. This is from my perspective lang ha and i have no background in website designs. It feels a bit too cluttered. I'm thinking this is because of the images all over.

of course ayaw din namna natin ng TL;DR moments.

Suggestions for the sidebar:
- I think the Best of PGG list might be too long for people to pick. I was imagining it to be a list of top ten Best of PGG list.
- Same with the Top Categories.
-How about placing the twitter and IG feeds on a left sidebar?
Personally, footers don't work for me because I rarely reach the end of the web page. You could probably have them in separate pages then links on  your main bar.

These put focus on the images on your current posts displayed as images on the center page.

Quote from: Lanchie on February 27, 2014, 11:46:49 PM
Saw it na.
okay. This is from my perspective lang ha and i have no background in website designs. It feels a bit too cluttered. I'm thinking this is because of the images all over.

of course ayaw din namna natin ng TL;DR moments.

Suggestions for the sidebar:
- I think the Best of PGG list might be too long for people to pick. I was imagining it to be a list of top ten Best of PGG list.
- Same with the Top Categories.
-How about placing the twitter and IG feeds on a left sidebar?
Personally, footers don't work for me because I rarely reach the end of the web page. You could probably have them in separate pages then links on  your main bar.

These put focus on the images on your current posts displayed as images on the center page.

got it thanks Lanchie. I'll be doing some "tweaks" in the coming days. :)

Gora ,papa Chris.
These are just my two cents. hehehe

the front page is very beautiful :)